Lsumichiganfan
mfigurski80

Gay marriage should stay legal in all 50 states

Lsumichiganfan

Lsumichiganfan

Pro

Hello welcome to the debate! This is 1st round acceptance only! *Just to clarify* Con will be arguing that same-sex marriage should be illegal in all 50 states Con may use religious arguments if they so choose. Violation of these rules will result in automatic forfeiture. Good luck to you!
mfigurski80

Con

I thank my partner for creating this debate, and I accept.

RESOLUTION: "Gay marriage should stay legalized"

As requested, I will be arguing that "gay marriage should be illegalized in all 50 states".

Some basic rules to keep the debate friendly an prevent subversive tactics from either side.

RULES:
(1) No Trolling
(2) No Kritiks (challenging basic assumptions: Ex. "The government doesn't exist")
(3) No deconstructional and offensive statements in neither the comments nor the actual posts.
(4) No arguments may be presented in the final round.
(5) No changes to the debate's structure, definitions, or rules can be made without public consent from both debators.

Any offense will signify the forfeiture of the entire debate, unless a middleground is agreed upon by both debators (it probably will be)
(PS - to my partner - since this is pretty much your debate, feel free to edit the rules in the comments. I'll probably approve of everything.)

DEFINITIONS:
Gay - Homosexual
Stay - remain in a specified state or position
Legal - permitted by law

ALL DEFINITIONS INFLUENCED BY GOOGLE
*END OF SETUP*
Lsumichiganfan

Pro

Thank you for joining the debate remember 1st round is acceptance only it wasn't write down rules round. But the voters will decide if you broke the rules. Please keep your opening argument short at the max 3,500 characters. For the opening round. (I will post sources in comment section) Road map: Economic growth, Personal freedom, How does it affect you?, The Religious argument. Economic growth: According to the Huffington post same-sex marriage would help the economy grow one of the ways it would help it grow is by bringing in 20 million to 40 million more taxes! Also, catch this when New York legalized same-sex marriage they pulled in a whopping 259 million dollars by License fees and wedding related spending. And, the more weddings the more money for the government. And, over 60 companies signed a document supporting same-sex marriage because it would make it easier for them to hire people because gay marriage being illegal changes the job application dramatically. Personal Freedom, How does it affect you?, The religious argument. First lets take a look at this:

That is 60% of the US population now agrees with Same-sex marriage. People are realising this because everyone deserves to be equal the government doesn't have the right to reach in to someone's private life and tell them who they can marry this is a free country we have the right to make our own choices if we want to marry a person of the same sex we can marry a person of the same-sex. Lets look at something else Abortion religions are against it but it is the ethical thing to do to give woman their rights! The government doesn't have the right to tell a female "You have to give birth" and how are the religions affected? Are they performing the abortions? No. Religions have the right to their belief's I will say that but there is a clear separation of church and state. Gay marriages can be performed but churches won't be forced to perform them! A religion has the right to reject a marriage if they so choose. But that shouldn't affect someone's love and companionship for each other. A person has the right to personal liberty and freedom the government would take away those rights if gay marriage were illegal. That is my short opening argument I hope you keep yours short as well or else that would be a violation of rules. Good luck to you!
mfigurski80

Con

mfigurski80 forfeited this round.
Lsumichiganfan

Pro

Con has forfeited I hope this was just because of time he has next round to post his debate if he doesn't post next round I will post a argument.
mfigurski80

Con

mfigurski80 forfeited this round.
Lsumichiganfan

Pro

(Sigh) I was looking forward to a good debate Con can't post any new arguments since I can't rebut them. Vote Pro since I was the only one who put up a argument....
mfigurski80

Con

I concede this round as well.

I truly apoligize to all viewers for the forfeiture of the entire debate. I simply don't have any time on weekends, and this has forced me to another forfeiture. Because this isn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Anyway, would my partner accept a repeat of this same debate? I do want to argue this topic, and it seems that we both could improve on formatting and participation....

Thanks,
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
REMEMBER VOTERS I PUT SOURCES IN THE COMMENT SECTION! k?
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
I will think about it I do alot of gay marriage debates I will do a closed gay marriage debate next. I didn't concede the 4th round for your information.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Of course I'm on. But I can't just write "I concede", that wouldn't be my style.

Anyway, would you accept a repetition of this debate?
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
ARE YOU On?
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
You cant post any arguments
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
Just concede
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Just checking...
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
You can't just take it back because your losing.
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
No you said no to the tie earlier the tie is off the table
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Jeez, I'm so sorry. I actually wanted to debate this too, it's just that I don't decide my own schedule. And weekends are the worst time for anything to be due...

I really do apologize. Is that "tie" possibility still up?
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 1 year ago
birdlandmemories
Lsumichiganfanmfigurski80Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and con posted arguments with a picture as his source.