dtaylor971
urapai

Gays are an equal part of society.

dtaylor971

dtaylor971

Pro

First round for acceptance. I will be arguing that gays are as equal to society as any other man. You, con, will be arguing that they are not. Good luck!

Rules and layout:

Round 1) Acceptance
Round 2) Arguments and rebuttals
Round 3) Rebuttals only

Rules:
No swearing
No copying/pasting (plagiarism)
No personal attacks

Breaking any of these rules will be treated as a forfeit. By accepting this debate, you accept these rules.

Thank you!
urapai

Con

Gays, or homosexuals should not be equal in society. They can produce a variety of issues in society, and also many personal problems. Imagine a little boy being adopted by a gay couple. The couple is happy, they finally have a child. But think about this child. In the corrupt world, everyone is judged, and hurt by those judgements. That child will be hurt because people make fun of him because of his 2 fathers or mothers. This child will face many problems, and though you and others may help him there will always be more people hurting him. You could of ruined this child's life.

Furthermore, marriage is supposed to be between a man and a women. Many people say things like gays should be aloud to marry whoever they love, and they can love and do whatever they want if the love is mutual. However saying that is just like saying that people should be aloud to love a horse, or even their own sisters or mothers.
dtaylor971

Pro

You broke a rule. That rule was first round was for acceptance only. But I will let it slide.

Also, your WHOLE argument is about gay marriage. If you had read the title, it says that gays are an equal part of society, not should gays be married. But I will go ahead and refute your arguments anyway.

"They can produce a variety of issues in society, and also many personal problems."
But so can everybody else. It is completely unfair to put gays in this part of the category. Some gays have no personal problems at all. Also, why does having personal problems impact your ability to be equal? A personal problem could be a simple as taking a medication for very mild anxiety. So personal problems is not a valid argument. As for the issues in society, that is somewhat true. But who is to day that gays cause more problems than, say, other races, such as blacks? Blacks are a main point of racism and racial issues in society. But does that mean they shouldn't have equal rights? Not by a long shot. And if blacks have equal rights, shouldn't gays too? Neither of them are any different from normal people.

"Imagine a little boy being adopted by a gay couple. The couple is happy, they finally have a child. But think about this child. In the corrupt world, everyone is judged, and hurt by those judgements. That child will be hurt because people make fun of him because of his 2 fathers or mothers."
I'm not debating on gay marriage here. Only in some places would the child be bullied. In my hometown, a small town by a coast, I had a severe hearing loss and nobody ever said an hurtful word to me about it. Only in some places would the children be bullied. Also, you are looking over that the child is likely happy that he has been adopted, no matter what the circumstance.

"Furthermore, marriage is supposed to be between a man and a women."
First off, it is woman not women. Also, we are not arguing marriage. Who says that we can't change the definition? Some states in America have already done it. Just 50 years ago a water fountain was between a white and a white. Now, it is between a white and a black or anyone else, for that matter.

"However saying that is just like saying that people should be aloud to love a horse, or even their own sisters or mothers."
First off, it is allowed not aloud. Also, the gays are nothing like loving a horse. Also, you didn't define love. I love my horse and my mother. You need to be more specific.

That does it for my rebuttals. Now onto my arguments.

There are actually quite a few reasons why gays are just as equal to you and me. First off, being gay is not a choice, even if some people think that it is. If people can't chose what they want to be, why should they ever have rights taken away from them? Why should they not have equal rights? One in ten people are gay [1]. That means we are stripping rights away from over 700 million people just because of something they have no control over. How is that fair? Another reason why gays should be treated fair is because it would make more peace and less fighting. People learned to accept blacks after they got legalized for equal rights, so gay people would be accepted, also. Do you want it to get to the point where another Martin Luther King Jr. is born and murdered after a protest just so something that should be happening happens? I say we give gays rights, equal rights, now before it gets too out of hand. If we gave gays more rights, they would be happier. They would be treated as equal, and the constitution, which states "all man should be created equal" [2] would actually become true. Therefore, gays are not only equal, but should also be treated as equal people.

I rest my case. Your turn!

[1] http://gaylife.about.com...
[2] http://www.archives.gov...

urapai

Con

urapai forfeited this round.
dtaylor971

Pro

I extend all of my arguments.
urapai

Con

urapai forfeited this round.
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Hey Garrett: If ya don't like it, don't comment on it.
Posted by ChristianPunk 3 years ago
ChristianPunk
"In the corrupt world, everyone is judged, and hurt by those judgements. That child will be hurt because people make fun of him because of his 2 fathers or mothers. This child will face many problems, and though you and others may help him there will always be more people hurting him. You could of ruined this child's life."

I will say this. If the parents were man and woman, but they were vegans, mormons, calvinists, punk rockers, latino, black, you can put any factor of beliefs or ethnic background and the child will face persecution. I was picked on because I was straight edge and I grew up with parents who definately didn't like that stuff. I turned out fine because I shrug it off my shoulders which is what any parent will tell people. My step mom tells my cousin who gets picked on by his brother to shrug off anything that he gets told. Says words are words that only affect you if you let them. Also, imagine a world where being straight was frowned upon.
Posted by ChristianPunk 3 years ago
ChristianPunk
Yeaaaaaa. urapai, your basically making an extreme.

A man loving a horse is wrong because they are two different species. Both may be in the Animalia kingdom, but Man is homosapien while horse is Equus ferus caballus. We aren't in the same class or any other genetic structure or bone structure compared to a horse. So for two homoseapiens to love each other is as normal as two horses. And then it ain't normal for relatives because of genetics, which can cause birth defects in children like that.
Posted by GarrettBlack 3 years ago
GarrettBlack
About round one, why is their an acceptance round? Either people agree with it or not, so why create a round for only acceptance, wouldn't it have been fair to have the second round be rejection?
Now tell me isn't that only fair.
Posted by GarrettBlack 3 years ago
GarrettBlack
You puzzle me, you the instigator. You ask an easily misunderstood, question and then jump on the debater to be specific. Are gays as equal to society as other men? Society meaning "the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community" -google definition
So let get this straight gays meaning happy people? or homosexuals? if its happy people then the answer is some times not everyone is happy all the time, and if the answer is homosexuals then no, not everyone is homosexual so no their not same in their actions at any rate. And if you mean do they live together in a more less ordered community then yes they do. And if you mean are they equal in worth as human being then yes. so it's all very confusing when you say the word gay which means happy for homosexual sends off a misconstrued idea. Also the whole rainbow flag as a homosexual symbol which used to mean peace between all ethnicity. The homosexual movement has commandeered those for the furthering of it's own purposes.

Also your statement of homosexual people don't have a choice, you said they don't have a choice. I have to call bogus on that, for one if that's true then murders rapists and criminals are all just come into this world like that, no choice they just have to commit homicide. No your responsible for your own choices as am I and everyone else. If that arguments was world wide held as true, their would be no justice and no punishment for those who commit atrocious crimes. It would be total anarchy and the world be a blood bath.
Also if you know your history Homosexuality was prevalent in Greece, Rome, and many other powerful nations before they were either destroyed by another nation or destroyed themselves. It's historical look it up if you don't believe me.
On a different but still connected note I believe and I think it's scientifically understandable and frankly obvious that men were not made to have sex with or marry other men. If you get this "Pro" please comment b
Vote Placed by EndarkenedRationalist 3 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
dtaylor971urapaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON forfeited, so conduct and arguments go to PRO. PRO had sources; CON had none. PRO is the clear victor.