Bill_Henly
Bitch_Goddess

Gay is a mental disorder.

Bill_Henly has forfeited round #3.

Bill_Henly

Pro

For many years the public has accepted Gays to be normal. Even recently they were even pressured into legalizing Gay marriage thanks to Obama. Gays should not be accepted as they are not normal. God created man and woman to marry and love each other. Men should not love men and women should not love women. If you believe in evolution this also makes sense. Kids can only be made when a man and a woman get together. Man and man is not good for anyone. People are pretending it is normal to make the Gays feel better but it is not normal.

Gay is no different than ADD and Autism. Instead of letting the Gays live like normal people they should be sending them away and giving them treatment. Maybe they should even start making Gay medicine like with ADD to stop the effects of it and maybe even cure them.
Bitch_Goddess

Con

I accept this debate.

I (Con) am here to argue against the idea that 'gay' is a mental disorder.

Pro is here to argue that 'gay' is a mental disorder.

I will begin by providing the definition of mental disorder (according to the American Psychiatric Association): health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.

Point 1:
Being gay or lesbian does not change their thinking (no solid evidence or studies have shown otherwise). Of being gay myself, I have always found an interest in women. The "change" portion of the definition involves the emphasis on switching or, perhaps in other words, different. Finding the same sex to be attractive is not something you come to change in regards to the preference of a persons' gender. It is something that has always been with you. Which is why people refer to it as "discovering" your sexual orientation, and not "changing" your sexual orientation. Though you may not have realized your attraction to the same sex, it has always been there.

Point 2:
The MPFC (Medial Prefrontal Cortex) is the part of our brain that makes determinations and decisions. It helps humans determine attraction towards one another and so forth. In regards to this, it helps further my point that being gay is not having a mental illness. Your MPFC is the reason of finding attraction. In an example, a book called "The Male Brain" helps give some insight on how the MPFC of a gay male reacts when seeing the face of another male, rather as that of a straight male (See pages 133-135)

"Gays should not be accepted as they are not normal."
You will need to emphasize and create a more broad argument if you wish to support your opinion/statement.

"God created man and woman to marry and love each other."
Is this a debate on religion? Many people do not conform to religion. In so, religious practices should not be imposed on the laws of modern society.
And again, if you plan on supporting your statement, you will need to provide evidence and not just state what you think.
(Example: Book, chapter, verse)

" Men should not love men and women should not love women"
Why? You still fail to provide anything to support your claims other than your previous statement that 'God' created men and women to love and marry each-other which, again, provides not support.

" If you believe in evolution this also makes sense. Kids can only be made when a man and a woman get together."
And what of infertile men and women? Are they useless because they cannot provide children? I might also mention, the world is becoming overpopulated (I'm sure you've heard this). The lower amount of child births throughout the years is helping lower the risks of overpopulation (see the third source).

"Man and man is not good for anyone. "
The factor of two gay men wanting to adopt, however, is. Of the recent couples getting married throughout gays and lesbians, approximately 20,061 kids have been adopted (see the fourth source).
" Researchers estimate that the total number of children nationwide living with at least one gay parent ranges from six to 14 million.
At the same time, the United States is facing a critical shortage of adoptive and foster parents. As a result, hundreds of thousands of children in this country are without permanent homes. These children languish for months, even years, within state foster care systems that lack qualified foster parents and are frequently riddled with other problems."

"Gay is no different than ADD and Autism."
A child having ADD or Autism affects their lives every day (see the first source). It causes issues in their everyday lives, which is why medication is used to help lower those challenges they mentally face with coping to every-day life. Being gay does not affect the person [negatively], nor would any medication "help" their own attractions change.

" Instead of letting the Gays live like normal people they should be sending them away and giving them treatment. Maybe they should even start making Gay medicine like with ADD to stop the effects of it and maybe even cure them."
That not only has been attempted (and still continues) but results in the deaths of many children, men, and women who have been forced to go through such evil programs. It is commonly known as "reparative therapy" in case you didn't know (see source 6). It was (literally) torture, which is why the practices became illegal. There is no medication on changing someone's sexual orientation, either.

Conclusion:
If Pro plans on having a proper debate/discussion, I suggest providing sources and support for Pro's statements. Opinions mean nothing if Pro cannot turn them into facts.
I look forward to having this debate with Pro.

-http://www.apa.org...
-https://www.psychiatry.org...
-https://books.google.com...
-http://www.pewresearch.org...
-https://www.lifelongadoptions.com...
-http://www.nclrights.org...

Extra Sources:
-https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
-https://www.aclu.org...
Bill_Henly

Pro

I'm sorry but I believe this debate is untrue because you are biased since you are a Gay. And yes being Gay does change your thinking. If you are gay, you like men but not women. That means you think differently than everyone else and it means you are not normal.

"Many people do not conform to religion. In so, religious practices should not be imposed on the laws of modern society."
I'm sorry but you have to come back into reality 10% is not many. Everyone else has religion and it won't change/

"And what of infertile men and women? Are they useless because they cannot provide children? I might also mention, the world is becoming overpopulated (I'm sure you've heard this). The lower amount of child births throughout the years is helping lower the risks of overpopulation (see the third source)."

Yes, infertile men and women are mutated forms of normal humans that have non-functioning sex systems. The world is not becoming overpopulated. It won't be for a long long time. And no gays are not helping us by not making children. That is simply propaganda made by the democrats to make people believe their agenda.

"The factor of two gay men wanting to adopt, however, is. Of the recent couples getting married throughout gays and lesbians, approximately 20,061 kids have been adopted"
They still would have been adopted, just not by a gay family that will make them gay.

"Being gay does not affect the person [negatively], nor would any medication "help" their own attractions change."
Being gay does in fact affect a person negatively. They cannot make their own children because they don't love women. If we can make medicine to treat ADD then we can make medicine to treat Gay.

"If Pro plans on having a proper debate/discussion, I suggest providing sources and support for Pro's statements. Opinions mean nothing if Pro cannot turn them into facts."
My source is the bible, Christianity, evolution and modern politics.
Bitch_Goddess

Con

"I'm sorry but I believe this debate is untrue because you are biased since you are a Gay. And yes being Gay does change your thinking. If you are gay, you like men but not women. That means you think differently than everyone else and it means you are not normal"
You are correct that I am biased in this argument. However, that does not change my position, nor does it affect my arguments from other sources. I bring in facts, you bring in opinions. Even if I am biased, the facts remain, simple as that. I cannot twist them to my own views, as they are factual.
For example, stating I am not normal is opinion. You have provided no evidence to suggest I'm not normal, and therefore cannot rebuttal my argument until then. Also, I refer to the term "gay" as liking the same sex. I am a woman, so I am properly referred to as "lesbian" (liking women, not men). My apologies for the confusion.
"'Many people do not conform to religion. In so, religious practices should not be imposed on the laws of modern society.'
I'm sorry but you have to come back into reality 10% is not many. Everyone else has religion and it won't change"
A lot DO have religion, however, my statement remains the same. And yes, 10% is many (even though it's approximately 14-16%)
http://www.pewresearch.org...
Not to mention, many gays and lesbians have religion and do not believe that the Bible is against homosexuality. So that argument still does not help you. As well as many, MANY supporters of the LGBT.
http://www.pewforum.org...
2017:35%-White Evangelical Protestants68%-White Mainline Protestants44%-Black Protestants67%-Catholics85%-Unaffiliated
So again, that stance does not hold, as many religious people are openly supportive of gays and lesbians. (And this isn't even half of the religions out there)
Religious practices should not be imposed on the modern laws of society. There are people of many faiths, so it would not only be biased (something you accused me of being and I openly admitted to), but it would make no sense to make your religion the leader. Especially when there are hundreds of millions that are agnostic, secular, non-religious or atheist.
14% of 7 billion = 980,000,000
And thankfully for us, Religion ISN'T the prime. And modern society does not conform to your religious beliefs.
"Yes, infertile men and women are mutated forms of normal humans that have non-functioning sex systems. The world is not becoming overpopulated. It won't be for a long long time. And no gays are not helping us by not making children. That is simply propaganda made by the Democrats to make people believe their agenda."
Normal humans? I think you're misunderstanding the word "normal". Normal: conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected. Being infertile IS normal. It is expected in many humans, and though it is not the normal function of sex organs, it still conforms to the word "normal" in reference to the people themselves. It is not something that's wanted, however, it is expected that the human race will indeed continue to have hundreds of thousands of infertile men and women.
And your evidence? Again, where are you pulling this out of? I haven't seen a shred of proof that the world is not becoming overpopulated.
"They still would have been adopted, just not by a gay family that will make them gay."
Do you even understand the foster-care/adoption system? Many kids do not become adopted. If we were to use your logic, millions more would already be adopted right now. However, they aren't. I can't tell if Pro is a troll account or what because Pro's "logic" in every issue is brought up as weak at best.
"Being gay does in fact affect a person negatively. They cannot make their own children because they don't love women. If we can make medicine to treat ADD then we can make medicine to treat Gay."
Have you never heard of surrogacy? Artificial insemination? They aren't infertile, they just love the same sex. Therefore they can still have biological children. And therefore, it is not a negative effect. Negative effects of ADD are:
-low self-esteem
-social anxiety, which may progress to a full blown anxiety disorder
-depression
-self-mutilation or self- harming behaviors
-and attempts to self-medicate using drugs, alcohol, or binge eating
http://www.timberlineknolls.com...
And again, you cannot change the MPFC. So don't start with that crap about making medications again.
"My source is the bible, Christianity, evolution and modern politics."
Then state the Bible book, chapter, and verse. You have provided no evidence whatsoever to stake your claims. Everything you say has been opinions with no support.
I plan on challenging you to another debate on where the Bible is against homosexuality, just to be clear.
Now, I thank you for continuing this debate. However, if you plan on having a meaningful and productive discussion, use facts instead of opinions. Your arguments are not convincing and pose no real proof behind them.
You are convincing no one.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 9 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
I can't even tell which side you are on because your words are all jumbled up.
You say that nothing on this issue is 100% accurate....and then say to do your research? When I already have?
Make up your mind.
Posted by TruthIsHiddenInTheLies 9 months ago
TruthIsHiddenInTheLies
XD!!!!!....Im a person of few words....but to think people know what the heck they are talking about is not so...being gay, trans, lesbian, i could care less but the fact of the matter is that all these researchers, studys on this issue is NOT 100% ACCURATE. which everybody and i do mean EVERYBODY is wasting their time over something so feking stupid because right now there is worse things to talk about then keeping the issue of this dumb crap up and going because face facts all of it has something to do with your DNA and Your Brain, It doesn't start to manifest until puberty starts and with that your Conscious Starts to make hints that your this or that then what'd ya know you know that you don't feel like yourself, etc...

you can't prove something thats not there, but in REALITY people don't want to believe the Truth and Face Facts, they want to live in a fake life thats buried in lie's and corruption trying to be something they are not.

i don't care who you are, where your from, what you do in life, im blunt as 'ell....just face the facts people then you'll understand what the bloody 'ell is going on in this day and age after you've done your research, plus i dont need to explain anything more about whats in this post because 1.you don't understand, 2.you want to holla not see reason, finally 3. you're probably living by false truths. AMEN XDXDXDXD!!!!
TruthIsHiddenInTheLies

TruthIsHiddenInTheLies

Posted by Debating_Horse 9 months ago
Debating_Horse
Its okay to be GAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Posted by Nd2400 9 months ago
Nd2400
Yeah, to bad he is a troll. I guess he have nothing else to do, but talk sh$t.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 9 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Nd2400, he's a troll. Just look at his previous debates. It's obvious that logic doesn't work with him.
Posted by Nd2400 9 months ago
Nd2400
Ok fine, Human Evolution is just a theory, Right. But you can't say it not real, nor you can't say it's false. Because you can't actually prove it not real. Only time will tell, to gather more dated, to prove it is real. Sure we have scientist, who can argue against Human Evolution, but just as many scientist say it is real. So really you haven't prove that it's isn't real. I guess we will agree to disagree. But the other part of the problem you haven't solve is you don't believe in equal rights. That's is a problem. You don't believe gays should have rights to be with each other. SO with your logic, it's perfectly fine, to separate people and have them gas like what happen in Poland (holocaust concentration camps), just because they think differently or act differently, or don't feel the same as a straight person. Just to let you know, that would be going against what Jesus preached. AS for me just trolling. No, I'm here to try to have a real conversation, about why equal rights are important, and not thinking like you are. Which is outdated. You need to wake up, and think why we have equal rights. In your line of thinking is just wrong. Let me ask you a question if you had a daughter or son, would you still love them if they were gay?
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 9 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Are you going to actually respond to the debate, or just continue squabbling in the comment section, Bill Henly? Because in all honesty, the only one who looks like a troll is the person who can't support their claims with jack squat; you.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 9 months ago
Bitch_Goddess