Chrislove
chezbona

Gay marriage should be legal

chezbona

Chrislove

Pro

I believe gay marriage should be legal because everyone is human regardless of sexuality. The only argument people use is religion but Jesus taught love and acceptance not hate and discrimination. So if this is true that people hate gays because of religion, you are going against the words of Jesus Christ. If being gay was a choice why would someone choose to be hated and discriminated against. No one wants to be put down. Love is a beautiful and a powerful thing. Shouldn't we embrace it, not make is seem shameful and wrong? Also two people of the same sex getting married has no effect at all on heterosexual people. Many people use the argument it hurts the sanctity of marriage but why wouldn't divorce be wrong? It is proven that heterosexual relationships have a way higher divorce rate then homosexual relationships.
chezbona

Con

Thank you for the opportunity to argue on this motion
First of all, On religion basis. God created the first man and woman from the first man,
his intention was for the union of male and female.
My opponent stated that Jesus taught Love and acceptance which he clearly did. This shows that my opponent is religious so we can argue on religious basis.Resolved.
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with great distaste for reasons solely like the motion.
For God to wipe an entire race shows he wanted to make sure that their actions and legal behaviors were not nationally accepted. He wanted to put a stop it.
gay marriage should not be made legal for the following reasons
1.it denies a child either a father or mother. Thereby ignoring the child's best interest
2.marriage itself is a property that belongs only to heterosexual couples.so gays can be and live together,forever but never be legally married
3.it turns moral wrong into civil right
4.it offends God
5.marriage equality directly harms straight people
6.granting same-sex marriage makes it cease to exist, causing existential linguistic crisis.
7.same sex couples, seeking marriage wants to validate their "choice" so they don't deserve it.
looking forward to view my opponents arguement.
Chrislove

Pro

Where do I began, first of all it is better for a child to have 2 mothers or 2 fathers rather than none. Homosexual couple also don't give up there children into foster homes unlike some heterosexual couple. It is proven that a child will two parents of the same sex experiences way less physical and emotional abuse that the parents might put towards each other or there children. The biggest argument used against homosexual couples is religion, but the book of god also states sins that people just ignore such as it is a sin to shave. Leviticus 19:27 "Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard." The main focus is always on homosexuality being a sin. People focus only on the sins that are suitable for them. It also states in the bible that it is a sin to eat any animal with the hoof such as rabbits, pigs, ect. Leviticus 11:4 "Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hood: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you." Also it is know that no one knows who wrote Leviticus. Who are we to tell what god thinks on things. The being gay is a choice things makes me laugh. I chose to be gay when you chose to be straight.......Never. No one truly knows what god wants or what god feels. People can only use the argument that the bible states that homosexuality is wrong. No one has went through life and never committed a sin before. Please tell me how two people that love each other getting married effects heterosexual couples. Oh wait it don't. People are just so stupid sometimes and it makes me feel bad for them because we live in a world where people are gay and straight people think they get to chose our destiny's. If you haven't physically talked to god and seen them and heard them talk back, don't go telling me that god said its wrong because god didn't, people did.
chezbona

Con

chezbona forfeited this round.
Chrislove

Pro

Chrislove forfeited this round.
chezbona

Con

First of all, give God a little respect by writing a capital "G"
Ofcourse, I haven't physically talked to God and seen Him and heard HIm talk back like my opponent said. But I live by the words inspired hy Him "The Bible."
Since my opponent quoted the bible, that means he agrees out debate can be on religious basis.Thank you.
We do not neccesarily have to talk to God to know His wants and feelings, that is why the He inspired people to write His words and feelings. My opponent named it "The book of God.""
It is quite obvious that my opponent has not been able to refute any of my points because what guarantee does he have that homosexual couples do not give up their children into foster homes like ""some"" heterosexual couples. Clearly my opponent stated "it is proved.""
What or who actually proved. Do you mean the movie "The Fosters" or what?
My opponent posed a question on how couples of the same sex that love eachother affects heterosexual couples.
The real question then should be," is gay marriage good for the nation and for children." We already know that divorce and single parents raising children are not good (though not technically bad either and each case varies) for either. With no parents to guide children we have seen crime rates rise, suicide rise, confusion of identity arise, the decline of the public school system, increase cost in welfare, blended families where research has shown that abuse is higher.
When two dads or two moms split, who gets custody of the children?
If a pastor refuses to marry two gays, will he or she be accused of a hate crime and fired or placed in prison for following God's law not man's?
Making gay marriage legal also opens up legalizing multiple partner marriages... I.E. Three women, two men, one woman... Five men, etc.
Why stop at two? What makes a man and two women a bad thing and a man and a man a good thing?
Legally it will open up marriage to anyone who cares to form a union with anyone or anything else, so in this since, it does weaken the institution of marriage the same way divorce and multiple individual marriages weaken it. so gay marriage is a threat in that it threatens to weaken the laws protecting us as citizens and forcing us to accept that which we are told is not acceptable, making us choose between God and man and ultimately we must choose God, as unpopular as that may be with those who do not believe in God.
We lose sight of what's wrong and right

It seems to be a timeline of allowing what people want, without putting limits.
What's next? Bestiality? Polygamy? Child marriage? Underage sex? Allowing nudists to walk in public nude? All these things don't "affect" directly other people, but they destroy social norms.
I look forward to my opponents argument.
Chrislove

Pro

I love how they ignore the ridiculous sins that the bible states that I brought up. Also your thinking of the religions of Mormons. This proves your uneducated and stupid. No gay person said I want more than one partner. Comparing same sex relationships to anything but a same sex relation ship is stupid because we are not marring animals nor do we want to. Come on people grow up and realize that no matter what your opinion on this is I am still going to get married if I find a man I love regardless if we both are male. Its a sin to argue so it looks like your sinning right now. If your going to use the bible, know what and everything your taking about. I have many friends and even relatives that go to church and love god, but still say that god loves all regardless of sexual orientation. Also my opponent ignored the I chose to be gay when they chose to be straight because they know I have them there. I love how educated my opponent is. My opponent leaves out things because they cant defend them.
chezbona

Con

First you say I'm uneducated and then you reverse.
No problem, it's a debate I better advance and not take it personal.
Cross examining you're the pro so you stress the points and I rebut. But you've only tried to make scenarios, show evidence which don't even link to the motion.
so lets get something straight,
you haven't refuted any of my points pointing out that you know I am right.
I am not arguing against gay relationship neither do I hate them. My argument is based on gay marriage which I firmly stand against.
I don't agree with your fact cause there's no guarantee that no gay says I want two partners.
Don't wives and husbands cheat.
Your scriptures don't link to the motion besides the fact that you choose to be gay and I choose to be straight makes no sense because it is your life. God didn't create humans and said "do only good"
No, we have a choice to choose to do what is good or wrong, live our life the way we wish so that makes no sense.
Gays can stay together but not married because marriage was instituted for heterosexual couples.
of course God loves all regardless of sexual disorientation, whether you are a thief or a pastor, His Love remains the same for each new day.
But how does that link to the motion.
My opponent just makes assumptions without proper analysis and evidence.
clearly stated " gay marriage should never be legalized because they are not in the best interests of children, they destroy social norms and threatens to weaken the law protecting us as citizens."
Period.
Chrislove

Pro

Well it has been proven by many university's that people are in fact born gay, as people can be born straight, bisexual, asexual, and so on. Two people of the same sex has no effect on people like you at all. It doesn't hurt children or anyone else. Let's look at couples such a Neil and David who have children who are loved and treated amazing and are happy. On the thing with the gays want more than one partner, again it's male mormans that have the 7 wives. None of your arguments are valid, there just opinions. I believe that gay marriage should be legal because people should be able to express there love and tie a bound of love together. We don't make you marriage illegal so stay off ours. I know you'll be like my marriage is right and the normal but in reality how do we even know this. Adam and Eve where never married nor have sexual relations. I can tell you just use stuff people always say and it's really easy to quote the bible even when you don't know about it. I love how you still ignore the crazy sins the bible states because you know they are crazy. Grow up and take a look at the world. You would be upset too if your marriage was illegal. Get your facts straight and learn marriage is between love and love not gender.
chezbona

Con

I sometimes try to ignore some of the things you say like "grow up"
But we won't argue about that.
I repeat "gay couples can be perfectly together without marriage."
I clearly didn't state that gay people want multiple partners, I only asked my opponent to show evidence that they don't.
she just stated It as if it was nationally accepted.
I would start by defining marriage since my opponent failed to do so, implying that my opponent accepts whatever definition anyone including myself can offer.
Marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.
my opponent wants to know how gay marriage affects children, well let me enlighten you.
Studies find that homosexually parented children are more likely to experiment sexually, experience sexual confusion, and engage in homosexual and bisexual behavior themselves. And for those children who later engage in non-heterosexual behavior, extensive research reveals they are more likely to suffer from psychiatric disorders, abuse alcohol and drugs, attempt suicide, experience domestic violence and sexual assault, and are at increased risk for chronic diseases, AIDS, and shortened life spans.

Same-sex marriage no doubt will increase sexual confusion and sexual experimentation by young people.
I'm going to state my arguments once again
Argument #1: That same-sex marriage would destroy the institution of marriage.
Argument #2: That if same-sex marriage is legalized, polygamy will follow.
Argument #3: That same-sex marriage would make heterosexual divorces too easy.
Argument #4: That same-sex marriage would require schools to teach tolerance.
And a few more I have listed in the first debate.
Posted by AMRocks123 1 year ago
AMRocks123
God is real!
Posted by Finalfan 1 year ago
Finalfan
what a crapfest.! Thanks to con for bombing this debate!
Posted by dtaylor971 1 year ago
dtaylor971
Most of the reasons of con were copied from this link:

http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
Posted by bbulz 1 year ago
bbulz
god doesn't exist so stop mentioning it
Posted by Dill777 1 year ago
Dill777
I would rebuke but I am not for the discrimination against gays, I am against any governmental involvement in marriage, period.
Vote Placed by HailedPanic913 1 year ago
HailedPanic913
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had an easily more convincing argument and a better conduct some things were kinda off about this debate but other than that . That's it
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 1 year ago
Leo.Messi
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Many Ad Hominems from pro... "This proves your uneducated and stupid."-PRO PROs arguments where straw man arguments. Con argued well and did not respond in an unkind way.
Vote Placed by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con, as Pro insulted Con many times. Con made the better arguments as well, his strongest being that legalising gay marriage sets the precedent for polygamous marriages. Pro misunderstands this argument completely and, ironically, then goes on to call Con uneducated. Pro's argument was also littered with 'appeal to emotion' logical fallacies.
Vote Placed by Chucknorris5799 1 year ago
Chucknorris5799
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con on spelling and grammar and conduct. The Christian God is spelt with a capital g. Pro also called con uneducated based on the assumption that all religious people must be dumb. I find that notion to be highly offensive.
Vote Placed by Overkill 1 year ago
Overkill
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither party stuck to conduct or made structured arguments. However, Pro provided far more convincing reasoning.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
ChrislovechezbonaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con stupid, so conduct to Con.