wolfassasin347
cwt002

Gay marriage should be legalised.

cwt002

wolfassasin347

Pro

The first round is acceptance.
the second round is opening
the third is details
and the last is conclusion.
I will not tolerate any disregard for Homosexuals feeling or any other sort of abuse towards homosexuality. This argument is only to put across opinions that will not be taken offensively.
Good Luck
cwt002

Con

I accept the challenge on the side that gay marriage should not be legalized. I will provide support on the basis: consequences of gay marriage, children that may be eventually adopted and more.

Thanks for the debate.
wolfassasin347

Pro

Thank you for this debate.
I would like to first point out that I do not see the consequences of Gay marriage. It can't affect mine or your freedom, we can still marry and carry on our normal lives. It is like a straight couple getting married that you don't know they don't affect your life in anyway. I know there is a religious point of view to this argument, But in the Christian bible doesn't it say "love thy neighbour" so why does it matter if they are gay or not you should love them no matter what. and the world has changed so much over time that shouldn't we accept that the old ways of thinking, may not be right and are outdated. People used to think that black people were stupid and should not be allowed, but the world changed and people did disagree with it at the time but now black people have freedom. This could be the same thing happening now but with gay marriage, so why can't we accept this change and move on. What things are there that are proof that Gay marriage is wrong and may hurt people.
cwt002

Con

My point is against homosexual marriage but more specifically homosexuality as a whole. I find that these are technically one in the same argument. Also, I would like to point out that homosexual marriage may not affect my freedom but it does affect me and others greatly.

Probably my top two points is that homosexuality affects society and children. Let me start by a brief history lesson. In 1990, two homosexual men, Wayne Tardiff and Allen Yoder, were the first homosexual adoptive parents in the state of New Jersey. Tardiff died in 1992 and Yoder a few months later, both in their mid-forties. They left a five year old orphaned without parents. Their life style led to a shorter life span and now society has to care for another orphan in the foster system.

Homosexuality and marriage affects society
Research in Singapore found that the heterosexual community is at least 20 times larger in numbers than the gay community, in 2011. However, Singapore"s health ministry reveals that the number of homosexual and bisexual men diagnosed with HIV, overtakes that of heterosexual men. (National University Hospital)

Research focused on countries with a long history of gay marriage (Denmark and Norway) showed that married gays and lesbians have a shorter lifespan than their conventionally married counterparts " by 24 years. (Life Site News)

Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases, 60% of all syphilis cases, and 17% of all hospital admissions (other than for STDs) in the United States (1). They make up only 1-2% of the population

78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs (2)

It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us(3)

The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75 (4)

The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 24% live past age 65) (4).

The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79 (4)

Homosexual Marriage negatively affects their children.
A study on childhood and adolescent molestation also found rates of homosexual sexual abuse reported by homosexual adults to be almost 7 times higher for homosexual men, and 22 times higher for homosexual women, compared to their heterosexual counterparts. (US National Library of Medicine)

Latest research shows that children raised by homosexual parents experience more problems than children raised by married heterosexual parents.

This will cause a sexual confusion among children which leads to teen sex or engaging in homosexual behavior themselves.

33% of homosexuals ADMIT to minor/adult sex (5)

Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the United States, which, assuming homosexuals make up 2% of the population, means that 1 in 20 homosexuals is a child molester, while 1 in 490 heterosexuals is a child molester (6)

73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years of age (7)

It will be forced in education

Affect the freedom of religion
Force churches or other religious places that oppose gay marriage to perform weddings.

Homosexual Marriage will opens a door for other marriages.
An example would be like polygamy or other worse things. This is because the language used by homosexuals and supporters are you should marry who you love. Then people could pervert this statement further to what"" Where and when will this stop if the door is opened?

Rebuttal:

There is a major difference between African Americans and homosexuals and their marriage. One point is that being homosexuality is a choice that is made. African Americans were discriminated against due to the race they were born with. Therefore, I have to say that this point has no foundation. I have support from Dr. John Tay, a clinical geneticist and former Head of the Division of Human Genetics in NUS (one of the top universities in the world), stated that "The effects of genes on behavior are very indirect because genes make proteins, not preferences. The scientific truth is that our genes do not force us into anything. Genes are responsible for an indirect influence, but on average, they do not force people into homosexuality. The startling conclusion is that genetic factors are much less important than environmental ones in the causation of homosexuals. On this basis, the claim by homosexuals that "I am born that way, so I cannot change" is simply not true."

You state that, "In the Christian bible doesn't it say "love thy neighbor" so why does it matter if they are gay or not you should love them no matter what." I would like to say, you cannot take a single verse in the Bible, out of context, and attempt to apply it to situations. There are ample verses that discuss the sin of homosexuality in both the Old and New Testament.

Romans 1:24-27, Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:27, Jude 1:7, Genesis 1:28, Romans 12:2. I can provide more if needed

True Christians hate the sin that is being performed but love the individual despite of that sin. I could also say that, as a Christian, I am more for those people who choose to be homosexual by being against it than others who are in full blind support. Let me explain, I care so much to be willing to say that their lifestyle leads to destruction. Homosexuality leads to shorter life span, increase chances for diseases.....(mentioned earlier) If a person is a drug addict, this is their lifestyle of drugs. If you are their true friend you want them to stop pursuing things that are harmful to themselves. Why? There is a greater chance of early death, outside consequences affecting others, increase chances for other health risks or diseases. My proof is that Studies have shown that years of smoking shortens the lifespan of the smoker from 1 to 7 years and remember homosexual behavior shortens life span by 24 years (life site news). This means that it is safer to smoke than to be a homosexual. Therefore, by not encouraging homosexuals and homosexual marriage I am looking after the individual or "loving my neighbor".

You are advocating for the right of a lifestyle but I am advocating for religious rights, the protection of children, and a healthy/longer life span of people who choose to be involved in homosexuality by being against it.

Other Sources:
1. Changes in Sexual Behavior and Incidence of Gonorrhea. Lancet, April 25, 1987
2. Rueda, E. "The Homosexual Network." Old Greenwich, Conn., the Devin Adair Company, 1982, p. 53
3. Kaifetz, J. "Homosexual Rights Are Concern for Some," Post-Tribune, 18 December 1992
4. Fields, Dr. E. "Is Homosexual Activity Normal?" Marietta, GA
5. Family Research Institute, Lincoln, NE
6. Psychological Reports, 1986, 58, pp. 327-37
7. Jay and Young. The Gay Report. Summit Books, 1979, p. 275
wolfassasin347

Pro

wolfassasin347 forfeited this round.
cwt002

Con

My opponent obviously has no counter arguments or other arguments that were not addressed in my previous statements.
wolfassasin347

Pro

wolfassasin347 forfeited this round.
cwt002

Con

Well everyone, sorry this debate was not more eventful. But I guess my opponent has no arguments to present that I have not already addressed.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
I would be happen to have another debate and start where we left off!
Posted by wolfassasin347 2 years ago
wolfassasin347
sorry i did not debate my internet went down for a few days wish i could have had a proper debate :/
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Ya I am sad that there was no other argument posed by the pro I felt like it could have been interesting.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Looks like Con has won.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
sorry got carried away on the second round
Posted by Empiren 2 years ago
Empiren
Basically don't bring hate into the debate.
Posted by wolfassasin347 2 years ago
wolfassasin347
Anything Like "gays are the worst and should kill themselves" or "reasons gays shouldn't be allowed is because they deserve to die" and any point about this has to be explained so no "gays will affect our freedom." it need to be backed up.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
I may be interested in accepting the challenge, but before I do, I have a question. Can you give me an example of the type of attitude you won't accept?
Vote Placed by teddy2013 2 years ago
teddy2013
wolfassasin347cwt002Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con blended statistics along with religious based arguments to make a strong case against homosexual marriage and homosexuality in general.
Vote Placed by mendel 2 years ago
mendel
wolfassasin347cwt002Tied
Reasons for voting decision: That was a fantastic presentation thank you, i'll be saving this link.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
wolfassasin347cwt002Tied
Reasons for voting decision: A clean sweep for Con as a result of Pro's lack of participation. Conduct for the forfeits. What little S&G Pro provided was problematic. Con's the only one who sourced. As to arguments: There were some rather large problems with Con's arguments. However, Pro never actually responded to them, so they stand, thus Arguments to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.