Agnosticgirl
1970vu

Gay marriage should be legalized in all states.

1970vu

Agnosticgirl

Pro

I just want to know your exact views on homosexuality and gay marriage. Do you really think that some American citizens do not deserve the right to marry due to religious beliefs? Please accept! Thank you!
1970vu

Con

I think that gay marriage is wrong. However i also think the government should stay out of it for it is not specified in the US Constitution.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

Why do you find it wrong? I do not see anything wrong with two people who are American citizens who love each other very much. What is wrong with that? Being the United States, a country founded on freedom, shouldn't freedom be available for all people? Religion is the problem here. It always seems to find its way into politics even though it clearly has no place to be involved.
1970vu

Con

The United states constitution does not say anything about gay marriage. This is why I think it should be left up to the states,
Agnosticgirl

Pro

Agnosticgirl forfeited this round.
1970vu

Con

I will wait again.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

Sorry about that. The way I see it is equality shouldn't be such a struggle to reach! I mean, we've struggled with it so much in the past, so we should leave religion out of it and allow marriage for all.
1970vu

Con

Gay marriage is a state issue. If we let the federal government have a say, it totally undermines the meaning of liberty.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

But equality is equality......
1970vu

Con

The right of marriage is not given in the United States Constitution. So I think Our founding fathers wanted to leave it to the states to decide. If we let the federal government take control, Then liberty is lost. We offend those Christians and we turn America into a communist state. In the Constitution, the federal government was given several duties. It does not however include marriage.
Posted by ChristianPunk 3 years ago
ChristianPunk
If your going off the constitution, the constitution didn't define what marriage was. Republicans wanted to put that in by adding that, since they thought they were right.

The Bible itself doesn't define what marriage strictly is and I can debate that with you if you want.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
The Right of Marriage isn't in the Constitution. And a right can not exist just on the 9th Amendment alone, it must have a base elsewhere in the Constitution for the 9th Amendment to work... The 9th Amendment is only an invitation to rights with a base in other Amendment that don't specific include them, and may not be, itself, a base for new rights (United States v. Vital Health Products, 786 F. Supp. 761 [E.D. Wis. 1992])
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Agnosticgirl1970vuTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Pro, but Con had arguments and didn't forfeit