Gogert777
Dilara

Gay is not "o.k"

Gogert777

Gogert777

Con

Acceptance.
I am Con/against the idea of homosexual and hederosexual as a whole.

You Will be Pro/For and you think Gays have the right to be gay in society.
You must prove your point that being gay is not negative, and I will do the opposite.
I look forward to this debate.
Dilara

Pro

Gogert777

Con

I am taking the stance that the homosexual lifestyle should not be praised or accepted by society. Therefore, it should not be aired or promoted period especially to our children. My points will mostly include why homosexuality is bad and negative for society and its members. I do want to clarify that the homosexual lifestyle is a choice, they are not born that way.
Also, homosexuality is abnormal I am glad we agree on this but there is a reason that it is and it should stay that way. Ultimately, the homosexual lifestyle in no way should be praised or viewed positively by society because of the substantial negative effects.
My question is why should a lifestyle that is so harmful be praised, acknowledged and promoted? Would you be supportive of a cartoon show that had hero's smoking or doing drugs? I am going to make the assumption that you would not (please clarify if you would support this). Why would you or most people not support this because it is an abnormal lifestyle that is harmful to the individuals participating in it. There are substantial health risks involved along with decreasing life spans and it affects others. Well homosexuality does the exact same thing, let me explain through research done by experts.

Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases, 60% of all syphilis cases, and 17% of all hospital admissions (other than for STDs) in the United States (1). They make up only 1-2% of the population

78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs (2)

It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us(3)

The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75 (4)

Also, here is research about how homosexuality affects children.

A study on childhood and adolescent molestation found rates of homosexual sexual abuse reported by homosexual adults to be almost 7 times higher for homosexual men, and 22 times higher for homosexual women, compared to their heterosexual counterparts. (US National Library of Medicine)

33% of homosexuals ADMIT to minor/adult sex (5)

Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestation's in the United States, which, assuming homosexuals make up 2% of the population, means that 1 in 20 homosexuals is a child molester, while 1 in 490 heterosexuals is a child molester (6)

73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years of age (7)

The following information is research completed by the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. ( The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC) (National Aids Trust, NAT)
- MSM are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. (The National CDC and Prevention)
- CDC data released 2010 National STD Prevention Conference:
There are 522 to 989 cases of HIV per 100,000 MSM, compared to 12 cases in other men and 13 cases per 100,000 women. The primary and secondary syphilis rate among MSM is over 46 times higher than the rate among other men, and over 71 times higher than among women

Conclusion: You are supporting and wanting to promote a lifestyle that contains all kinds of health risks and detrimental to people. By you supporting it you are encouraging people to shorten their life spans, putting children at risk, opening their minds to STD's and making them think this is not a big deal.

I do not want to support it because I care about people and children enough to not support homosexuality. There are substantial health risks involved on the homosexual people, possible children, and other reasons. In fact, studies have shown that years of smoking shortens the lifespan of the smoker from 1 to 7 years and homosexual behavior shortens life span by 24 years (life site news). It would be better to promote smoking than homosexual behavior, although I think we should not do either.

1. Changes in Sexual Behavior and Incidence of Gonorrhea. Lancet, April 25, 1987
2. Rueda, E. "The Homosexual Network." Old Greenwich, Conn., the Devin Adair Company, 1982, p. 53
3. Kaifetz, J. "Homosexual Rights Are Concern for Some," Post-Tribune, 18 December 1992
4. Fields, Dr. E. "Is Homosexual Activity Normal?" Marietta, GA
5. Family Research Institute, Lincoln, NE
6. Psychological Reports, 1986, 58, pp. 327-37
7. Jay and Young. The Gay Report. Summit Books, 1979, p. 275
Dilara

Pro

Thank you for the debate.
First I would like to say that homosexuality is not a choice. If it was a choice why are there so many gay people that commit suicide because if their sexual orientation? Why are their so many gays that are ashamed of who they are and pray and beg God to make them "normal" or straight?. Even if it was a choice they aren't hurting anyone. Unless their sexual orientation has a negitivley impact on them selves or others-if it causes physical or emotional harm than it's not a problem. I don't know why people care so much about someone else's sex life. Ones sex life is the most private thing about their life. Why do other people care if it doesn't have any impact on their own life? Why do people care who someone else has sex with?
I'm straight. To be honest when I picture a women having sex with a women or a man having sex with a man I feel kind of grossed out. I know that humans are meant to be heterosexual. I'm not premotimg homosexuality-infact I'm not even praising it-I'm just being accepting and tolerant. I have gone to public schools my whole life and I have found that in public schools (my k-8 school especially) gay is promoted as "good" and there is a stigma attatched to people who don't like homosexuality because of religion or for other reasons. They forced us to watch videos like "it's elementary" and others which were about what it's like to be gay and how hard of is to be gay ect. I found this very annoying. Gay is not good-and it's not bad-it is what it is. I have a problem with people forcing middle schoolers to watch those kinds of documentary a (we were in 7th grade when we watched it's elementary) and I don't think that any religion or sexual orientation or culture should be promoted-I think they should be accepted and tolerated. There is nothing wrong with teaching people to a accepting and tolerant of different life styles (as long as those life styles are not harmful).
Thanks
Gogert777

Con

Whole we accept that people do crack cocaine and do heroin. The gay rights movement is getting traction and gay marriage is becoming legal in some states. You say it grosses you out but you are "tolerant" of the gays.
In my option, since you gave some of yours, I find homosexuality incredibly horrific fate and extremely disgusting. People that are like this are lower than rat feces. It is wrong, and I should never be. I will not tolerant acts like this. I will not accept this as a way of life for people. I do not care that is it their choice, it is a disease. Bastiality is legel for the same reasons. Breastiality is on the same level of putride as homosexual people.
It is not natural in humans, so it should not be allowed. Most natural things in this world are good and are play the role they should, but homosexuality, beatiality, child molestation etc. I am actually tolerant of an 19 year old in love with a 91 year old, but ultimately, there is not enough wrong there from me to judge.
Homosexuality is a stain on the mark of the human race on this earth. I say all of this with patient and opinion. Don't just accept everything.
Dilara

Pro

I find homosexuality gross. I accept homosexuals. There is a difference in Homosexuality and homosexuals. I don't dislike or like homosexuality. I can tolerate it if it doesn't negatively impact me or anyone else.
They aren't doing anything wrong. They're not hurting anyone else by having sex with the person they love.
I don't accept anything. I accept things that don't harm anyone. What do you plan to do to did the world of this "disease"?. Why do you care who someone else sleeps with? I can understand why you would care what someone else sleeps with ( beastiality). Child molestation harms children. Being gay doesn't harm anyone.
Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
Gogert777
Thank you for voting ChosenWolff.
Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
Gogert777
Awesome, thanks for voting FuzzyCatPotato
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
So all of the diseases and health risks involved with homosexuality has nothing to do with life spans? You have to agree that homosexuality is a riskier lifestyle compared to a heterosexual lifestyle. For instance, only looking at National Research and data by the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homosexual men account for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases and 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer. There are many other FACTS like this from their National Research.

A heterosexual lifestyle is in no way riskier sexually or reduces life spans compared to homosexuality. You are basically saying that drugs have no affect on someones health or life span. Homosexuality and drugs are both risky lifestyles!

Your comment concerning the assumption on homosexuals minors with minors and not the facts of minors and adults.
Posted by YamaVonKarma 2 years ago
YamaVonKarma
@cwt002 you'll need to clarify which assumption. And I'll doubt anything about someone's sexual preference factoring into their lifespans. I'll argue the same for a 'straight' (sexuality is a spectrum) person having a shorter or longer life.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
@YamaVonKarma thanks for agreeing that the information was FACTS, a thing that is indisputably the case. Just because you do not agree with the FACTS provided does mean they are not true. What exactly makes the sources research not legitimate? Especially the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Aids Trust.

Also, just to clarify your uncle was homosexual, guessing from your comment? The source with the ages is the average meaning some live longer and others shorter. There could have been factors playing into your uncles life such as the amount of homosexual activity, if he was not that involved it may not have affected him that much.

Also, you made an assumption in your comment but there is not support, why?
Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
Gogert777
I just really don't like gays. Vote CON!
Posted by YamaVonKarma 2 years ago
YamaVonKarma
Most of your facts seem unbelievably biased, con. Yet I admire your ability to twist them. Quite skillful. While it is true most homosexuals have had sex with minors, it is because they were minors themselves at the time. Outside of the previous, they are simply pedophiles. And I doubt rapists can be considered homosexual. My uncle lived to around 80 and he served a very long stent in the navy... miles away from women. I support homosexuality but came into this biased of neither side. You made convincing arguments yet you have failed to meet the burden of proof for your case. And while you do have 'sources', I question their legitimacy on research.
Posted by YamaVonKarma 2 years ago
YamaVonKarma
Ha!
Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
Gogert777
I was going to tell you.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
I have to say, I am totally against homosexuality but I am pretty pissed at this debate. Con literally stole my entire work in debates putting it as his own (plagiarism) not mentioning my work. I would have been alright if he cited me or wanted to re word some of my sources but I feel this is unacceptable!

Need proof: here is the link to my work that was done before this debate.
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Con needs to learn how to research and support his arguments in his own words.
Vote Placed by ShadowKingStudios 2 years ago
ShadowKingStudios
Gogert777DilaraTied
Reasons for voting decision: I find homosexuality gross...I don't dislike or like homosexuality. I can tolerate it if it doesn't negatively impact me or anyone else. Contradictory is a terrible way to end a debate. It depicts a flip flop case against a premise. Con wins. However, if the debate was about which had the only beautiful profile pic, then Pro wins 6-0. (humor intended)
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
Gogert777DilaraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made some terrible arguments, but Pro just restated opinions, which was interpreted by me as terrible rhetoric, and a unfilled BOP.