Ataco_titan
David_Debates

Gay marriage

Ataco_titan has forfeited round #2.

Ataco_titan

Pro

(Just to let you know I am pretty bad at arguments so prepare for massive cringe)

I stumbled upon your comment on gay marriage which stated it is "immoral and harmful"
I was curious to see what led you to believe that.
David_Debates

Con

Okay, seeing that this is an informal debate, I'll be brief in my opening statement.

Gay marriage is immoral because it violates natural law, spiritual law, and even survival ethics brought forth by Darwin. No matter what type of worldview you have, gay marriage is harmful to the human race.

The way we test this is by asking this question: "If everyone on earth did it, what would happen?" Note: this question is a completely non-biased, objective test. No religion involved here.

Let's apply the question to some examples, like hard work. If everyone on earth worked hard at what they did, we would have a generation of go-getter's. People would value work. Of course, there may be some people who work for the wrong reasons, but it is a net benefit. Thus, we can come to the conclusion that hard work is a good thing.

Another example would be stealing. If everyone on earth stole, no value would be created: it would just trade hands. No one would value work, no one would want to work, and eventually supplies would run low. No gatherers would mean death for the entire human race. Therefore, we can objectively say that stealing is a bad thing for humanity.

I think you can see where I am going with this now, Pro. What happens if everyone on earth were involved in homosexual marriage? Simple: no children. No future, no new generations, nothing. Give us 100 years, and humanity ceases to exist.

So, for the same reason hard work is good and stealing is bad, homosexuality is detrimental to humanity.

If you want specifics for spiritual law, just ask, but I don't think you'll accept that argument.
Posted by David_Debates 10 months ago
David_Debates
Do you want me to begin arguments in R1?