Young
MollyHendrix

Gay

Young

Con

Hello, There has been a lot of talk these days about gays and that its bad, however I don't know and I never have been told why its bad.

I know that killing people is bad because your interrupting there life when its got nothing to do with you when its there time to leave this planet. But how can something that does not hurt, harm or in danger anyone be bad.

I had two gay friends at school and I never knew because I never jugged the way they acted. They wore nice people and truly loved people and animals, so what's the bad thing they are doing.

We all know that eating bad food is bad because it does harm to you and your body.
But what harm can come from two people that love each other that make each other happy and that do not harm others.

Now a lot of people will start quoting the bible and use it to back up there own beliefs.
They read the bible and see scripts that makes them start to think "this must be something to do with something I know of".

If god makes someone gay then why would he hate them. If some someone loves people, helps them, loves animals, helps the earth, prays and loves god, does no harm, then it would stand that they are a fully good person. But why it is when the word gay is but in, it suddenly becomes so bad that they must spend forever in hell.

How can an all loving god hate someone for one thing about them that has nothing to do with anyone else.

I am sorry for writing so much. But thank you!
MollyHendrix

Pro

Hello! There has been much talk about homosexuality being bad because there is evidence that suggests being gay is harmful to their own health and the health of their sexual partner. Therefore, it does danger to other people by spreading sexual diseases among others.

It is good that homosexuals love each other, but sadly statistics show that homosexual couples only last around 2 years, and within there relationship they had multiple sexual partners.

I do not believe God hates anyone because they are gay nor sends people to hell because of it. That is not what the Bible teaches, it is what certain people make up because they dislike the gay community, which is very wrong of them! We should never judge somebody based on their sexual orientation or treat them bad because of it. Whether we agree with their actions or not doesn't matter, acceptance is the key.

While I do not believe that it is right to be gay, I do not dislike them or judge them for it. I think homosexuality is wrong mainly because if we accept homosexuality, we would be obliged to accept polygamy and other forms of marriage. The arguments formed for homosexuality can also be applied to the other forms of marriage. So the question would be, where do we draw the line? And at what point do we say these actions are wrong?

I have other reasons, but I would like to hear what you have to say in response. Thank You! :)
Young

Con

Hello, I don't think that there is so much health risks, my friends say that it depends on the health of both individuals. yes there is a lot of gay people who party all the time and sleep with a lot of people and don't take proper care of there body's but my friends are not like that.

You have hit a good point about that some gay people don't stay together, however I would like to say that there is a lot of straight people who also don't stay together also. I think that most straight people believe that you must stay with each other out of there up bringing, My parents have been together for over 25 years and they don't remember why they got together. I think that gay people are just trying to find the right person to spend there life with rather than just making do.

"I do not believe God hates anyone because they are gay nor sends people to hell because of it. That is not what the Bible teaches, it is what certain people make up because they dislike the gay community, which is very wrong of them! We should never judge somebody based on their sexual orientation or treat them bad because of it. Whether we agree with their actions or not doesn't matter, acceptance is the key."

Above is what you have wrote and I think your heart is in the right place. If its of love then its of god if its not love then it isn't. What divides us is not of god what unites us is of god. There has be more than the possibility of disease and misunderstood bible quotes that makes people have such foul hate towards gay people.

If there is any gay people out there reading this, I am sorry if I may have caused you any upset with my use of the word gay and not put in the word homosexual that's the last thing you need.
MollyHendrix

Pro

There are health risks for both homosexuals and heterosexuals, but being homosexual exposes one to even higher risk of contracting HIV/AIDS, mainly because homosexuals are more prone to promiscuity than heterosexuals.

I'm not saying that your friends are not faithful partners at all, I'm just saying what research has shown among the average homosexual. A study conducted by A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg found that 43% of homosexuals had 500 sexual partners and 28% had over 1,000 sexual partners. (Cited from The Family Research Council website http://www.frc.org...)

I have not grown up being taught to hate gay people, so I don't. However, many people of the generations before me have been taught that homosexuality is weird, isn't natural, and that they should avoid them. That is just downright wrong, and we do agree on this.

I think we have found that we do agree on most of our beliefs except, perhaps, the existence of God (which I wasn't sure if you do agree or not, I would appreciate a clarification.) This hasn't really been a heated debate, and I will actually be going on a long trip on Thursday to see my pregnant sister, so I will try to respond. If not, I will probably have to forfeit, sadly. I will try my best though! Thank you!
Young

Con

I think that this has been a healthy conversion on two peoples views of homosexuals, I think that if anything homosexuals have to be very careful and really look at why some are sleeping with so many people. They will have to find out what they are truly after, sit down with themselves and think about that special someone for them and learn the differences between Lust (Pleasure) and Love (Happiness).

In this conversion there are no losers, its just really good to get one more step closer to understanding.

I grew up with Christian parents and went to chapel every Sunday and so did my brothers and sisters. We went and most people who go have learnt that if you don't you will go down to hell. Most Christian people have made it some ritual for every Sunday. They don't understand the true and real depth of what the people in the bible are talking about and don't even pray as much as they think others should. They think that praying is kneeing down and saying words without feeling them.

I believed my parents until I was about 9 or 10 years old then I did not understand a lot of what was blindly taught to me.
I was depressed and said "god if you exist why is my life so S*@T". But I then learnt that god is not a man that fly around with a white beard helping people. I had understood what god truly is. At the age of 13 I loved the idea of Buddha and what he taught. When I was 16 I bought a book called (how to become Buddhist in 5 weeks) and love it and ever since I have been learning Buddhism and what Jesus taught people and I love them both. I believe god exists through Out of body experiences and learning the real truth. Look and you shall find. Thank You!

I am now 21 years old and a life coach.
MollyHendrix

Pro

MollyHendrix forfeited this round.
Young

Con

Young forfeited this round.
MollyHendrix

Pro

MollyHendrix forfeited this round.
Posted by briantheliberal 3 years ago
briantheliberal
Exactly my point... sexual promiscuity and risky sexual behavior is not a "gay" thing. It is not caused by being homosexual. Anyone can contract HIV and engage in risky behavior.
Posted by MollyHendrix 3 years ago
MollyHendrix
There is no health risk from being gay, it comes from sexual activity and having multiple partners which is also the primary reason for the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa and Asia.
Posted by briantheliberal 3 years ago
briantheliberal
Your opponent is lying just an FYI

There is no "health risk" or disease that directly comes from being homosexual. If he brings up HIV, feel free to let him know that according to Global statistics, most people in the world that have HIV are heterosexual and the transmission rate is much higher amongst heterosexuals, especially in African and Asian countries.