Gay marriage is a sin

We all know that it is against God's will for two people of the same gender to get married, it says clear in the holy book the Bible that God wants people of different gender to get married and build a family. I personally do not understand why it should be legal for gay people since it is a sin just to be gay, they should be taught from a very young age that it is NOT okay to be gay or have gay preferences of any kind, children should know that they will end up in hell with eternal pain and suffering if they choose to go against God's will and wish. Gay marriage should be illegal.

ok I will be arguing this from a atheist's point of view. You're argument is god doesn't want it therefore it shouldn't be legal. For this round I will ignore the fact that god doesn't exist and talk as if he does. Well it also says in the bible. "Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons Eleazar and Ithamar, "Do not let your hair become unkempt and do not tear your clothes, or you will die and the LORD will be angry with the whole community. But your relatives, all the Israelites, may mourn for those the LORD has destroyed by fire." so if you tear you're clothes or have unkempt hair you should die and go to hell. Do you believe in that. The bible also says you have to wait 33 days after giving birth to a boy to go to church.

"After waiting thirty-three days, she will be purified from the bleeding of childbirth. During this time of purification, she must not touch anything that is set apart as holy. And she must not enter the sanctuary until her time of purification is over." Or if you give birth to a girl 66 days
If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

I could go on and on with the things thee bible says. Just to name 10 more things. the bible says.

-If you work on the Sabbath you should be stoned to death.(Exodus 31:14)
-Don't pick up grapes that have fallen of the vine. (leviticus 19:10)
-Mixing fabrics in clothing. (leviticus 19:19)
- Planting different seeds in the same field. (leviticus 19:19)
-Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (leviticus 19:23)
- Trimming your beard. (leviticus 19:27)
- Cutting your hair at the sides (leviticus 19:27)
- Getting tattoos. (leviticus 19:28)
- Cursing your father or mother. Which is punishable by death. (leviticus 20:9)
- Blasphemy. Again punishable my death. (leviticus 24:14)

The point of this is just because it's in the bible doesn't mean it's a good idea. Do you think all of these should be illegal. If you say yes your crazy. If you say no your cherry picking the bible. So you're taking the perfect word of god and cherry picking it.

As for saying they should be told it's bad and they will burn in hell. Well if your talking about parents teaching them that, it's allowed. I think that makes you a stupid parent but you're allowed to teach that. If you're saying the schools should teach that they can't because it violates the separation of church and state.

Also teaching kids that makes it more likely they will discriminate and bully LGBT people. Which has caused many problem including a high LGBT suicide rate. LGBT youth that go to school with a Gay straight alliance have a 16.7 attempted suicide rate and those who go to school without a GSA club have a 33.1 attempted suicide rate. LGBT people are also far more likely to say the don't feel safe at school at a rate of 22% versus 7% for everyone else and 90% of LGBT teens have been assaulted or harassed in the last year compared to 62% of non LGBT teens. So teaching kids being gays is wrong causes many problems.

Last point I will make is. Why is god the thing that created everything concerned with what humans do with there genitals. Watch Carl Sagan's cosmos and then ask why god who created all that cares what the semi- intelligent humans who live on a tiny little rock in the universe do with there genitals. To me this sounds more like a lie made up to control people.

I look forward to your response.

and of course the Holy bible

Yes I cherry pick the bible because that is how life is. I personally can't live by every rule in the bible because I don't want to. I choose what I want to believe in just like every other person. I don't think that gay marriage will become illegal but I still think it should because of my beliefs. I liked your arguments and I value your opinion but every person cherry pick what they choose to believe in, in their lifetime.

So you admit to cherry picking the prefect word of god. That's pretty funny. Look I don't have any arguments because
You didn't respond to mine. So I'll just add one more thing. Imagine same sex marriages where normal In this society and marriage between different genders was controversial like gay marriage is now. Imagine you meet a girl you really like you date for a year and you love her she's prefect for you and you want to spend the rest of you're life with her. You want to get married but you can't and you shunned by people who don't let you marry this women because of some random unproven belief they have and want to force on you. Would you like that? Or would you say. Hay I love this women and want to marry her and it's wrong for you to stop me because you disapprove of it. That's what's happening to same sex couples. How can you not support people marrying who they love?

Bunny_Butt forfeited this round.

Mariodude34500 forfeited this round.
Posted by Crookeandroe 1 year ago
The title of this debate is flawed. As far as I know, Abrahamic religions are the only ones that use the word sin. Each of those religions does not accept gay marriage and consider it a sin, so the title is not a debate point but a statement of fact.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
You should admit that god never gives you the freedom to follow the commandments you like and neglect the rest. Nor does god tell you that you can relax the penalties he has imposed for breaking them, which is death. So you either you follow the bible or you don't follow the bible. Or do you use it to promote hatred.
Abomination; a thing that causes disgust or hatred.
;a feeling of hatred.
;intense aversion or loathing.
Posted by Daniel_Nemes 1 year ago
Leviticus 18:22

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-28 ESV

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV

But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 ESV

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Mark 10:6-9 ESV

But from the beginning of creation, "God made them male and female." "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
Posted by footballchris561 1 year ago
Sin: transgression of divine law

In all technicality pro should win this as con could never prove that the prohibition of gay marriage is divine law. If pro was smart enough with the word play of this debate all pro had to do was assert that it is simply divine law and in the bible. No need to reinforce morals. However pro never did this only claiming that it is a sin without proof. Both forfeited so this debate deserves a tie.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
Christian often use the bible to justify there own hatred, by saying god said it is ok then it must be ok. Just look up the word "abomination". Religious belief is the main cause of homophobia which does more harm then homosexuality.
Posted by Royal-Sovereign 1 year ago
Pro got rekt
Posted by TheSymbiote 1 year ago
Pro just got owned