ordiwayselene
bigtuna

Gay Marriage

ordiwayselene

Pro

Gay Marriage ALL THE WAY PEOPLE ARE ALLOWD TO SPPEEK THEIR MIND AND LIKE WHO THEY LIKE
bigtuna

Con

Up to this point pro has made two assertions as to why gay marriage should be legal:

1. People are allowed to speak their mind

2. People are allowed to like who they are

Both of these really have no grounding in reasoning as to why gay marriage should be legal which is why I present the following answers to these assertions:

1. People are all ready allowed to speak their mind, gay marriage won't allow anybody to speak their mind more. In fact, a 2006 poll showed only 32% of adults asked supported gay marriage so legalization is actually opposing people's rights to speak their mind. Our government system is based on the idea that we ultimately act to help the people and gay marriage intrudes on the rights of the people to have a say in the government.
poll: http://www.religioustolerance.org...

2. People are all ready allowed to like who they are, in order for this argument to be at all valid pro must defend that marriage makes you happier. They have not done that so this argument all ready doesn't mean anything. In fact some will argue that marriage makes you more unhappy.

So pro can no longer claim any advantages to gay marriage, I would like to present the following disadvantages:

1. Gay marriage is unnatural and homosexuality itself is unnatural, to dislike not having gay marriage to dislike nature itself which is illogical because you are a direct product of nature.

2. Society is currently at odds with the gay community, "don't ask don't tell" has been passed and created progress for the gay community. Too much progress within a small period of time will upset people with tight anti-gay convictions. Even if gay marriage is so good, we should wait a little bit longer to legalize it.

3. All marriage is bad include gay marriage, we are doing gays a favor by not letting them get married.
ordiwayselene

Pro

so your saying that if two girls like eachother and want to get married its wrong?? wow!! that's some messed up stuff.
didn't your parents ever say like who you like and if they make you happy that's all that matters??there saying if your gay there not going to throw you out the house and not ever call you. gay marriage needs to be allowed so everyone can be happy with who hey are.
bigtuna

Con

bigtuna forfeited this round.
ordiwayselene

Pro

well as you can see my opponent has forfeited from this debate so I extend my arguments
and than you :>>>>
bigtuna

Con

bigtuna forfeited this round.
ordiwayselene

Pro

I will continue to extend my arguments
bigtuna

Con

bigtuna forfeited this round.
ordiwayselene

Pro

ordiwayselene forfeited this round.
bigtuna

Con

bigtuna forfeited this round.
Posted by icecreamislife 1 year ago
icecreamislife
We should think of it this way, should there be laws against love??? NO!!!!!
Posted by bigtuna 5 years ago
bigtuna
1st debate! I agree with gay marriage but I will take the other side in this debate
Posted by Koopin 5 years ago
Koopin
Ha.
Posted by ordiwayselene 5 years ago
ordiwayselene
any one open for a debate?????