Gay right, yes or no

We all have a right to show that we are who we are. Being gay is a right. It is that persons choice on if he/she should be able to be who they want to be. If they want to be gay then that is there choice. It shouldn't be a law. It shouldn't have to be voted on. We all have the right to have a house, a car, gays are the same. They are normal people that want to be different. Is being different bad? or have people gone and dropped the fact that gays are human to? We are all the same! Some just choose to live to be different...

First of all I would like to thank my opponent for creating this topic and I respect his opinion but I see some flaws.

Your argument is that being gay is a right. You really haven't defined anything. Where are you talking about gay marriage? Where do you get your morals? Define gay marriage? Because since you haven't stated any moral codes so far and just said plain out that being gay is a right. Wouldn't it be right for me to say that murder is ok because that is how someone feels that they should do what they want? To be different? Of course not, but lets establish some things before we continue this debate.

I don't think that you have to define anything. Being gay is who you are. You don't have an ID to show everyone that you are gay. Being gay is the right of the person that has mad the choice. You asked me to define it well (of a person, especially a man) homosexual. That is what i found. It is right? No it goes back to the labels

You obviously didn't catch what I mean't by define. Its so we can be on the right track and so we are both talking about the same thing. Labels are on everything, if you are offended by labels then you are being unreasonable. Everything has a label, no escaping it. You need to know what things are. Saying someone is gay, is a label. So you making the point that labels are a problem is rather pathetic. You need to define your terms, lay out some rules when making a debate.

Back to your reasoning.

"Being gay is who you are." - Does that make it right? Where are you getting your morals from? How do you have the right to say what is right or wrong. Where are you basing that being gay is who you are? I think otherwise

I think being gay is a choice and is simply a sin. What if someone said "being a rapist is who I am." Does that make it right? I have a source for my morals, the bible. I believe that there is a God who has demonstrated morals to us as humans. I respect your views just I would like to know your morals because right now you are stating things like they are fact with no evidences, no sources, no definitions, nothing.

As a Christian I struggle with sin, so don't be saying I am a hypocrite, let me do some explaining. I am not a "homophobic" I just wish for homosexuals (a man who loves another man) to come to the realization that what they are doing is wrong in God's eyes. I struggle with sin and I would like to help my fellow humans overcome theirs as I try to overcome mine.

Also for the sake of this debate. You haven't defined feeling. Do you mean they are born gay? Or they just want to be gay, that is their choice? Please I need to work something in order for a smooth and mature debate.

I see your point. We cant really define anything. Putting a label on anyone is just plane wrong.

But what i really have to say is this;
having an open eye on somethings as touchy as this, you have to put a pin on it. If you look at the history of LGBT's they have been discriminated against for YEARS. If you go up to a black person and call them a racial to them they are going to get mad.
The only way that you are gay is by sleeping with another man/women. That is the only way that you can be gay.
No. You don't have to sleep with someone to have that label. It comes from the people that are around you.

"Throughout our history, we have fought discrimination. We have joined together to recognize equality for racial minorities, women, people with disabilities, immigrants... [Legalizing gay marriage] is the right thing to do and it is time." US Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Richard Posner, in overturning same-sex marriage bans in Wisconsin and Indiana in Sep. 2014, wrote that the bans "discriminate against a minority defined by an immutable characteristic." [40] As well as discrimination based on sexual orientation, gay marriage bans discriminate based on one's sex. As explained by David S. Cohen, JD, Associate Professor at the Drexel University School of Law, "Imagine three people"Nancy, Bill, and Tom... Nancy, a woman, can marry Tom, but Bill, a man, cannot... Nancy can do something (marry Tom) that Bill cannot, simply because Nancy is a woman and Bill is a man."

The US Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in the 1974 case Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur that the "freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause." US District Judge Vaughn Walker wrote on Aug. 4, 2010 that Prop. 8 in California banning gay marriage was "unconstitutional under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses." The Due Process Clause in both the Fifth and 14th Amendments of the US Constitution states that no person shall be "deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." The Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment states that no state shall "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Slow down. You just said labels are wrong YET you just labeled a group that is the LGBT community. So now you are doing something "wrong" according to your logic.

"We cant really define anything. Putting a label on anyone is just plane wrong." -
Whats wrong about it? You still haven't established whats wrong. You are just stating your opinion without explaining. In my opinion, nothing is wrong with labels. Labels help us determine what that specific thing is. My label would be my name. You have a label, cory0000. Everybody has a label and saying that, that is wrong is simply odd. Labels are just something we use to determine what something is so we can identify it. Saying labels are wrong is simply ridiculous because you are ignoring that everything has an identity.

Now onto the rest of your "argument" which isn't an argument. You just gave me a bunch of quotes from the U.S.A Judicial System, Amendment, etc. You never said that we are talking about gay rights in america. You said gay rights. Period. The problem you are having is you aren't explaining anything rather saying things leaving the rest of us confused to figure out where you are and what you are talking about. There are a lot of opinions on gay rights around the world, America is not the only one. A lot of other countries say that gay rights are not a human right. There are 79 countries in the world that say being gay is illegal and they think is wrong.

If you didn't know. Pagan cultures would slaughter babies and give them as a sacrifice to their 'god'. Sounds terrible right? Well that was their morals, they thought they were doing good. So you haven't given me anything to work with on your morals, but simply a useless opinion with no reasoning behind it.

This is what I have been trying to say, and what I have to keep saying but you won't give me an answer.

DEFINE YOUR TERMS AND DEFINE YOUR MORALS. You have stated "its wrong" "its there right". Who gives right? Define rights? What is wrong? What in your opinion is wrong defined as? Please give us something to work with besides you blurting out words with no definition.

cory000 forfeited this round.

Since my opponent has forfeited this round. I rest my case and ask that you have a con favor. Thank you.
Posted by cory000 12 months ago
Gay marriage? Should gays be able to get married ?
Posted by NateTheFirst 12 months ago
What? You mean gay marriage?