Maryam_mosawy
Leaning

Gay marriage should not be legalised or encouraged to society

Maryam_mosawy has forfeited round #4.

Maryam_mosawy

Pro

I am strongly against gay marriage and the LGBT, not just because of religious reasons.
I would like to save my arguments for the next round.
Leaning

Con

I don't really care about marriage right this second. But might be fun to debate.
Maryam_mosawy

Pro

Gay marriage should not be legalised or encouraged society.
I'm going to post my arguments from the previous debate because my previous debate didn't go very well.

Marriage is a privilege, not a right. And if you don't wanna look at it in a religious point of view, that's how mother nature is; marriage can only be made between a man and a woman, and all these people are doing is disrupting the nature with their sick mentalities. If you're saying that a " civilized society does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, sex or sexuality and denial of marriage rights is clear discrimination", then what about polygamy? Why does the society allow gay marriage but not polygamy or poloygyny? A civilized society doesn't encourage immoral values.
It does bring harm to the society and it will. Do you think it's fair for the younger generations, who will neither have a mother nor a father? Girls who are raised apart from their fathers will more likely be involved with early sexual activity. Children without a mother are deprived of their security and unique advice. That's why two parents from different genders is very important. A 2012 study was made in Texas, found that children who have been raised in a same sex relationship faced more difficulties in life, such as sexual abuse and unemployment later in life. It could even lead to a child being bullied and humiliated in school. Evidence also suggests that children who are raised by homosexuals are more likely to experience gender and sexual disorders. They even showed a gay couple on a kids' program, how disturbing is that?

Now that gay marriage has been legalized in some countries like America and Australia, it advances the homosexuality agenda and unfairly paints opponents as bigots. How are further generations going to know the difference between friendship and love if they're just gonna keep looking at gay couples everywhere. And because of it's legalization, the number of gays and lesbians will increase and the traditional way of marriage will be destroyed.
Like common sense its wrong anyways, you can't have sex with the same gender; your genitals don't work like that. And even if you adopt children, as I mentioned before it'll be unfair for the child.
Leaning

Con

Arguments for gat marriage being legalized and encouraged in those who wish to follow such a path.

No religion, culture, state, or any society can lay a claim to marriage. If people truly felt such outrage and certainty on the correctness of their version of marriage. Then they could hardly allow ANY other form of marriage other than theirs. No ceremony, deity, or rights of other marriages would be acceptable. But that is not reality.(In all places)
If one were to force a (example)Catholic priest to marry a couple in the bonds of his religion against his will, this could not be encouraged. However this is not the case, rather religions and people change over time along with the values of their society some people now feel it is acceptable to their religion or customs or that it should be accepting of others not of their customs.

One cannot claim that because the couple are unable to physically have children together that they cannot be married. There are straight couples who whether do to accident or condition are unable to have children, yet no one would doubt there marriage. There are as well couples who choose to never have children.

If one looks to past history, it seems hard to argue that marriage has the same exact form that is still holy and correct to the sensibilities of a modern person. You cannot argue that marriage has the exact form it did thousands of years ago, when woman were treated more as property of their husband (Albeit one that should be treated with respect), still property and without rights.

People today have a right to long lasting commitments made with other people, that offers them security, acceptance, or like minded love with another person.

Values change over time. The values of homosexuality and marriage and how people view them seems to be changing again as it has changed in previous time in other forms.

Going to stop here so I don't talk too much. Tried to make my own arguments without leaning on yours yet. Do that next round.
Maryam_mosawy

Pro

Look,
Gay and lesbians should be treated equally after all, they're humans like us, but legalizing it shouldn't be allowed. A civilized society doesn't encourage immorality and gay marriage is generally immoral, but many people are too blind to see that unfortunately..
Marriage between a man and a woman doesn't mean that women are treated more as property, that was thousands of years ago, yes it's an issue that is still happening today, but it depends on their relationship, you can't just assume that ALL heterosexual couples don't treat eachother equally, and even gay couples may not treat eachother equally aswell even if they are the same gender.
People need to know the effect it has on younger and further generations; it just seems that people don't even care about them; they're not thinking about the future and what impact it could have.
Leaning

Con

Some countries allow polygamy. Some parts of Utah want to allow polygamy. Perhaps you could call those countries where it is allowed uncivilized, but you might have a hard time convincing them all of that.

Perhaps same sex couples and the children they raise are experiencing harder lives thus far in society.
This does not signify to me that it is a trend that will continue for all time. It can be argued that it is still early on time wise before you can make that judgment.
Further back in history if there was a biracial couple and they had children, you could point at statistics that show them having a harder time adjusting compared to other kids. I feel rather certain that time has changed much since then, it seems likely to me that it will change for gay marriage as well.

There are other forms of sexual intercourse other than for reproduction.

Common sense kind of depends on how common the sense is a the time. Once it was common sense

My way of thinking is that morality comes about from society and what they all say is morality. It seems likely that if you went back every fifty years in America and took some of the baseline people living there back to our current day, that many of them would find the current America morality to match their own.

I don't think I've quite heard yet from you what you find immoral about same sex marriage.
Posted by Maryam_mosawy 6 months ago
Maryam_mosawy
missmedic

I know that gay people are human, and deserve to be treated equally, but legalizing it is a big no no... it is generally immoral; it has opened a door for more gay people which isn't gonna benefit the society in any way other than bring trouble to younger generations .What about the other points I've listed about kids and further generations... it seems like you people don't even care about the further generations and young children who will face problems because of their parents who could be gay; now that they've legalized it who knows they'll most likely even teach it at schools.
Posted by John_C_1812 6 months ago
John_C_1812
The issue is Gay Marriage can not be proclaimed by law as legal using discrimination. The crime occurred at a obscure location, on the obstruction of witness level which was totally alienated by Constitutional law from in general marriage.

Constitutional order by principle: Marriage, Civil union, Binivir, UnosMulier, and VirMulier.
Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
You need to know that gay people, are people, and all people should have and share the same rights. Your suggesting that we take away certain peoples rights because they makes you feel yucky.

"And because of it's legalization, the number of gays and lesbians will increase and the traditional way of marriage will be destroyed." This statement alone shows the limit of your understanding on the subject. You think legislation can increase the number of gay people.
Here are two question that homophobes can not answered.
Why do you care about an other person's sexuality?
Gay people just want to be loved and excepted like everyone else, what is wrong with you that you don't want that for them too.