nicktotty_123
jdtroughton

Gay partys

jdtroughton

nicktotty_123

Pro

Gay partys should be socially accepted in all the world and not just dick academy where I attended with my straight roommate Andrew
jdtroughton

Con

People should be free, as individuals and societies, to decide the roles and culture of their group, and where it applies, to their geographic region.

The utter lack of any proof for a god, deity, or grand, teleological, intentional design remove any basis for forcing your morals (or lack thereof) upon any other person. This both permits homosexuality, as it does cultures wherein homosexuality is disruptive or threatening.

The goal of one's life is as valid when it is "maximize the wellbeing of all beings" as when it is "destroy myself" or "destroy all life". There is not self-evident, non-circular reason for accepting or denying any of these. It's only preference, a complex confluence of conditioning, reflection, experience, and je ne sai quois.

Live, and let live, and if they don't let you live, live somewhere else. If we're being practical. There will be no shortage of places accepting of and receptive to gay culture in the near future, so there's no reason to threaten the spaces of those who do not want to accept such expressions in their culture. regardless of what we may think of that culture.
Posted by jdtroughton 3 years ago
jdtroughton
InvisibleDeity, if you SERIOUSLY can find "homophobe" in what I argued, you're not a very good mind. I argued the best I could for a position I openly stated I don't agree with, because that's what debating is.
Vote Placed by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
nicktotty_123jdtroughtonTied
Reasons for voting decision: I hate 1 round debates. But con knows a lot of facts about gay marriage. It is unnatural.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
nicktotty_123jdtroughtonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments by Con.