red_x
RoyalDark

Gay Marrige

red_x

Pro

Just vote fairly, no mean comments, this is just our stance on this topic. First round is acceptance/why you don't/do agree with Gay marriage, the rest is argument and rebuttal in the same round.

I don't personally see a problem with gay marriage. I see it as there choice not ours.
RoyalDark

Con

Good luck red_x! I am against gay marriage because it denies both natural law and the very definition of marriage. All of this I will explain in my opening argument. Thanks for the challenge red_x!
red_x

Pro

Equal Rights. The number of people in this world who are against equal rights is too damn high!! We as a society need to put aside our differences and move further along. If we do not do this we will get stuck in a rut again.
RoyalDark

Con

RoyalDark forfeited this round.
red_x

Pro

I extend my argument to the next round.
RoyalDark

Con

Sorry for not responding. My wifi went down.

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex "marriage" propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

Another issue with gay marriage is that it leaves children without a mother or father. This can cause issues with the child's upbringing.

Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law"s most elementary precept is that "good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided." By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act"s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally.
red_x

Pro

Not necessarily, if you ask around, most don't have a problem with gay marriage. It's their choice! Why be bothered with it. That would be like a homosexual person walking up to a married couple and telling them that there marriage shouldn't be allowed because it's just not normal. What is normal then. Whats normal for the spider is terror for the fly. Whats normal for gay people is immoral for us. Why be bothered with it. Give 'em there rights, it really doesn't affect us that much.
RoyalDark

Con

It is not just about how it affects us. For most people, a gay couple getting married will have no effect on them whatsoever. It is about what is right.
red_x

Pro

Well I guess then my last statement is how do we know what is right? Just because we did it "normal" for a while doesn't mean we weren't doing it wrong. And whose to say it's wrong if they are in love?
RoyalDark

Con

It is not wrong if they are in love. What IS wrong is the marriage aspect. As I said in my earlier argument, there are many reasons why it is wrong, but that is marriage itself, not their relationship.