Burgergirl
xXCryptoXx

Gay marriage should be completly legal.

xXCryptoXx

Burgergirl

Pro

People obviously don't get it. Why in the **** is it any of other people's business? So what if it "Goes against your religion" Muslims aren't allowed to eat pork and you don't see them rioting trying to ban pork from America. Why do you think this happens? Because our entire country runs on negativity and complete and utter bull****. If its against what you believe does it mean you have to shove it down another completely innocent persons throat? Wait this is America I am talking to, of coarse we do. I wish I can move to some other place because I am embarrassed to be an American. Why? Because we are the most evil, and socaily backward people. So, why in the world would anyone start going off on gays because its their opionon? Gays didn't vote on YOUR marriage because they were gay, now what in the world gives you a right to do it to them? Gay is just another way of saying "I want to give the legal ties to my lover" and it should be regardless of weather they have a who who or ha ha.
xXCryptoXx

Con

Thank you for instigating this debate.

First off, not allowing gay couples to be married is not discrimination by any means. In order to say what discrimination is and what isn’t we must first analyze how marriage is defined and why.

Marriage is government regulated because the government recognizes that marriage has external benefits to it rather than marriage simply being about the relationship of a couple. The government also recognizes that these benefits marriage can bring when marriage is defined in a certain way can also be inherently good for the society.

The government has absolutely no interest in the personal lives of people, the only interest they have in marriage is the direct benefits marriage brings. Allowing gay marriage degrades the government’s interest in marriage only to the personal relationships of two people, but as explained earlier the government could care less about what people do with their private lives.

The government recognizes marriage between man and woman because despite the private relationship they have, their relationship still has a natural link to children to be loved by their mother and father. The government wants to promote these good family environments because these family units are good for the survival of a society.

After all, it’s a given fact that only a society that produces children and raises them properly will survive and the government wants to promote this.

The government promotes these relationships by dispensing benefits to married couples; this is not only a “thank you” for the couples who did get married, but it is also a way to get other heterosexual couples to get married.

Now that we’ve analyzed the government’s role in marriage we can understand that there is no discrimination against those who cannot fulfill the role in marriage that the government calls for.

In addition, homosexuals can still be married, just like heterosexuals, regardless of sexual orientation.

To say homosexuals are discriminated against would be nearly the same as saying any couple that is currently excluded from marriage is being discriminated against.

Now that we understand the government’s role in marriage we can understand that there is no unjust discrimination going against any couple who cannot be married.

I will await any contentions you have to these arguments.

You didn't exactly present any arguments, except that it's no one business so I can Go the f*ck away lol.

However, I did explain that marriage is in the society's long term interest for the good of it.

I await your response.

Burgergirl

Pro

Ha ha. Really? Its not discrimination? What is it then? Saying you cannot get married to the person you love because of your sexual orientation? That by definition is in-fact a discriminatory action.

You say that a traditional marriage will help the country? Maybe so, but why won't the same be done for homosexuals? Its like a traditional marriage, just with two different genders, how will hurt the way we live, or even make a difference? We are spending so much on debates about it, riots starting up, all kinds of things, everyone will be happy and there won't even BE riots after that, its completely all about pride.

Also another thing that I would love to bring up, if it doesn't hurt the economy or country in wales or England were is IS legal, why would it hurt or even affect the one here??
xXCryptoXx

Con

“Ha ha. Really? Its not discrimination? What is it then?”

…well I know it’s not discrimination. I don’t see that it really matters if it’s anything else.

“Saying you cannot get married to the person you love because of your sexual orientation? That by definition is in-fact a discriminatory action.”

Well you see, before we can say what is discriminatory and what isn’t, we must first look at the reason why the government regulates marriage. If a relationship does not fulfill the purpose of the government regulating marriage then there is no discrimination.

In different terms:

X recognizes Y because of B.

X Does not recognize any letter that does not fulfill Y.

Only B fulfills Y.

X justly excludes every other letter because no other letter is capable of fulfilling Y.

To say not allowing gay couples to marry is discrimination equates to saying that any relationship that is excluded from marriage is unjust discrimination, which is simply not true.

“You say that a traditional marriage will help the country? Maybe so, but why won't the same be done for homosexuals? Its like a traditional marriage, just with two different genders, how will hurt the way we live, or even make a difference?”

Like I said in my opening arguments, only heterosexual couples have an inherent connection to the family unit, which the government wants to promote.

The family unit is good for society, and the government wants to promote a healthy family unit.

The government does this by promoting marriage between heterosexual couples.

The government has (or should) have no interest in the private lives of people, but heterosexual couples’ relationships are public, because they have a direct link to children.

These children benefit society, therefore the government promotes the relationship that promotes society.

The government would not control marriage at all if they did not recognize that marriage when defined in a certain way can benefit society.

“if it doesn't hurt the economy or country in wales or England were is IS legal, why would it hurt or even affect the one here??”

The legalization of gay marriage isn’t something that’s just going to make a society collapse in a couple years. In fact, it is something that you can really only see the affects over a long period of time.

Through the logical, and sound arguments I have made you can conclude that the family unit will indeed be weakened through the allowance of gay marriage, but these affects will not be seen quickly.

Gay marriage though, does indeed affect the family unit, which the government has an interest in promoting for the good of society.

Back to you.

Burgergirl

Pro

Burgergirl forfeited this round.
xXCryptoXx

Con

Extend the arguments!
Burgergirl

Pro

Burgergirl forfeited this round.
xXCryptoXx

Con

Extend Arguments
Burgergirl

Pro

Burgergirl forfeited this round.
Posted by Ver 3 years ago
Ver
I'm for gay marriage and I would really like to hear your opinions on my debate.
Posted by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
I be sniping da newbs.
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
noob*
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
noop snipers be snipin'
Posted by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
WHHHHHHHHY DID I ACCEPT THIS DEBATE I AM SO TIRED OF DEBATING GAY MARRIAGE

Kill meh.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
BurgergirlxXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: By FFing, I guess pro doesn't really feel strongly in favor of their resoluton.
Vote Placed by jzonda415 3 years ago
jzonda415
BurgergirlxXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
BurgergirlxXCryptoXxTied