dman15
UUDDLRLRBA

Gay marriage should be legal

dman15

Pro

I think gay marriage should be legal because every body deserves to marry who they love.
round 1 acceptance
rounds 2-3 arguments/rebuttals ( new arguments allowed)
round 4 closing statement ( No new arguments)
UUDDLRLRBA

Con

I, UUDDLRLRBA, accept this debate, but I will state that I feel gay marriage should be legal regardless what I say.
But I, UUDDLRLRBA, will debate in the side that says gay marriage should be illegal in the following debate.
dman15

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate.
Gay marriage should definitely be legal because it is a fundamental right for every person to be able to marry who you love and be happy. In the constitution one of the main points was that every man was created equal and this should apply to gays and lesbians. Yes, gays and lesbians were created and born that way and its not a choice. It has been proven that you don't chose to be gay and there is nothing wrong with that.
I ask you this question, do you think that the statement all men are created equal don't apply to gays and lesbians?
UUDDLRLRBA

Con

What is marriage you may ask? Well, marriage is a religious and legal contract between people. But I, come down to the world religious. The Catholic bible is against gays, and 25% of Americans are Catholic. This problem began when the United States of America made marriage not only a religious thing, but intertwined with the law. In the defense that same sex marriage should be illegal, I say that making it legal would be like mocking the Catholic bible and over 25% of Americans.
dman15

Pro

My opponent said the catholic bible outlaws gay marriage but when has our country ever been based on what the bible said, never. Yes, I know we are 'one nation under god' but that is the belief in god not the bible. Also the separation of church and state outlaws churches from having any say in government
Note before my next argument: I respect the beliefs of the catholic church.
My opponent said if we legalize gay marriage it would be " mocking the catholic church" but the catholic church is already mocking it self by not following all of the laws. One of the anti-gay arguments is that it states in Leviticus that " man shall not ly with man" but it also states that you shouldn't get a tattoo, be a virgin at wedding and to observe the sabbath. My bet is that most catholics don't follow all laws in the bible.
Back when the bible was written people thought loving your own gender was a sin and a choice but now through further studies and better understanding of the brain e realize that it is natural and it isn't a sin and isn't wrong.
UUDDLRLRBA

Con

UUDDLRLRBA forfeited this round.
dman15

Pro

Wow thanks for that excellent response. Well I guess I will just do a conclusion any way.
Gay marriage should be legal because it is a fundamental right to be able be happy and marry whomever you want. Also as I previously stated that every man is created equal and this should apply to gays and lesbians because it is not a choice and you are created that way. Next in round three I stated that, yes the catholic bible outlaws gat marriage but sense when have we been a country based on the bible because of our separation of church and state.
Well thats it for me so vote for me in this debate
UUDDLRLRBA

Con

Sorry about not responding...

This country was built off of the Catholic Bible and it shall therefore not be made to mock it. Every man created equal? Back in the early 1800's that didn't include Black men as it doesn't include gay men now.
Posted by dman15 3 years ago
dman15
Fun debate.