job
Itsallovernow

Gays are unnatural

Itsallovernow

job

Pro

Gays are unnatural.
Itsallovernow

Con

Thank you for the debate.

My opponent just asserted his position of the resolution.

DEFINITION:

Unnatural- 1)not in accordance with or determined by nature 2) Artificial

CONTENTION(S):

1) Being truely gay, or homosexual if you prefer, is something that occurs naturally without any artifical influence or creation.

SUMMARY:

It is by nature that gays are, indeed, gay.
job

Pro

job forfeited this round.
Itsallovernow

Con

My opponent forfieted. Arguments are extended.
job

Pro

job forfeited this round.
Itsallovernow

Con

My opponent has forfieted all rounds except the first, in which he just stated the resolution.

Please =VOTE PRO= for the reason of his forfiet and my point(s). Thank you.
Posted by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
Excuse me, I ment =VOTE CON= :)
Posted by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
And I understand fully that in a debate, which this is not, using personal experience to appurtanize your case is not reputable evidence. I argued against that fallacy in my debate with someone in http://www.debate.org... and I won on that point.

With that being said, and it is agreed that there is no conclusive evidence for either side, this conversation is over. I don't have anything to prove, and you don't have anything to say about it being psychological and me being influenced into being gay. Since you just said "I suspect it's both." That doesn't matter. We will leave this alone and up to the scienists.
Posted by CyanideLover 6 years ago
CyanideLover
Yurlene,

I agree that sexual preference is a continuum as oppose to 100% gay or 100% straight box (like you said). As far as "preference"...there might be a better way to word things for this type of a survey - I don't know.

I do believe that chromosomes ultimately determine if you are male or female. If a survey was to be done, then people with triple chromosomes (or other genetic disorders), would not participate.

Finally, your comments seem to assert that this situation is so ambiguous and complicated that any research would be invalid - I strongly disagree with that. I think there are clear-cut answers but they may be difficult to find.

Itsallovernow,

What's narrow-minded is your inability to understand that personal experience/opinions are not considered evidence. Why would you have to prove your sexuality to me? Are you dumb enough to think that I care? All I'm asking for is objective evidence (objectivity means that is has nothing to do with you personally).
Posted by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
YES! Cyanide, ""There IS evidence, Cyanide. However, it's not enough to prove it as fact..."
There IS evidence, but there is no CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE! I don't have to prove my sexuality to you, so get the hell over it! That is what I orgionally asserted, you're just to hard-headed to get it through your thick, narrow-minded skull!
Posted by Yurlene 6 years ago
Yurlene
@ Cyanide: Even through anomity through the surveys, the stigma that usually follows to be identified with homosexuality will deter even some of the "honest" answers.
Another problem should arise with the definition of preference. Again there are men and women, even having sex with the same sex, still consider themselves to be straight. To fit everyone into two neatly boxed up categories is asking someone to label themselves as 100% straight or 100% gay.
Even without taking into consideration of the issue of chromosomes, does the XX or XY really determine the gender expression of one who is male, but is feminine or even, a female, but is masculine.

The multiple of X's or Y's is not a "rare" phenomenon as you would perceive. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com...
There are multiple of combinations the chromosomes may appear.
http://www.gender.org.uk...
It is estimated that as many as 1 in 1250 children are XXX.
About 1 in 700 children are born as 47XXY, which is known as Klinefelter's Syndrome, where children develop along male lines.

Or this site: http://anthro.palomar.edu...
Posted by CyanideLover 6 years ago
CyanideLover
Itsallovernow,

"I've already asserted that there is NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE for EITHER side..."

Wrong Again! This is NOT what you originally asserted. If you go back and read your first comment:

"There IS evidence, Cyanide. However, it's not enough to prove it as fact..."

So far, you've provided nothing but babble about personal experience - not any evidence.
Posted by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
How about this, Cyanide. Since I've already asserted that there is NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE for EITHER side, you present evidence to prove me wrong. I did not say one or the other. I did say that I myself wasn't influenced into being gay. For that, I can prove without having sources or anything, and it would hold up in our legal system.

I don't agree nor disagree it's psychological or genetics; I just personally feel it's genetics. However, I can assert that there's NO PROOF FOR EITHER SIDE. This is my main arguement, and unless you can tell me how to feel, then forget you and present some conclusive evidence to appurtenize what you say. Like I said, this IS NOT A DEBATE! And I can speak for myself by saying it's not a choice. I can't speak for others, but I CAN for myself.
Posted by CyanideLover 6 years ago
CyanideLover
Yurlene,

Survey would have to be completely anonymous and asked to a random segment of the population - otherwise the results would be bias. Triple chromosomes are rare genetic abnormalities and should be eliminated from the study. Again, I'm sure some psychologist thought of this already, would be nice to see the results.

Itsallovernow,

You simply can not use "yourself" as evidence that homosexuality is determined by genetics. Hypothetically, I might as well tell you that I switched sexual orientation and use "myself" as evidence that homosexuality is determined by the environment. Doing that would be as meaningless as your previous arguments. There's a lot of publications, studies and legitimate evidence to support your position. Do the research and list some real objective evidence BEFORE you squabble.
Posted by Yurlene 6 years ago
Yurlene
Oh about those surveys again... Who should be under which category, by what definition? Just sexual relations with men/women or both? What about those so called straight men out there that have sex with men, but still consider themselves to be straight? (men who have sex with men) Or women even? Would it actually be that clean cut of sexual orientations?
Posted by Yurlene 6 years ago
Yurlene
@ Cyanide: Quite the contrary. I believe I am not making anything too complicated, just trying to specify certain problems your assertion will arise. There is more than just XY and XX, i.e. XXY, XXX (not that kind of XXX), XYY, etc. To put male and female just in those two binaries is to assume that there is only gay versus straight, which seems to be the problem.
Again, using the word "prefer," would assume that you had sexual relations with the same sex, but "prefer" another. It isn't about what I, Itsallovernow, or even you prefer which sex to have sexual relations with. Do you prefer one over another? Is it because you have had sex with the same sex, but still prefer women over men?
To the survey statement, most if not all surveys that have been done to "reveal" such percentage of a certain population is not random at all. Did you know that most of these so called "anti-gay" studies uses these surveys to determine whether or not gays are actually at higher risk to HIV? Did you know that they actually try to give out surveys to sex clubs, bath houses, etc.? Quite biased, if you ask me. But at the same time, they do not give these exact surveys out to straight clubs to try to understand where HIV occurs. Just an example. (Sorry if I'm rambling again, not enough sleep)
A large servery of a random segment of the population should reveal the percentage of gays. Has a study like this been done? I don't know because I haven't done the research.
Vote Placed by Yurlene 6 years ago
Yurlene
jobItsallovernowTied