DebateGirl
Extremely-Far-Right

Gay marriage

Extremely-Far-Right

DebateGirl

Pro

I am challenging you to a debate about gay marriage and if God excepts it. I believe that he does because he created us all equal with equal rights.
Extremely-Far-Right

Con

I thank Pro for this debate.

Personally, I am on the fence about whether God exists or not. But since I am Con, I say that God doesn't exist, so he can't except it.

However, I also state that since this debate isn't about God's existence, I shall say that if indeed God has a certain view towards gay marriage, the evidence from the Bible and other sources indicate that God doesn't believe in gay marriage. (This viewpoint is assuming that God exists and examining the evidence that we have)
DebateGirl

Pro

Well I am a Christian and I am for gay marriage. I believe that God exists and he wants us to be happy.. Whether we marry a man or woman. Marriage is a right for all people and gay marriage should be legalized in all states.
Extremely-Far-Right

Con

I thank my opponent for her response.

I'm not a Christian, but I know that the Bible is regarded as THE holy book for Christians. And almost all Christians regard the Bible as God's teachings and/or policies that God would approve of. So how can you say that God would approve of gay marriage whenever it is explicitly stated in the bible that it is an abomination?

Unless you are a Christian that takes an extremely loose comprehension on the bible, you contradict yourself.
DebateGirl

Pro

I am a Christian and I do sometimes read the Bible, but I realize that times have drastically changed. Some say that in the Bible it says men are better than women, whites are better than blacks, being gay is wrong etc. Back then all of that may have been true but it certainly is not true today. I choose to acknowledge those verses that state God made all of us equally, he loves us all more than those that could be interpreted as "hate". I stress the word interpreted.
Extremely-Far-Right

Con

Well said.
Pro says: "I choose to acknowledge those verses that state God made all of us equally"
Pro also says: "he loves us all more than those that could be interpreted as "hate"

You contradict yourself. You say that God made all of us equally. If he made us all equally, then why would he love one more than the other as you state in the second statement? It wouldn't make sense that he would create all of us equally, and not love us all equally. Many Christians say God loves everyone.
DebateGirl

Pro

Once again I stress the word interpret. I blame pastors for this non-sense..
You can go to two churches where the pastors preach about the same verse and get two totally different meanings and morals from it. This is not a debate a about God, but a debate on politics. Why should some get the right to marriage, but not all?
Extremely-Far-Right

Con

I thank Pro for her response.

Pro said, "This is not a debate a about God, but a debate on politics."
In Round 1 Pro said, "I am challenging you to a debate about gay marriage and if God excepts it."

It seems to be in plain text that God is part of the debate.

Pro said, "Why should some get the right to marriage, but not all?"

I believe you should let the states decide if they want to co-exist with a policy that the majority of the people in the state feel comfortable with.
Posted by motile61 5 years ago
motile61
It is not my intention to butt in on your debate, but when I see such a blatant mistake I can not just sit back and let it pass by... I feel an overwhelming need to speak up.

Let me get "straight" to my point here. You both are really, truely not asking whether "God" excepts gay marriage... but whether God accepts gay marriage. If someone excepts something it would be forbidden. What you both are trying your best to have a debate about is whether God would, will or does see gay marriage as being acceptable... not exceptionable.
Posted by Extremely-Far-Right 5 years ago
Extremely-Far-Right
Its very hard when only 500 characters are allowed, if it was more, I would have provided sources, and extended my arguments a lot more...
Posted by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
Ok the honest truth is that no one ever specified which God they were referring to so, this argument could never have truly happened. (The title of the argument should have been does the Judeo-Christian God if thats the one that was referred to).

The fact that God gave man rights is completely invalid for this argument. God is merciful and kind but, no Christian believes God wants us to be happy, in our lifetime, after death maybe, if you were good in life. The Catholic Church does not believe that having gay tenancies is wrong only the action of intercourse between two people of the same sex. And no where in the Bible does it say that men are better than women or whites better than black. If you believe that you are not Catholic you need to read the Cataclysmic of the Catholic Church to get all the beliefs of the catholic church.
Posted by Intellectual_Perplexion 5 years ago
Intellectual_Perplexion
The Old Testament "god" was quite clear on his feelings towards homosexuality. Any Christian saying that god accepts homosexuals is wrongly citing the Bible - which is why the Bible is abhorrent and immoral. Theology is the single most immoral creation of mankind.
Extremely-Far-Right
Let us just say that I would be willing to do this debate again, for whoever wins but let the characters be up to 8,000 or 4,000 or something.
Posted by DebateGirl 5 years ago
DebateGirl
I apologize for my statement saying something about this isn't a debate on God but a debate on politics..obviously reading back that is what the debate is about. I take that back; it was a mistake on my part.
Extremely-Far-Right
Man I hate it when people only allow 500 words...
Vote Placed by lliwill 5 years ago
lliwill
DebateGirlExtremely-Far-RightTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a very good debate
Vote Placed by boredinclass 5 years ago
boredinclass
DebateGirlExtremely-Far-RightTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had burdon of proof, but never once provided a source
Vote Placed by kweef 5 years ago
kweef
DebateGirlExtremely-Far-RightTied
Reasons for voting decision: con did a good job of dissecting pro's arguments and backing up his own
Vote Placed by KRFournier 5 years ago
KRFournier
DebateGirlExtremely-Far-RightTied
Reasons for voting decision: In a debate centering around whether or not God condones or prohibits gay marriage, where is the scripture? Neither side offered evidence, only their personal beliefs on the matter. No debate, no points.
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
DebateGirlExtremely-Far-RightTied
Reasons for voting decision: See comments.