mrzdebatesawesome
xvrapple

Gay adoption

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

mrzdebatesawesome

Pro

to begin my argument, I would like to point out that I am all for gays adopting though I am not homosexual myself.
in my opinion gay adoption should be legal across the globe because all humans are equal and should have the same rights. its not even remotely fair to exempt a group of people from doing something just because of there decision of who to love. and most people say that growing up in a gay household is bad for a child because they will grow up to eventually be gay. but this is not always true. I, as well as many other people, have grown up in a gay household and I am not gay. furthermore, being homosexual is a choice not a forced lifestyle.
xvrapple

Con

Since you don't specify the United States and in your case you present the world that is what i will be going off of.

Homosexual couples adopting a child is not morally wrong, but the greater question is should it be done?

My opponent states that "it should be legal across the globe because all humans are equal" that statement i believe this to be very true. The underlying problem with that statement is does everyone else in the world think this way? Lets examine other countries in the world such as Saudi Arabia were a child with two mothers or two fathers would be ridiculed if not killed due to Saudi Arabia's theocratic ideals. Lets look at Papua new guinea another country where again children would be ridiculed and parents of that child either sent to prison or charged enormous sums of money. There are numerous countries with beliefs in Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern Asia that two people of the same gender should not have a child.Not everyone has the same beliefs and no one should be forced to change their beliefs but its this liberty that denies the world to make the single decision for homosexual couples to adopt.The decision that all homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt or have children can be weighed as the following.

1. Thousands of families around the world will be happier because they can adopt and have a child.

2.All the countless children that would suffer in foreign nations along with their families as a result of having homosexual parents.

For all these reasons i negate.
mrzdebatesawesome

Pro

mrzdebatesawesome forfeited this round.
xvrapple

Con

xvrapple forfeited this round.
mrzdebatesawesome

Pro

mrzdebatesawesome forfeited this round.
xvrapple

Con

xvrapple forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
mrzdebatesawesomexvrappleTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit