Sparkey1012
DeuxEsNears

Gay rights a Fad?

Sparkey1012

Pro

I dunno really but could being gay be a fad? Is this something that we as Americans are pushing so hard for it to only disappear in a couple decades? I for one am against gay rights but well as I've been told oh so many times that my opinion doesn't matter and I am a jerk and stuck up. Well I really do believe that this whole gay rights stuff is only a fad that will soon run out of fashion like Beehives or one direction.
DeuxEsNears

Con

The equality of a group of people isn't really a "fad". Would you say civil rights for African Americana was a "fad"?. While its true that the gay rights movement in the recent decades gained momentum its because of things like awareness and the growing tolerance of the new generation which overwhelmingly support it. One day we won't just forget about gay people. They aren't really..going anywhere.
Sparkey1012

Pro

(sorry been camping)
First, No I would not call the African Americans civil rights a fad because we were giving them rights to equality gay rights is changing rights that we all have and bending the law for them. Because both you and I don't have the right to marry a person of the same gender so therefore we are equal. I guess fad isn't the best term but I don't reckon that being heterosexual will last much more than a couple of decades. Who knows though I could be completely wrong and some wacko, I know my opinion of this isn't the most liked. I honestly am bad at debates and finding facts, so most of this is opinion.
-Sincerely Sparkey
DeuxEsNears

Con

DeuxEsNears forfeited this round.
Sparkey1012

Pro

Sparkey1012 forfeited this round.
DeuxEsNears

Con

DeuxEsNears forfeited this round.