kitsunecake
bettabreeder

Gay Marrige

kitsunecake

kitsunecake

Pro

I think gay marriage should be legalized because it is the persons choice on who to love i dont think the government can choice who you marry and its no ones buissness on who you want to be with and im lesbian so its just what i think.
bettabreeder

Con

I accpet

mar·riage

G2;marij/

noun

noun: marriage; plural noun: marriages

1.

the formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
kitsunecake

Pro

It's people choice to who they want to be with. Religion and other people shouldn't tell us who we can and can't be with because it our choice and our buissness
bettabreeder

Con

Before I start I want to say that I respect your sexual orentation and I don't hate you, but please respect mine on being a straight Catholic. Thanks

I'm surpised that you said its a choice because most of the homosexual commuity says they were born that way. On the other hand its a choice because if it wasn't the Human population will be much lower than what it is now. Gays learn to love there sex when there young as straights were born to love the differnce sex.

Because I am a Christian the Bible is my number one source that tells me that it should be legal, and its also sin in Christianity. Making Same-Sex Marriage legal is like making killing or stealing legal, there both sins so why make one sin okay but the others jail time (like they should be).

http://www.americanthinker.com...
http://www.gotquestions.org...

kitsunecake

Pro

But we do have to right to love who we want and if it's such a sin why did god make gays and lesbians please I'd love to know??
bettabreeder

Con

It is sin because God made Marriage between a Man and a Women. Like ever hear of the story in the Book Of Genesis, that God created a Man and Women, Adam and Eve and God wanted us to have marriage.

Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
Actually I read Cons arguments closer aaaaand. Worse than I though so I will award pro argument because she did not consistently shoot herself in the foot as con did. Marriage is fist and foremost a legal matter, a state matter. With the separation of church and state the bible cannot be used as evidence for prohibiting Gay Marriage. That doesn't mean you cant vote your opinion it just means that it does not hold up in a legal court. So if this were left up to a judge after all of the evidence was presented. Homosexuals would be allowed to marry. Tell me to my face that homophobia and scriptures should dictate who gets the "right" to marry!
Posted by kitsunecake 2 years ago
kitsunecake
Religion doesn't solve everything .-. And he doesn't control pur life's but he can help guide us
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
I cannot vote on this even though Con technically won. But con did not produce anything resembling a reasonable argument so I could not give him points!
Posted by RoeRoeRoeYourVote 2 years ago
RoeRoeRoeYourVote
"Making Same-Sex* Marriage legal is like making killing or stealing legal."

*spits out drink*

No. Unlike permitting killing or stealing, nobody is harmed by the legalization of same-sex* marriage. Same-gender couples are merely excluded due to tradition, nothing more.
Posted by PKisACat 2 years ago
PKisACat
Honestly, it should be legalized. There won't be an increase in homosexuality because if you're gay/lesbian you are gay/lesbian and are most likely dating anyways. If you don't like them getting married than just ignore it.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Everyone loves lesbians. It's male gay marriage they're against. They only say they're against both so they don't look bigoted.
Vote Placed by WilliamsP 2 years ago
WilliamsP
kitsunecakebettabreederTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was absolutely hideous. Grammar and spelling were horrible and therefore it is a tie. I give the "more convincing arguments" points to Pro because I feel that, morally, they are correct. Pro used more sources, but they were unreliable and - as many of us know - there is no God.
Vote Placed by Hematite12 2 years ago
Hematite12
kitsunecakebettabreederTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate thoroughly hurt my soul. Hardly any reasonable arguments were made on either side, but I give Pro arguments partly because Con fails to understand that a 2000 year old book written by shepherds and politicians is not a legitimate source in a debate. Con gets sources, because at least he sourced, I guess.......
Vote Placed by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
kitsunecakebettabreederTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did a horrible job and pro failed on so many levels but managed to win with only one sentence. "But we do have to right to love who we want and if it's such a sin why did god make gays and lesbians" This leaves us with Christianity cherry picking scripture to suit their agenda. There is a good chance God does not exist and even a better chance that he could care less if your gay. The fact that people still spout crap like "your going to hell" is no different. They have no clue if you are going to hell or if hell is even real. They have a lot of nerve to judge anyone based on a moral code that they themselves cannot live up to. So Gay's get married already. Screw the close minded garbage that comes from insecurity and fear! Worst debate ever!!!