Tristboi22
78iamhere

Gay marriage should be illegal

78iamhere

Tristboi22

Con

The Bible does NOT say that gay marriage should be illegal and I would argue that it does not even call homosexuality a sin. What evidence do you have to support your position that it does?
78iamhere

Pro

True. Government can't stop people from making personal choices. But look at what the bible says, "18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22 KJV)" and, "20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13 KJV). In addition, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah is said to be about homosexuality. After all, Sodom is another word for sodomy, meaning homosexuality. Here's the verse, "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to you this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them". (Genesis 19"5). Notice the phrase, "we may know them." That word is used in the story of Adam and Eve to refer to love. Specifically sexual love. the verse is Genesis 4:1: And Adam KNEW his wife.
The reason homosexuality is a sin in the Bible is because the idea of a man and a woman coming together to produce children is human nature. Most people would agree it is natural to for a man and a woman to come together and have children. Look at all the animals. They do the same thing: Sexual Reproduction not Asexual Reproduction. Would the creator of the world want his creation to be forcibly changed against his will? Let human nature go about it's own ways but if a person wants to violate it themselves, it's their choice. I can't stop people from making bad choices.
As for gay marriage being legalized, I can't agree with it. Although I have a lot of libertarian leaning beliefs, the gay marriage is more about violating states rights than it is about protecting personal liberties. Although many libertarians support gay marriage, what most of them don't realize is that state laws on marriage is all about giving out a license for the purpose of taxes, property, and living laws. States do not regulate what people do in their own personal lives. It just determines tax laws and determines how it's given out.
No one has a civil right to a state license, just to make a personal choice in their personal lives. If a state wants to determine how it gives out it's state license, then let it. State license may make it legal, but spiritual love is beyond that. Thank you and I yield to my opponent .
Tristboi22

Con

Tristboi22 forfeited this round.
78iamhere

Pro

My debate partner and I have started another match. You can view the new one with the same title and debate. So, this is done. Thank you.
Tristboi22

Con

We forfeit
78iamhere

Pro

Actually, we agreed to star the debate over with the same name and same arguments. You can look that one up.
Tristboi22

Con

new dabate
78iamhere

Pro

Hope it goes well
78iamhere

Pro

Next debate.
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
Posted by Tristboi22 2 years ago
Tristboi22
I will just keep yielding and you will be the winner. I will post the same debate again in a second.
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
Okay, let me know where I can sign up for this round and lets enjoy. Thanks.
Posted by Tristboi22 2 years ago
Tristboi22
+78iamhere
Hey there! And thank you for accepting my challenge. I'm being completely honest about this; I never got an email telling me that you accepted the challenge... I would love to debate this topic with you in the fullness of 5 rounds. I am kinds new at this, so is there any way we can start from the beginning? I will keep checking this website in case I have a problem and I don't receive an email to notify me once again.
If not, I would not necessarily have a problem forfeiting the rounds to come and I will be the "loser". After spending a little time on this website and seeing WHO votes and the reasons they vote the way they do, I'm not so concerned about "winning". I noticed that on subjects such as this one, most people are not objectionable.
Anyway, let me know what you decide. Again, my apologies about my email... Hope to hear from ya soon and take care!!!
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
Tristboi22 I would love it if you send your argument soon. Thank you sir.
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
Thanks Kingcripple, but I was hoping to have a real gay marriage debate. I was looking froward to this.
Posted by kingcripple 2 years ago
kingcripple
As much as it sucks, 78, you'd get a forfeiture win. As my dad says about baseball, a win is a win
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
I hope my opponent sends his next argument soon. I don't want to debate alone.
Posted by trpeckham 2 years ago
trpeckham
It's not your place to choose something for other people. Thats called slavery.
Vote Placed by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
Tristboi2278iamhereTied
Vote Placed by kingcripple 2 years ago
kingcripple
Tristboi2278iamhereTied
Reasons for voting decision: fft