travelman
hghppjfan

Gay people should be allowed to be married

travelman

Pro

Yes, God did appreciate men and women getting married, yet what makes your sexual orientation a crime? And he never said he hated gays. Many people discriminate gay people, but God loves everyone, especially people who are discriminated. He understands that people have their opinions and rights. Restricting gays to get married is like restricting Downs' Syndrome kids from attending school. Gays have been mistreated for far too long and it has to stop.
hghppjfan

Con

Yes, God did appreciate men and women getting married, yet what makes your sexual orientation a crime? And he never said he hated gays.
Rebuttal: It says in the bible, don't know where exactly, "Man shall not sleep with another man, nor he should lie with a beast."

Many people discriminate gay people, but God loves everyone, especially people who are discriminated. He understands that people have their opinions and rights.
Rebuttal: People can have different opinions and rights, but that does not mean they are right.

Restricting gays to get married is like restricting Downs' Syndrome kids from attending school. Gays have been mistreated for far too long and it has to stop.
Rebuttal: In the Catholic Faith, they always mention that marriage is between a man and a woman, never a man with a man and a woman with a woman. Being Gay may not be preventable, but being single is an possible option. For example, if you are straight, you can choose to be single, so gays can choose to be single. Downs Syndrome is unpreventable and uncureable.
travelman

Pro

It says in the bible, don't know where exactly, "Man shall not sleep with another man, nor he should lie with a beast."
Rebuttal: But don't gays have the right to their own opinions? And anyway, it should be up to them as to whether whey should want to get married or not. And besides, back then, they did not have the knowledge of homosexuality.

People can have different opinions and rights, but that does not mean they are right.
Rebuttal: Since when was a man loving a man a sin? If God wants people to be respectful to one another, then why is a man loving another man a sin?

In the Catholic Faith, they always mention that marriage is between a man and a woman, never a man with a man and a woman with a woman. Being Gay may not be preventable, but being single is an possible option. For example, if you are straight, you can choose to be single, so gays can choose to be single. Downs Syndrome is unpreventable and uncureable.
Rebuttal: People are advised to just be themselves. Mostly people can't help their sexual orientation. If a man and a woman have the rights to be married, what is wrong with same sex marriage? Don't gays deserve rights? Yes, in the bible it stated that a man and a man should never lie together, yet as I noted before, homosexuality was never discovered, and God loves everyone no matter their opinions and views.
hghppjfan

Con

hghppjfan forfeited this round.
travelman

Pro

travelman forfeited this round.
hghppjfan

Con

But don't gays have the right to their own opinions? And anyway, it should be up to them as to whether whey should want to get married or not. And besides, back then, they did not have the knowledge of homosexuality.

Rebuttal: The Bible is still God's word, correct. So, if God says something it is wrong, it is wrong.

Since when was a man loving a man a sin? If God wants people to be respectful to one another, then why is a man loving another man a sin?

Rebuttal: A man can love another man, but not in a love relationshipful way.

People are advised to just be themselves. Mostly people can't help their sexual orientation. If a man and a woman have the rights to be married, what is wrong with same sex marriage? Don't gays deserve rights? Yes, in the bible it stated that a man and a man should never lie together, yet as I noted before, homosexuality was never discovered, and God loves everyone no matter their opinions and views.

Rebuttal: Gays have civil rights, as do all of us. Also, if back then the bible people didn't know homosexuality, then why did they write about it.
travelman

Pro

The Bible is still God's word, correct. So, if God says something it is wrong, it is wrong.

Rebuttal: It's God's Word, yet God respects the fact that homosexuals have their opinions. And homosexuality was not as common back then, so it was not as much of a matter of debate. These days, God would respect the fact that homosexual marriage is right.

A man can love another man, but not in a love relationship way.

Rebuttal: As I had said before, same sex marriage wasn't an issue of debate in the early AD's. If a man can love another man, then why can't they get married?

Gays have civil rights, as do all of us. Also, if back then the bible people didn't know homosexuality, then why did they write about it.

Rebuttal: They just said "A man shall never lie with a man..." yet they did not know of the specific opinions of homosexuals. These days, now that it is a larger issue, God knows that gay people matter, too. And God supports equality for all, and no same sex marriage = no equality.
hghppjfan

Con

hghppjfan forfeited this round.
travelman

Pro

I firmly believe that same sex marriage should be allowed in the Catholic Church. Since when did sexual orientation become a crime? And if God wants people to respect each other, why isn't same sex marriage allowed? Marriage is a higher level of respect between two people, yet on a higher level than just a friendship. God also supports equality for all, meaning that gays should have the same marriage rights. Read my lasts posts for more of my stances on this issue.
hghppjfan

Con

I am sorry for my two forfeits, this one was that I was going to send my arguments, so instead of an argument I will conclude

My conclusion is that gays should not be married. I am not against the gays, I am only against them getting married.

I hope that the best person should win.