Mariodude34500
SnaxAttack

Gay marriage

SnaxAttack

Mariodude34500

Pro

If you're going to accept this please don't just say "god says it's bad" he doesn't exist and even if he does there is no proof. If you want to debate me on that point invite me to a different debate. If you're debating me on this use secular arguments.
SnaxAttack

Con

I accept the challenge!
Mariodude34500

Pro

Mariodude34500 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

Because of my opponent forfeiting the first round, I shall post my opening argument first. I will keep it short, just in case my opponent does not respond, and a whole ton of research is wasted to a "lineant" debate. I stand on the side of "Con" of why Same Sex Marriage is not good; without bringing up any religious arguments. For this debate, I will argue, with evidence, before the legalization of Same Sex Marriage was initiated to all 50 states.

To begin, I wish to ask a question of why get married? It does nothing different, except a ritual where a couple is "more closer" together; and in society nowadays, is now commonly resulting in a divorce. You know the promises made to be with each other no matter what when being married, why are they constantly broken? Why go through all the trouble to get married and later result in more trouble within the future? That is why there is a term called: "Dating", where people can love each other, but not be married. Stated under an article by Rick Thomas, he stated that the reason of why dating is better is because you are not "giving" your full heart to your partner. If you break up, its not the end of the world because of "many fish in the sea"; than getting your heart destroyed under a ritual to stay together. So why don't a Same Sex couple just date, instead of getting married?

Before Same Sex Marriage was legalized in all 50 states, there were actually only 9 states that did not have it legalized. If a couple really wanted to get married, they would take the time to move to a different state in order to get married. The idea should have remained as a state law, where no side was chosen at this point.

For now, that will be my argument until my opponent either responds or does not.

Source:
http://rickthomas.net...
Mariodude34500

Pro

Mariodude34500 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

My opponent has yet to post, so I will not argue for the following round.
Mariodude34500

Pro

Mariodude34500 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

Because of the forfeit from my opponent, it can easily be stated that: "I Won" this debate.
Vote Placed by Gondun 1 year ago
Gondun
Mariodude34500SnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit