jones_pfeifer
viki-scholar

Gay marriage

viki-scholar

jones_pfeifer

Pro

Gay Marriage- Taking away Love
"A life without love is no life at all." "Leonardo Di Vinci. By not allowing gay marriage, the privilege of eternal love is taken away. Homosexual couples should be allowed to marry, because they deserve the same rights as straight couples, it will give children a healthy home by helping gay couples adopt, and will help the economy.
Homosexual couples deserve the same rights and legal benefits as heterosexual couples. Michelle Johnson, former editor for the Boston Globe says, "Those who continue to oppose same-sex marriage should consider what it would be like to cross state lines with their spouse and no longer be recognized as a married couple or lose parental rights to your children. Or think of how you would feel if your community went to the polls on Election Day to vote on whether you have the right to marry." It is never appropriate to take the rights away from a human being, just because they do not have the same beliefs. By saying a homosexual couple cannot get married, it takes away their right to be wedded and adopt together just like any other couple. Everyone deserves rights, and no one should have them taken away.
Gay marriage helps couples adopt, and those couples provide more stable homes to their children. A study published on June 7, 2010 found "...children of lesbian mothers, and gay fathers, were rated higher in social and academic ability than children of heterosexual parents. These children also had fewer social problems." By allowing gay marriage, it will be easier for them to adopt. It will also help the children when they are adopted, because gay parents provide a better home. If gay marriage is not legalized, many children will be left in foster care, or end up in home that are not stable. We need gay marriage, for the children, but also for the economy.
The economy of states and local governments can be improved by gay marriage. The Comptroller for New York City, Scott Stringer, found "In new york city, allowing gay marriage brought a total of $326 million dollars to the states and city"s economy, over three years." Since there is also a financial benefit to gay marriage, legalizing it should be the only option. By letting more citizens marry, the economy will grow rapidly. Let gay marriage be legal, and there will be an economic value as well.
People who are against same-sex marriage say, "Marriage is between a man and a woman and view anything else as morally wrong... allowing homosexual couples to marry is unconstitutional and would destroy the sanctity of marriage." Where in the constitution does it say gay marriage is "unconstitutional"? All marriage really involves is two people who love each other, no matter what gender, race, or religion they are. Love is never wrong. Gay marriage is just the same as heterosexual marriage. 2 people in love, who deserve to be wed.
Gay marriage should be legal because everyone deserves the right to be married, gay marriage will provide a stable home for adopted children, and will help the economy. Do not take away the amazing privilege of love, grant it, and approve of gay marriage.

Works Cited
Barnes, Robert. "Gay Marriage Bans Upheld by Appeals Panel." Washington Post. 07
Nov. 2014: A.1. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 03 Dec. 2014.
ProQuest Staff. "At Issue: Same-Sex Marriage." ProQuest LLC. 2014: n.pag. SIRS
Issues Researcher. Web. 03 Dec. 2014.
Stevens, Matt. "History and Debate of Gay Marriage." Gay Marriage Debate. N.p.,
n.d. Web. 30 Nov. 2014.
viki-scholar

Con

Firstly,marriage is a legal association between a man and a woman to be husband and wife.Gay marriage is a type of marriage between males.With these definitions,you will agree with me that in life,everything has advantages and disadvantages.In the case of gay marriage,the disadvantages surpasses the merits.My reasons for saying this are below.
One reason for being against gay marriage is that it offends God.In the bible,Angels were sent to destroy the city of Sodom and Gomorrah because of its wickedness.What were the examples of this great wickedness?Gay marriage is among them and this was what made the angels more angry.The question is do you get angry at good things?No,of course{Gen.19:24-25}.
Another reason is that marriage is meant to be for males and females.If God is/was in support of gay marriage,He would have not wasted his time in creating females or He would have destroyed the females.What you,my learned opponent is trying to say is that God is stupid and ignorant for creating females.
Also,gay marriage violates procreation.Jesus Christ did not come into the world through a man.He came through a woman because women are supposed to give birth not males.Gay marriage does not bring about procreation.Instead,it brings about the so-called pleasure.Albert Einstein is not a product of gay marriage.Shakespeare is not,Aristotle is not and so many great men.
It also denies an adopted child motherly care and affection.Due to gay marriage,a child is brought up under so-called fathers.There are things a child need from a mother and a father.This shows that gay marriage is a waste of time,future and natural fertility.
jones_pfeifer

Pro

jones_pfeifer forfeited this round.
viki-scholar

Con

Gay marriage is not marriage hence,the main aim of gay marriage is sexual pleasure.If in doubt,why cant they reproduce?People who engage in gay marriage are those obsessed with pornography.If you want to show love,show it in a way that you appreciate the person,show concern about his situation and not because you want to satisfy your selfish,immoral interest.If caught in my country,you would spend seven to fourteen years imprisonment and this will make not to join some groups or contest for political positions because you have been convicted of a crime.
Gay marriage is not the so-called enjoyment.People who engage in gay marriage do this due to peer pressure,the need to become famous and so on.Which act can they perform apart from sodomy,kissing?People who engage in gay marriage still have sex with females why?Gay marriage is futile,time wasting and future consuming.These questions are for you:
-If human rights could be accepted without controversy,why is gay marriage still being debated in different part of the world.
-Is gay marriage normal?
jones_pfeifer

Pro

jones_pfeifer forfeited this round.
viki-scholar

Con

Is pro afraid?He thinks he will beat me?He has relented.With my submissions,I think I have convinced my learned opponent and the debate community because my opponent shows signs that he has been convinced.If he had not been convinced,he should have disagreed with my points.Thanks.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 1 year ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
"Gay marriage" isn't a Debate.
There is no such thing as "Gay Marriage" .
The idea that prohibiting gay marriage prevents people from having Love doesn't make sense.
Nor does the idea that Gays should have the same rights & benefits as Straights.
Nor does the idea that a Gay couple with a child is a stable & healthy family group.
Nor does the idea that Gay Marriages help the economy.
Nor does insisting that Gays already have the right to marry & that it's wrong to take rights away from people.
Nor does the idea that selling FAKE "marriage licenses" to Gays helps the economy.
Nor does the idea that heterosexual love & Gay lust are the same.
I believe in Polygamy, not monogamy,
so the one man- one woman rule doesn't make sense to me.

Gay marriage offends an Omnipotent, All-Powerful, Omniscient, Omnipresent, God ?
Really ???
Then how could Gay marriages supposedly exist ???

My name back then wasn't Jesus-
I had a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.
As I understand it, Gay marriages, basically speaking, weren't mentioned in the Bible.
The Bible specifically talks about & supports heterosexual marriage.
Try searching for Bible & Homosexuality.
The Bible strongly condemns homosexuality.
The idea that people should do all kind of Nasty things because the Bible condemns homosexuality doesn't make sense.
Nor does the idea that "Love your neighbor" means that gays can & should have sex together, get married, etc.
Nor does the idea that people who support Gay marriages, in violation of the principle of separation of church & state are supporting that principle,& those that oppose Gay marriage are opposing that principle.
Nor does the idea that the religious beliefs of people all over the world are
like one person's personal dietary rules.
Posted by Edwar3je 1 year ago
Edwar3je
Is con seriously arguing a religious point of view for his main argument. I get that many people have deeply held religious beliefs on these sorts of issues but these types of things should at least be personal and not enforced on people who don't hold these beliefs. To put it in the words of George Takkei, saying that a person can't get married because of your religious beliefs is the same as saying "You can't have a cookie because I'm on a diet."

Also, the claim "Jesus wasn't born from a man" is just basic biology. No ones born from a man, and further procreation isn't the main reason for marriage. If it was then we wouldn't allow infertile couples or couples that don't want to have kids to get married.

Even though I'm for same-sex marriage there are still much better arguments that he could use against same-sex marriage.
Posted by sidewinder 1 year ago
sidewinder
I hate these debates because con always quotes the bible well guess what the gay marriage verse in the Bible is a property law not a condemnation of gay marriage. But lets just assume that your right and gay marriage is forbidden in the bible. Well then I suppose I should sell my daughter into slavery (Exodus 21:7). Or I should kill someone because they work on Sabbath (Exodus 35:2). But I think this points to a bigger problem whether you like it or not their is a separation of church and state and if you want to base our laws on the bible than you are no better than Iran. For the quote you use goes against the basis of Christianity of "love they neighbor as thy self" however unless I'm wrong I don't think it was "love thy neighbor as thy self unless he is gay" for as Shakespeare once told us " the devil can sight scripture for his purpose" and right know sir you are the devil for perpetuating your religious beliefs into a country founded on the principals of the separation of church and state.
Vote Placed by Lee001 1 year ago
Lee001
jones_pfeiferviki-scholarTied
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
jones_pfeiferviki-scholarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit