Tirzah
Smithereens

Gay marriage

Smithereens

Tirzah

Pro

Why are gays so bad? You said you're opposed to this subject because "it's bad enough having gays around". Those who are gay or lesbian are people just like you and me with feelings. They are part of society whether you like it or not. Love is love whether it's between two people of the opposite sex or two people of the same sex. It's not you in the relationship, so you don't have to deal with the decisions they make. Personally I am straight, but I find what you said offensive considering I do have gay friends. Truthfully they are no different then you and me except for their sexual orientation. If for some reason it disgusts you seeing them together look away, it's as simple as that. You have no right to hate on them for their choices of which do not affect you. I believe God made each and everyone of us perfectly in his eyes and if he chose for someone to be gay then that's his perfect vision of that person. God makes no mistakes. He also wishes for every single one of his children to be treated with kindness and equality. So next time you see a gay couple please reconsider judging them negatively, after all it's God's place to judge his children not yours.
Smithereens

Con

Introduction
___________________________________________________
Before I do anything on this debate, I would like Pro to know that all my opinions expressed on my profile are perfectly legitimate and in accordance with my freedom of expression. Any offense that I have caused is duly noted, but I will not be making changes to my opinion to suit yourself.

My case for round 1 will be addressing the post by my oponent in the first round. Since she claims to be religious, my opening arguments will deal with religious matters concerning gay marriage. In the second round I will post secular arguments.

Non-secular case
My rebuttals and arguments are melded together due to the small character limit.

Does love excuse gay marriage?
I will address this point in my next round, but for now, I'll use this example:
If someone wants something, does that make it ok? No, if that person wants something that causes harm to someone other than themselves, it is not ok. Next round I will demonstrate why gay marriage will soon be able to be labbelled a crime against humanity. I bet you have never seen the argument before.

Christians cannot support gay marriage:

I ask my opponent to justify her belief in light of the following scriptures:

“For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.”
—Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor theives, nor covertous, nor drunkerds, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
—1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

“Knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,”
—1 Timothy 1:9-10 (NKJV)

The bible clearly prohibits gay marriage. You cannot be a christian while saying that the bible is wrong. I would like to note a quote from my opponent: "I believe God made each and everyone of us perfectly in his eyes and if he chose for someone to be gay then that's his perfect vision of that person." This statement is flawed. It presupposes that there is no such thing as the ability to do something wrong. There is, and God made us in His image with the ability to distinguish between that which is morrally right and wrong. This is not an excuse to justify a christian supporting gay marriage.

Next round I will present the next half of my case: The secular argument against gay marriage.

Tirzah

Pro

Tirzah forfeited this round.
Smithereens

Con

Well, I don't see the point of continuing this debate, I hate it when people forfeit after you put effort into a debate, so based on my opponents inconsiderate behaviour and the fact that my arguments are as healthy as an ox, I urge voters to vote Con.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
How could it possibly be? No, it's not :D
Posted by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
Was that sarcastic?
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
Good quotations, Smithereens.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
TirzahSmithereensTied
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
TirzahSmithereensTied
Vote Placed by ObiWan 4 years ago
ObiWan
TirzahSmithereensTied