Teemo
SheldonCooper

Gay marriage

Teemo

Teemo

Pro

Hello once again. After our previous debate, and your personal attacks, I noticed your disappointment. Even though the rules were fair and just, I still feel bad for leading you to swearing, cussing and attacking others. So, I have decided to make another debate about something you seem passionate about. So here are the more fair rules given if you are to accept this debate.

1: first round is acceptance

2: no plagiarism

3: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS

4: No profanity or foul language

5. no copying from other debates

6. BoP, which means Burden of Proof is shared between the both of us. Failure to provide any proof will break this rule.

7. No harrasement

8. No complaining in the comment section after debate is over, however if the opponent begins, you have the right to fight back.

9: No forfeits

10: Have fun!
SheldonCooper

Con

Greetings my opponent. My first opening statements are Gay marriage should not be alllowed because Its will deprive the child of either a mother or a father the reason being since it's two females or two males.And this may be said already but it goes against GOD.Gay marriage is a sin god had Adam and Eve to reproduce not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.It is and should always be One female and one male.And reason being their should be a father because to show the child how to act orderly when out of order.And it needs a mother to comfort the child.And we are teaching our children gay marriage is good but it's not even if there is democracy there are limits to that freedom.For example we can't go out and kill someone hevans no.Just as gay marriage.And in addition,The reason the goverment hasn't banned gay marriage is there worried homosexuals and lesbians might go into a fit of rage and destroy the white house.The second reason is that non gay people may tear down the white house.Gay marriage overall is badly influencing the children today men acting like women and women acting like men.
Sources:http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
Teemo

Pro

I apologize for the delay. I have recently been quite occupied with a variety of things I needed to do. I would like to point out before continuing that I am playing devil's advocate. No, I have nothing against homosexuals, but more or so homosexuality itself.

Also, I would like to point out that first round was for acceptance only, but whatever.

REBUTTALS

"My first opening statements are Gay marriage should not be alllowed because Its will deprive the child of either a mother or a father the reason being since it's two females or two males."

This is completly false. First of all, not all gay couples have children. In fact, the majority of gay couples don't have children. "Demographic data show significant diversity among same-sex couples with children. These families live throughout the country: of same-sex couples by region, 26% in the South, 24% in New England, and 21% in the Pacific states are raising children." [1] As you can see, percentages around the 20's are presented, meaning 80% of homosexual couples don't have children. Furthermore, depriving children of a father or mother has nothing to do with gay marriage, you are thinking of gay adoption which is irrelevant.

"And this may be said already but it goes against GOD.Gay marriage is a sin god had Adam and Eve to reproduce not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.It is and should always be One female and one male"

First of all, you have no proof God exist. Also, there are various Gods, and some approve of all sexual orientation. Now lets assume you speak of the christian God. Regardless, he still accepts it. God loves all his children unconditionally.

Romans 5:8
"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

God knows we are sinners. We all sin, homosexuality is not the only sin out there. There is also something we all do, such as being jealous, stealing, glutony. We all commit these sins, however God still loves us, and forgives us, while we still continue to sin. So God is accepting of gays, and he loves them, he just dislikes the sin.

"And reason being their should be a father because to show the child how to act orderly when out of order.And it needs a mother to comfort the child."

This is sexist. You need not a father to teach you how to be orderly, nor do you need a mother to comfort you. If such were true, explain how the children of single parents are perfectly normal! It doesn't mater if they are male or female, they can and will do anything to raise their child.

"And we are teaching our children gay marriage is good but it's not even if there is democracy there are limits to that freedom.For example we can't go out and kill someone hevans no."

Of course there are limits. The limits prevent harm from occuring. I ask you now, what possible harm does marrying the one you love, regardless of gender present? None at all!

"And in addition,The reason the goverment hasn't banned gay marriage is there worried homosexuals and lesbians might go into a fit of rage and destroy the white house."

Your false assumptions are quite theatricall. The reason they haven't banned it is because there is no point, and it is unfair. People have the right to love eachother, regardless of gender.

-----------------------------------------------------

Overall, my opponent hasn't explained any valid reason to which why gay marriage is wrong. His main statements were the following: It depreives a child from a parent of both genders and that it goes against God. I proved that first of all, marriage and adoption are 2 different things, and 2 God loves us either way.

--------------------------------------------------------

CONTENTION 1: RIGHT TO LOVE

Everyone has the right to love. Gender should not be a boundary. Would you like it if you couldn't marry the on you love? Of course not. Banning gay marriage does so. And doing so is wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------

1.http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...;
SheldonCooper

Con

I would first like to say about my opponent what she said and I quote" God loves all his children unconditionally.While that is true god (the christian god)Gives us free will for god and sin.And there is no indication that just because someone loves you doesn't mean that someone won't punish you.God dearly loves all sinners like the sinners in sodom and gomora he struck lighting in the sinful city.God will still punish the human race.I'll give another example say you have a father a father that loves you.Just because that father doesn't loves you doesn't mean he can't punish you.Let me give another example say your a drug dealer your father has told you to stop many times.Your thirteen years old so he arrested you but he's your father he loves you but as a police officer he has to.my opponent said once again "This is sexist. You need not a father to teach you how to be orderly, nor do you need a mother to comfort you. If such were true, explain how the children of single parents are perfectly normal! It doesn't mater if they are male or female, they can and will do anything to raise their child. "And I would like to point out that both father and a mother play there role.But with two mothers or two fathers there is an unbalance.I would like to state that Homosexual marriage will always be an abomination to God regardless of whether a clergyman performs the ceremony. When God calls something unholy, man cannot make it holy or bless it.I would like to point out that it badly affects children saying that being bisexual or homosexual is ok.Its no it goes against morals and virtues.The world says one man one women simple as that.Can't you see the bigger picture God doen't like sin and he will punish those commiting gay marriage.Gay marriage it is not accepted by republicans nor god nor most preachers or popes.That already makes a diffrence God (the christian god) doesn't approve of it

Note:All saying of god I meant the christian god

Sources::http://www.tfpstudentaction.org..... and......... Why Homosexual "Marriage" is Wrong

By Jan LaRue, Chief Counsel
Concerned Women for America
Teemo

Pro

Sorry for the late responce, and I barely have any time to write. I would just like to say your entire arguments revolves around God. You can't prove God is real, so these arguments are all irrelevant until you can prove he is real. Furthermore, having an attraction and loving someone does not go against morals or values, however not allowing them to does! Where does it say one man and woman, I ask you now.

Also, it is quite likely that in the bible, God was not against homosexuality. In fact, when the bible was written, homosexuality wasn't even a word. It was only added in the bible in 1946. This means they altered specifically for no absolute reasons, meaning in the original bible homosexuality wasn't used, and so it's fair to assume that God was never against homosexuality in the first place. [1]

Source:

1.http://carm.org...;
SheldonCooper

Con

SheldonCooper forfeited this round.
Teemo

Pro

Extended.
SheldonCooper

Con

SheldonCooper forfeited this round.
Teemo

Pro

In conclusion, gay marriage should be accepted. Furthermore, just because relgion goes against it doesn't mean it is wrong.
SheldonCooper

Con

SheldonCooper forfeited this round.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
wup wup another noob snipe
Posted by SheldonCooper 2 years ago
SheldonCooper
What proof can I acess I'm talking about the christian god and your objectification of god that is ambiguous because it is not justified if this god is real.It is difficult to explain and would take the entire debate to is god real.Plus some atheist or non belivers or diffrent religons might try to explain why he is non existant or why he is diffrent than what youve heard.Teemo just know I am refering to and only about the christain religon
Posted by Teemo 2 years ago
Teemo
Since you can't prove god is real, all of your religious arguments are false.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
TeemoSheldonCooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: con didn't use first round for acceptance in addition to his forfeits, and had NO space after any sentence, giving a nightmare for anyone to read his arguments, and failed to rebut Teemo's argument against "religion does not support homosexuality". Thus his whole argument collapsed.