Gay Mirriage

First of all i wanna say sorry for my bad English, It's my second language.
I want to talk about Gay marriage i don't think that gays have the right to get married as the only thing that we do now is making it easy for non-gays to become gays.
You may think that's normal, But i want you to imagine with me that every single person in this life is gay just imagine.The human race will extinct, Indeed that's not the reality but it could happen in closed, small socities .

I accept the resolution. I will be arguing that same-sex marriage should be legal.

First: Let's all agree that the American government didn't legalize Gay marriage for the sake of "Gay Marriage" they don't care about "Gays" all what Obama wants is to stay the president of the United States Of America.
Second: I want to talk about Gay men most of them if not all of them are shy they don't tend to be talking to girls especially in the younger ages 14-19 (Teenagers), From my point of view I think that originally Gay people want to feel normal they want to feel that they can talk to girls at any time, Not only that but also they feel that girls are in some kind of a "Position of Power" where they choose who they talk to whenever they want to ,In fact they actually want to feel this power, They want to be liked while they don't look to the talents they have as "Men" their self esteem becomes lower and lower I'd say until they lose hope in talking to girls , But the problem is that they hate loneliness so they will try and do whatever it takes to get into a relationship despite the fact that this relationship is with the same sex.
N.B: what I said in the previous segment was nothing but my point of view
Lots of researches have shown that Homosexuality causes Mental & Physical Problems , As for the mental problems we got:
depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobia, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and alcohol and drug dependence were significantly higher in homosexual respondents.
Which caused Twenty-One Percent suicide plans; 12% of these plans had attempted (almost half of those 12% were multiple attempters). Most who attempted suicide made their first attempt before age 25.
Homosexuals more likely to suffer from depression: "A new study in the United Kingdom has revealed that homosexuals are about 50% more likely to suffer from depression and engage in substance abuse than the rest of the population, reports . . . the risk of suicide jumped over 200% if an individual had engaged in a homosexual lifestyle . . . the lifespan of a homosexual is on average 24 years shorter than that of a heterosexual . . . While the Health 24 article suggested that homosexuals may be pushed to substance abuse and suicide because of anti-homosexual cultural and family pressures, empirical tests have shown that there is no difference in homosexual health risk depending on the level of tolerance in a particular environment. Homosexuals in the United States and Denmark--the latter of which is acknowledged to be highly tolerant of homosexuality--both die on average in their early 50's, or in their 40's if AIDS is the cause of death. The average age for all residents in either country ranges from the mid-to-upper-70s."
Now let's talk about The Physical Diseases that is caused by homosexuality:
HPV (Human Papillomavirus), The most common STD in the United States, is also a concern for MSM. Some types of HPV can cause genital and anal warts and some can lead to the development of anal and oral cancer. Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. Men who are HIV-positive are even more likely than those who are uninfected to develop anal cancer.
Breast Cancer higher among Lesbians: "Breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed and is the leading cause of cancer death among women in the United States, following cancers of the skin and lung. Recent research has identified risk factors for breast cancer that may differentially affect lesbian and bisexual women, including nulliparity and higher rates of alcohol consumption and overweight, that may place this population at greater [sic] risk than heterosexual women of developing breast cancer."
2% of U.S. population is gay yet it accounts for 61% of HIV infection: "Men who have sex with men remain the group most heavily affected by new HIV infections. While CDC estimates that MSM represent only 2 percent of the U.S. population, they accounted for the majority (61 percent; 29,300) of all new HIV infections in 2009. Young MSM (ages 13 to 29) were most severely affected, representing more than one quarter of all new HIV infections nationally (27 percent; 12,900 in 2009)."
Gay men's lifespan shorter than non-gay men: "The life expectancy for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for men in general. Robert S. Hogg et al., "Modeling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men," International Journal of Epidemiology 26 (1997): 657."
"In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women."
Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: "'the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.'(Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications," Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41"59."
Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: "For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men."
In the end i wan to say that i will not gain anything or lose anything from winning/losing this debate i only want the people to realize what's wrong before it's too late gay people don't strike me as evil but they have poblems; mental problems.\ColdFusion9\verity\Data\dummy.txt

To clarify, this will not be a debate about whether or not gay couples should be given the same benefits as same-sex couples, or whether same-sex marriage should be ‘recognized’ by the government, we are arguing whether it should be made ‘legal’.

C1) Increase Amount of Children Adopted

Legalizing gay marriage would significantly increase the amount of children that are adopted from foster care.

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted. [1]

Since gay couples cannot have children together, they are extremely likely to adopt a child instead. Many states and adoption agencies make it extremely hard to impossible for an unmarried gay couple to adopt a child [2], legalizing gay marriage would make it impossible for these states and adoption agencies to deny a now married couple access to adoption options. Now that thousands of married couples are ready and able to become loving parents, thousands of orphaned children can have loving parents.

C2) Fosters Acceptance

Now that gay couples are able to do what members of the heterosexual community are able to do, this makes the community more likely to accept the gay couple. The more barriers that separate gays from heterosexuals, the more heterosexuals are inclined to reject gays from their communities. But when gays are able to have access to the same things that heterosexuals have, they are seen less as an ‘outsider’.

C3) Reduces Suicides

Legalizing gay marriages would reduce the amount of people that commit suicide.

Gays have a higher risk of committing suicide. MIND interviewed 3,000 gay men and found that 21% had made plans to kill themselves, and 12% had attempted suicide. [3] By legalizing gay marriage, gay people feel less 'different' than other people, and thus are less likely to become deppressed. Legalizing gay marriage will help ease the stress that comes from homosexuality and hopefully stem the flow of suicides that come as a result of it.

C4) Equality

Denying marriage to two individuals that love each other just as much as any other couple based on their gender is denying them a fundamental freedom; to marry the one you love. In the words of Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Sarah Zabel, “[the ban] serves only to hurt, to discriminate, to deprive same-sex couples and their families of equal dignity, to label and treat them as second-class citizens, and to deem them unworthy of participation in one of the fundamental institutions of our society." [4]

C5) Marriage Benefits

Married couples enjoy 1,138 rights, benefits, and protections [5], such as health insurance benefits, medical rights, tax returns, inheritance, etc. Denying some Americans these rights yet granting them to others based on their sexual orientation is discrimination. Same-sex couples sadly do not get to enjoy these benefits, even though they are a loving couple the same as everyone else.

Well, In my last round I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that same-sex marriage causes mental and physical problems, Therefore it shouldn't be legal; In this way we only help spread these problems.

I can clearly see that my opponent didn't realize the message behind my article, Therefore he didn't respond to the issues caused by legalizing such marriage which would clearly spread these problems on a larger scale, Unless there is another reason of course.

(1)Adopted Children

If you searched for adopted children by gay families, well you will see paradise,perfect families,caring,listening and loving.

But we actually forgot about one important element which is the mixture of parenting between the mother and the father, Which we will never ever find in any same-sex family.

It's not fair for adopted children to live without a mother or without a father, One of them will definitely be missing in the same-sex family.

Will the child feel different from his friends at school? Yes he will, He will not celebrate father's day if he got two mothers and will not celebrate mother's day if he got two fathers.

My point is that gay family can't provide what normal family can provide.

(2)Same-Sex Family Structures Are Not as Beneficial

As the American College of Paediatricians brief shows, all four"the four most recent"find that children do not fare as well when raised by same-sex couples as when raised by married, biological parents.

To the contrary, such children often experience significantly higher levels of events or conditions such as being arrested, using marijuana, being depressed, having a learning disability or other psychological or developmental problem"and are less likely to graduate from high school. As adults, they are more likely to be unemployed, receive public assistance and to have an extramarital affair.

Children raised by married same-sex couples showed markedly higher rates of depression, unhappiness, fear and anxiety than those raised by unmarried same-sex couples.

This is not surprising, and it doesn"t mean that people in same-sex relationships are bad parents. To the contrary, many of them are wonderful parents individually.

But a same-sex couple simply cannot provide a child with the benefits of biological connections and gender diversity that her own two, married biological parents can provide.

And that is the fundamental problem with any policy"including recognition of same-sex marriage"that tends to encourage or facilitate a parent"s decision to raise her biological child in a household that does not include the other biological parent.

(3) Same-sex Marriage Makes It Worse

It gets worse. Advocates of same-sex marriage have assumed that the benefits to children from man-woman marriage would automatically transfer in both degree and kind to children raised by same-sex couples"if those couples could only marry.

But assumptions are not science. As the American College of Pediatricians brief shows, when one of the four studies mentioned above (finding "no difference" between same-sex and opposite-sex family structures) was corrected for coding errors, the study actually showed something else: In several important respects, children"s outcomes were worse when raised by married same-sex couples than if they were not married at all.

Specifically, children raised by married same-sex couples showed markedly higher rates of depression, unhappiness, fear and anxiety than those raised by unmarried same-sex couples.

Starting off Con claims that the government did not legalize same-sex marriage because they ‘cared about gays’ but rather because Obama wanted to stay president. This statement shows how little knowledge Con has of the topic. When gay marriage was legalized, Obama was already well into his 2nd term, meaning he could not have ‘stayed President’ for any later than he already would have. Secondly, Obama did not legalize gay marriage, the Supreme Court did [1].

Con then gives his hypothesis on why people are gay, and concedes that what he had just said had no value and, ‘what I said in the previous segment was nothing but my point of view’.

Con then moves onto his arguments; that being gay causes depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobia, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and alcohol and drug dependence. Con fails to link us to any sort of evidence for his claims, therefore his argument can be dismissed as such. I recommend he provide links in the future. Even if we take his argument as true despite the lack of any sort of evidence, the impact of it does not benefit his side, nor harm mine. Why does gays being more likely to have suicidal thoughts have to do with legalizing gay marriage, Con does not explain why gay marriage should be illegal. If anything, we should do everything we can to fix the harm that is being done to gays as Con lists for us, we should therefore legalize gay marriage to at least reduce these problems. Con’s argument is completely negated.

In the second argument Con talks about the health risks that are involved with being gay. I still fail to see how this shows that gay marriage should be illegal. Con does not even mention gay marriage, Con needs to stay on topic.

In the end, the two arguments Con has presented have had nothing to do with gay marriage being legalized, and both have no impact whatsoever.

For the second time Pro doesn't seem to be understanding that I'm mentioning the problems caused by being gay, Is because being gay itself will cause mental and physical problems and by legalizing this type of marriage we will only increase these types of problems and that's why I'm talking about health risks.

I have to admit that I completely forgot about the elections, But yet I must say it's not about "Obama" it's about the government, They don't want any disturbance in the country: revolutions and so on.... .

I could clearly see that Pro doesn't read my articles as I read his, Because I can clearly see that I have posted links for what I said which supports my article in the bottom of the article, But I will post them again in the bottom of this article maybe we will see it this time

In this round, Con only responds to one of my five arguments, dropping all the others. Therefore I will defend the one argument he responded to; Adoption.

Con says my argument is null because the adopted child would not be able to celebrate either Father’s Day or Mother’s Day. I would like to point out that in an orphanage, the child would be celebrating neither.

Con also says that the child would be missing the mixture of mother and father, yet fails to explain how this is better than a father and a father or a mother and a mother.

He then concludes that a gay family cannot provide what a ‘normal’ family can provide. Here Con does not explain how a normal family can provide ‘more’ than a ‘gay’ family. I also point out that a gay family can at least provide more than no family would.
Con has also dropped my argument that legalizing SSM (Same-Sex Marriage) would increase the amount of adopted children.

Same-Sex Family Structures Are Not as Beneficial

Con breaks round structure and provides even more new arguments, sadly I have to respond to these.

Con argues without evidence that SS couples that raise children, the children experience ‘more’ problems than a ‘normal’ family would. The problem with this is that Con does not show how it is worse than if the child had no parents at all and was raised in an orphanage his/her entire childhood. This argument only has impact if Con can ‘prove’ this.

Same-sex Marriage Makes It Worse

Thinking this would be a different argument than the former, I made another section. Yet it is just an extension of the first, my response is still the same.

modysayed1 forfeited this round.

I will waive this round to keep it fair. I would like to thank my opponent for a good match, it broadened my horizons. Thank you!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
>Reported vote: Bennett91// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con's main contention was that gay people are bad, not about weather or not they deserve equal legal rights. Pro had great organization and made great point not address well by Con.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter needs to directly address arguments made by Pro in order to explain the decision. He only does this in the vaguest sense, simply stating that he "had great organization and made great point", but that doesn't show that he read or found any of Pro's arguments convincing.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
>Reported vote: Topher1989// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con did not truly provide evidence for his assertions, and pro's arguments were far more convincing.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter needs to actually explain the decision with points given in the debate. This RFD could be copy-pasted into any vote and still apply " that doesn't show that the voter read and comprehended this debate.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
I like Pro's organization, and how it addresses various advantages to gay marriage. I wonder how Con will rebut Pro.
Vote Placed by UtherPenguin 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff