urapai
kieshacolon

Gay marriage

urapai

Con

After reading your debate entitled "same sex marriage", I have observed a variety of flaws. Firstly, you explained how everyone is entitled to their own happiness. Saying that, if killing people makes someone happy, or participating in substance abuse makes them happy, shouldn't they have the right to do such? That is a huge flaw in your argument. Secondly, you explained how we can love whoever we want. Saying that, you are also saying that we can marry our siblings, or fall in love with a child that is a third of your age, aren't you?

Same sex marriage is a bad thing. First of all, it is morally wrong. Since the beginning of time, marriage was between man and women. That is the way things are, same sex marriage would go against that. Secondly, it is sexually immoral. They are going against what they were born to be. Thirdly, if they were to adopt, that child would never have the chance to be adopted into a better family, where he could have had a chance to be with a father and a mother.

I am excited to see your points of view.
kieshacolon

Pro

Nice. Very good point. I guess I should rephrase my argument. Yes I did say that everyone is entitled to their own happiness, as long as it does not interfere with the happiness of someone else. Let say we have two gay men, or lesbian, and they want to get married. They rent space, pick a date, create a invite list and pick out wedding attire. In what way is this harmful to society. Its nobodies business but theirs, and it does not interfere with others' life. Put yourself in someone else shoes, or simply turn the tables. What if same sax marriage was the way to go? It wouldn't feel nice to be told that you cant marry the one you love.

And as for "the beginning of time"....things change. People change. Society and opinions change. And in 10 to 15 years or so I'm sure that same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states I'm willing to bet on it. Its inevitable. So why cant we just all join hands as a nation, and realize that hey not everyone you meet is going to have the same view points about life, have the same opinions and moral, but I'm willing to respect you and except you for who you are.' And by outlawing of same sex marriage this not showing that we are excepting of are peers.Not showing respect and support for our fellow Americans. And just because we out law same sex marriage does not mean it going to stop gays and lesbian from seeing other gays and lesbians. Its not going to make them straight, just like no amount of will power is going to make you gay.
urapai

Con

Great point of view. Your arguments has the amazing perspectives of an activist. However I notice flaws. You explained how people are entitled to their own happiness as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's (paraphrased). That doesn't answer my point about substance abuse. People should be allowed to do drugs because it doesn't interfere with someone else's happiness doesn't it? Also gay marriage would negatively affect the Christian population, interfering with their happiness correct?
kieshacolon

Pro

kieshacolon forfeited this round.
urapai

Con

Reading this article will also explain good points on why gay marriage is wrong: http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
kieshacolon

Pro

kieshacolon forfeited this round.