live_laugh_love
tennistanner

Gay people are normal and shouldn't be treated differently

live_laugh_love

Pro

First Round is Acceptance
Second, Third and Fourth Rounds are debating.
Please only accept if you have a good, reasonable argument.
Thanks
tennistanner

Con

I'll debate. I haven't done this topic before so it should be fun.
live_laugh_love

Pro

I think gay people should be treated equally and not thought of as abnormal because I know quite a few gay people and they are perfectly nice and normal. Just because they are fancy someone from the opposite sex, doesn't mean they should be treated badly or not be treated nicely. If somebody I knew told me they were gay, I wouldn't bully them or break friends with them because they are still the same nice person.
They are still human and because they have different interests and don't feel attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean they are weird or should be discriminated against. If I was gay neither my family nor friends would think I was abnormal or be embarrassed of me because anti-gay people. If people would stop being friendly with you just because your gay, they aren't true friends who are loyal and lovely. I would never stop being nice to somebody just because they were gay.
If people have something against gay people they should keep their opinions to themselves and just be nice to gay people, they don't have to not be friends with them.
If I was gay, I would be really offended if one of my friends or family disowned me or were nasty to me or didn't talk to me. Gay people may have different interests and a different lifestyle, doesn't mean they aren't normal.
But what is normal? Everybody is unique and special in their own way! Nobody is the same as anybody else. Just because gay people have different interests, doesn't mean they are weird or should be bullied!
tennistanner

Con

In 1776 a committee was brought together to adopt a document that would define the future of the United States in a nutshell, This document is known as the Declaration of Independence. Last time I checked, not one member of the committee was considered to be a homosexual. There is a difference between being homophobic and being anti-gay. The latter is the stance I take for I am in no way homophobic. I'll refer back to an ancient piece of scripture that has changed the planet to further my proof: The Holy Bible. In the book of Genesis, Adam and Eve are the first people on earth and they have a loving bond between one another. This is the bond between a woman and a man. Now I understand that not everyone believes in the same Christian faith as I do, but it's also clear in religions such as Judaism and Islam that relationships are supposed to occur between a woman and a man.
As hard as it is, I like to imagine that there's more good people in the world than bad. Regardless though, everyone has sinned and nobody can escape from that. However, if you confess your sins to God and give yourself up to him you can be cleansed of these sins and be saved. The problem with the LGBT community is not that they're discriminated against, but rather that they claim they are so they can make everyone feel some level of sympathy for them. I would never openly discriminate a member of the LGBT community to their face, but the problems go beyond whether they should be considered 'normal' or not. So one of the questions of this debate is should they be treated differently. Obviously the answer is no. God made it clear that everyone should love one another, but that doesn't mean that everyone will be saved. I don't think many people would say that gays are genuinely mean people, because they're not. I could say the same thing about Mormons. I don't necessarily agree with their views but I have great respect for their character and the way they act. However, if the majority of holy scriptures in the world are against the gay belief, then we as devoted followers should support the foundations for which we define ourselves upon. The founding fathers thus would be somewhat disappointed in the advances in anti-religious matters such as gay rights awareness that we have today. America was founded on Christian tradition. We as responsible Americans need to uphold those values.
live_laugh_love

Pro

live_laugh_love forfeited this round.
tennistanner

Con

tennistanner forfeited this round.
live_laugh_love

Pro

live_laugh_love forfeited this round.
tennistanner

Con

tennistanner forfeited this round.
Posted by tennistanner 3 years ago
tennistanner
Sorry for the repeats
Posted by tennistanner 3 years ago
tennistanner
How long should we take to make an argument?
Posted by tennistanner 3 years ago
tennistanner
Posted by tennistanner 3 years ago
tennistanner
Posted by noahwd18 3 years ago
noahwd18
Being gay is a sin I'm not saying they should be treated diffrently but it should be a law that there is no gay's
Posted by live_laugh_love 3 years ago
live_laugh_love
Good Luck to my Oppenent