radicaalllll
thelogicalchristian

Gay marriage should be legalized in all states

thelogicalchristian

radicaalllll

Pro

I believe that same sex marriages are the same at heterosexual marriages. To me marriage is between 2 people who love each other, and they would favor in sharing their love for the rest of their lives.

As we live in a modern day society, people are now re-defining the meaning of marriage and is starting to suppose gay rights, and that's great! But there is still a percentage of people who believe it's wrong.

Gay marriage can be a positive thing prior to our financial system. If gay marriage is legalized, in the city of New York, $142 million will be added to the city's economy and $184 million in the states economy.

States that legalize gay marriage, such as Massachusetts have such a low divorce rate! It's divorce rate has decreased 21% between the years of 2003-2008. Versus states that ban gay rights had an increase of divorces about 17%. So I can also benefit couples prior to divorces.

Legalizing gay marriages can be a positive thing for kids in foster homes. 100,000 children in America are still waiting to be adopted, and with these gay couples, they can provide a home for these children.

And last but not least, gay marriage is a civil right of the American people. We have the right to chose who we want to marry. People can't control whether they are gay or not. It is not a choice, and these people are born with it. Just like a person is born black, or white, or with freckles. They can't change it, and they should not have their rights taken away based on religious views.
thelogicalchristian

Con

Gay marriage is disgusting against God and the most vile thing i can imagine. I will remind you that two men cannot have babies it is unnatrual for two men to engage in a sexual rwelationship. Also homosexuals are not born that way, they choose to be attracted to other men. i ghave seen a gay couple who raised a child and guess what, the child became gay because of the influence of his faggot fathers. And because males can choose to be gay, they are choosnig to oppose God's will, and therefore they are choosing to burn for eternity in hell. Im telling you being gay is becoming a trend among young boys. As soon as you kinow everyone in this country will be homosexual and this great nation will die off. It is better to have sex with your daughters rather than being gay, and the bible say this so because lot had sex with his daughters and he was a good an d righteous man as seen in the bible Genesis 19:33 "the firstborn went in, and lay with her father.". I am infuriated by your ignorance and sympathy towards gay people.
radicaalllll

Pro

Wow! Haha where do I start with this one?!

Well first off let me remind you of a couple other things that are against "God" people seem to forget about:

-Shaving
-Tattoos
-Eating Pork
-Working on Sundays
-Obesity
-Sex out of marriage
-Lying
-Cutting your hair
-Masturbation
-Wearing clothing from 2 different fabrics
- Judging people (which is ironic because that's what Con is doing now so basically you're going against "God" right now as you sit in front of your computer hating on gays)

So before you say "Gay marriage is against God!" don't forget, everyone does something that goes against "God", and most people don't even realize it.

Con states that having sexual relations with your daughters is better than being gay. Which I find absolutely vile. First of all, no. Being gay is not some fashion trend, it's not something you buy at store, it's not something you wake up and say "I think I'm going to be a homosexual today!" it's not like that. Being gay is just like being straight. A straight man is only attracted to women and he does not wish to date, marry, or love another man. A straight woman is only attracted to men and she does not wish to date, marry, or love another woman. A gay man is only attracted to men, and he does NOT wish to date, marry, or love a woman. Because that is not what the man is physically and mentally into. It's not a birth defect, they are not mentally challenged. Their sexual and mental attraction to men is not something they chose to do, for it is an inborn trait in men and women.

Con also believes that a gay couples child can result into being a homosexual too and that they are influenced by their "faggot" fathers. Well let's take a look here.

Anyone can be gay. Whether they were raised by a mom and dad, a dad and dad, or a mom and a mom. Anyone is capable of who they love -- regardless of who they were raised by. Don't you think it could just be a coincidence that, that adopted child can be born gay? Just like all gays? THEY'RE BORN WITH IT. Plus, there are many children who were raised by gays and are heterosexuals.

Con claims that soon everyone will become gay and that the American population will die off. Once again, this is not a fashion trend everyone is picking up, it is by far something someone is born with.

You also state that sexual relations between gays are unnatural. Humans are born with sexual desire so therefore sex with a man or a woman seems natural to me.

Con says that gays will go to hell, well we don't 100% know if there even is a hell, so that was a pretty weak statement.

Please, I'll tell you this again that using a religion as an excuse to express this kind of hatred towards someone is unhealthy and is unfair to people who are not religious, and to the gays who wish for their rights.
thelogicalchristian

Con

I am able to counter all of your points easily.
1. Masturbation and adultery are only sins if commited by women, because men have natural instincts to have sexual pleasure the means from which he gets them does not matter.
any man is doing no wrong by going to a prostitute or fapping to porn. I have seen my pastor at our local strip club, walking out of the room with some of the dancers. If my pastor does it , it is not wrong, for he was appointed by God to set a moral example. It is primeordeal for men and women to be straight because God made them to be straight. I also have to include that Christians can eat pork. Only those rich Jews are missing out on such a delicacy. Are you saying that Christians are not allowed to have tattoos either? You are so ignorant. I have a tattoo of a woman on my bicep and you know who gave me the free will to do it? GOD! Its not only because he allows me to, but its also encouraged by him as it does not go against his Word!

"So before you say "Gay marriage is against God!" don't forget, everyone does something that goes against "God", and most people don't even realize it."

Yes, everybody I agree is a sinner, but at least they are not gay! Being gay is being a sinner times 10!

"Being gay is not some fashion trend, it's not something you buy at store, it's not something you wake up and say "I think I'm going to be a homosexual today!" it's not like that."

Well of course it's not, only bigotted fools would think that! Its not a fashion trend, it just a trend between people and their relationships. What does fashion have to do with this? Speaking of which, all fashion designers are gay!

"Con says that gays will go to hell, well we don't 100% know if there even is a hell, so that was a pretty weak statement."

Are you not saying that you don't believe in God and his arch nemesis?!?! You are condemning yourself to go to hell! The Bible as you can see is very true and because of that, Hell is real!! The Bible is one of the oldest sources of history! Do you say that your history textbooks are lieing? No! That is because its facts, and thats what the Bible consists of, facts! Did you know that Leonardo Di Vinci was a homosexual as well and he was part of the Illuminati? This displays an immoral lifestyle chosen by himself! If he allowed God into his life, he would lead a life of cleanliness and purity!

"Please, I'll tell you this again that using a religion as an excuse to express this kind of hatred towards someone is unhealthy and is unfair to people who are not religious, and to the gays who wish for their rights."

Yes it is! Religion is what shapes all of my beliefs that makes me a moral person and to say these arguments in the first place! It is a deontoological ethic that is vital to life! It is a big justification and truth that is self evident in everyone reading this debate.

Once more, I must stress my point, gay marriage is vile, disgusting, immoral, and goes against the will of God! These people are clearly not allowing God into their lives!
Posted by PlainTruth 2 years ago
PlainTruth
Should we then also legalize bestiality and other non-reproducing sexual disorders? And don't tell me this has nothing to do with banging an animal because it most certainly does! Both are an affront to procreation and an abomination to our Creator!
Posted by vekoma123 2 years ago
vekoma123
So if you don't care, why are you mentioning the 'unfairness' of it?

What.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
Vekoma123, did I say I'm taking it seriously? No, and I'm not. No one is winning money here so I honestly don't care. I just said it was unfair, I'm not gonna throw a tantrum and cry in the corner.

~Chill Dude~
Posted by vekoma123 2 years ago
vekoma123
Well, I cannot speak for the voter, but maybe they agreed with them after review. Yes, it was a rather homo.....hatred stance, but it's his vote and his voice.

There's no use in complaining about it being 'not fair' because that's life. Whatever the intentions are or what the intentions were, you shouldn't take it so seriously.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
I feel that I should do this debate again, based on the lack of votes. I just feel it's not fair that just 1 person voted and that one person happens to vote for the homophobic guy..
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
HyugaNeji45 yeah it's messed up, before I was winning but I guess that person took their vote away or something. But I guess not enough people saw the debate.
Posted by HyugaNeji45 2 years ago
HyugaNeji45
Come to think of it, let me change something from that last comment. Con is not homophobic, because I doubt that he's actually afraid of homosexuals; I think he's just a close-minded fool who's living in the past. Learn some tolerance, kids.
Posted by HyugaNeji45 2 years ago
HyugaNeji45
If I had seen this debate sooner, I would've voted all in favor of Pro. Con offered no logical or factual basis for his arguments, nor did he remain respectful during his argument. I can not believe that someone would vote all in favor of that disgusting, homophobic bigot. They're probably not that much smarter than Con, anyway, and that's saying something.
Posted by vekoma123 2 years ago
vekoma123
Or you could not be so upset about the fact that this is a community that has the right to vote how they want. It's not fair to you? Wow, you must be so oppressed by our predominantly male community that thinks critically and doesn't take things to heart.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
And why isn't anyone voting? Come on people! I'm losing because 1 person voted for him and 1 other person gave me other 3 points. It's not fair.
Vote Placed by NickLawrence 2 years ago
NickLawrence
radicaalllllthelogicalchristianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con done a great job and deserves to win this debate.