Lavehappiness
PowerPikachu21

Gays, Lesbians, and Bi's shoudlnt be treated different

PowerPikachu21

Lavehappiness

Pro

People hate being thought as different. It takes lots of courage to like who we like. We should be allowed to like boys, girls, anyone. Do you know how many people actually are so scared of society that they stay in the closet for practically their whole life. Heck, i should know, im Bi. You remember your first love? How you spent so much time, you invested so much, you enjoyed every second. Then the day after your dumped? Remember how you felt? I believe everyone should be able to experience that no matter who they like. Quit being Homophones!
PowerPikachu21

Con

I'll be accepting this debate. Please note I don't mind Homosexual people in our world. I am merely choosing to debate as Con for this topic.

Burden Analysis:

Real quick, I think I'll confirm what Pro and Con should prove. Pro needs to prove that Homosexuals and Bisexuals should be treated the same as Heterosexuals. I, as Con, will be arguing that they need to be treated differently.

Argument:

I'll do my argument this round. Round 2, I will analyze Pro's argument. For now, let's start my argument.

Point 1; Different tastes.

Homosexuals are people who are attracted to the same gender (A man falls in love with a man). Here's where my kritik, I guess (Not sure if I'm right in calling it that) is played out. Most men would like to be in a room with a lady, here's the treatment. Now, a homosexual man would rather be in the same room with another (preferably homosexual) man.

Bisexuals have no specific likes in terms of gender. They prefer men and women. Why should we restrict a biseual man with a female? What if he finds a male neighbor more attractive?

This is my argument. I know it's a bit rough on Pro. I hope he finds something wrong with my argument, and keeps debating. Let's hope He comes up with a counter to my argument.
Lavehappiness

Pro

I understand what your saying, true maybe they would prefer that. By saying that your saying. 'well why not just stick them with whoever and hope that's what they like?'

Homosexuals are attracted to whom they might be, true, but that doesn't mean its just some thing that "oh if we stick them together he will be attracted to women again" no. There is no "treatment" to Homosexuality. You choose who you want to be with and you shouldn't have to worry about being given a "treatment". I also see what you mean when you say, and this is quoted, "Why should we restrict a bisexual man with a female. What if he finds a male neighbor more attractive?" But if i get this correct, are you saying that possibly instead of just treating them like equals, that we treat them with different respect and make sure they are satisfied?

That makes sense, but really we shouldn't just stick them anywhere, there people not "things" we throw around. Shouldn't they be able to choose what they want?

I hope you find something to debate back on. This was hard i will tell you this, i like your points. (ps. Im a She)
PowerPikachu21

Con

I thank Pro for sharing his thoughts. Like I said, I will be examining his Round 1, as well as his round 2.

Rebuttal:

Pro's round 1;

"We should be allowed to like boys, girls, anyone." Exactly! Which is my argument; we should let these people hang out with who they like. A man with a man is different treatment than a man with a woman.

"Do you know how many people actually are so scared of society that they stay in the closet for practically their whole life." No, I don't. Are homosexuals and bisexuals heavily threatened by society? I suggest this statement gets backed up.

"You remember your first love? How you spent so much time, you invested so much, you enjoyed every second. Then the day after your dumped? Remember how you felt?" Me, personally, I did have a female crush, but never even talked to her. How is this relevant? "I believe everyone should be able to experience that no matter who they like." Well, if you do have a relationship, you're going to get hurt emotionally. But, again, this isn't really certain.

Defense:

Pro's round 2;

"By saying that your saying. 'well why not just stick them with whoever and hope that's what they like?'" Hope? Why'd you think we're guessing whether the man is homosexual? He could tell us he wishes to see a man, so we could show him where homosexuals hang out, so he can find a person to love.

"There is no "treatment" to Homosexuality. You choose who you want to be with and you shouldn't have to worry about being given a "treatment"." Who said anybody needed a cure? I clearly said we should let the homosexuals hang out with other homosexuals. It's what they want, and it's not the same thing as a man with a woman. It's a different treat, ergo, they're being treated differently.

"But if i get this correct, are you saying that possibly instead of just treating them like equals, that we treat them with different respect and make sure they are satisfied?" Exactly! That's my argument! We're fine as long as they get the special treatment they want.

"Shouldn't they be able to choose what they want?" Yes. No one's being forced to love another. If they don't want to have another person by their side, that's fine. But if the homosexual wants a man, we'll let him have a man!

I'll recap my argument for everybody, so we're all caught up.

Homosexual men are attracted to other men. We should let them love men.

A Heterosexual man prefers a woman. We should let them love women, which is different from Homosexuals' desires.

A Bisexual man has no real preference. We should let them hang out with whoever he likes. This can be either a man, or a woman.

P1: Homosexual men like other men.
P2: Heterosexual men like women.
P3: Having a boyfriend/girlfriend is counts as a treament.
P4: Homosexuals and Heterosexuals have different tastes.
C1: Therefore, we should let them have who they want, which they're getting different treaments by having a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend.

I could go a bit farther in the whole "treatment" thing, but I don't like going there. Having a boyfriend while being a man is treatment enough.

The definition of treatment (I should've probably shown this Round 1) is "How one acts upon another." This is a simplified definition. the one from google says "the manner in which someone behaves toward or deals with someone or something."

When we give a homosexual a man, we're treating him nicely. A heterosexual man receiving a female is a different treatment. Therefore, to make homosexuals happy, we treat them to a nice man instead of a woman, which many people would've preferred.

I await Pro's response.
Lavehappiness

Pro

Okay, I give up. From the start I believed that it shouldn't matter to us weather or not people are with who they want. Its not like we are choosing for them. They get who they wabt, we don't worry about it. Because we don't choose so why does it matter to us.

Also you played a amazing couple points that I didn't see.

Listen, the reason I wanted to talk this out is because people are saying that us Homosexuals need "special treat ment" like seriously it's not your buisness, you love who you love. I love who I love. That's all that matters. I believe that us Homosexuals shouldn't be treated any different than straight people.

But my opponent has thankfully explained the other side of the story and has his sources to back it up. I thank him.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I accept the concession from Pro, and you're welcome for allowing me to share the fact that a different treatment is sometimes better. A different treatment is, well, different. Thanks to pro for making this debate, and I hope he has a wonderful time on this site.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
I hope she's trolling. On second thought, "she's" probably a twelve year old boy who thinks typing these comments makes him edgy. Either that, or a bot.
Posted by pro_debater_chick 1 year ago
pro_debater_chick
Gays should be treated differently because they are different and they need to know this. Gays and lesbians should have no civil rights because what they do is disgusting and unnatural. Therefore gay people should DIE!!!
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Why though?
Why is this such a big issue?
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
It's all those damn homophones!
Feat and feet, pain and pane, and especially there, their, and they're...damn homophones.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
If everyone would discard labels and treat people as people all will be good for everyone.
Vote Placed by Kirigaya-Kazuto 1 year ago
Kirigaya-Kazuto
LavehappinessPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Actual forfeit.