brian_eggleston
ironknight47

Gays should be rounded up and forced into slavery.

ironknight47
Started: 10/25/2013 Category: Funny

brian_eggleston

Pro

How can countries in the West compete with countries like China, India and Brazil were workers have very few rights and are paid a pittance? The answer is simple, by under-cutting them using slave labour.

As the trade in slaves from Africa has dried up now, we are going to have to use home-grown slaves instead. Of course, nobody is going to volunteer to be a slave but if male homosexuality was made illegal again, the punishment for those found guilty could be forced labour.

The government could then make money by hiring these effeminate felons out to companies and wealthy individuals, thus paving the way for tax cuts for everybody else.

ironknight47

Con

This made me laugh. I'll try to take this seriously.

There is a very simple argument to pretty much counter everything you have; doing that violates the Constitution and basic human rights. You are taking rights from innocent people. Even if you said homosexuality is a crime, criminals still have basic human rights. In the U.S, you can't take away peoples' rights. You would need a ridiculously convincing reason to take away the basic rights of anyone, and you lack that reason.
brian_eggleston

Pro

I would like to thank ironknight47 for accepting this debate and for his considered comments which I would like to address as follows:

There is no constitutional reason why slavery could not be reintroduced into the United States: after all, the Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787 but slavery wasn't abolished until 1865.

Furthermore, according to Human Rights Watch the United States Government abuse human rights on a wholesale basis, most famously in Guantanamo Bay, but child labor, mistreatment of immigrants and long list other human rights abuses are commonplace in America. [1]

Therefore, if a democratically-elected government decides convicted gays should be sentenced to forced labor then there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to do so.

[1] http://www.hrw.org...
ironknight47

Con

I want to bring it back to the topic. The topic is this: "Gay should be rounded up and forced into slavery."

So, we are not talking about whether or not it is constitutional or not, we are talking about whether it is right or not. So, do any of your Round 2 arguments support your argument that they should be rounded up? It looks like all of those are talking about how, technically, the U.S. Government could do that if it really wanted to.

So, bringing it back to the topic. It comes down to this. Should we round up people because of the way they are (whether they choose to be gay or if they were born that way) and force them into slavery? As I said before, this violates basic human rights. I do not think this is fair to those people because they have done nothing to deserve that.

I don't think my opponent has proved why we should do this, only that we could do this.

Posted by Swagmasterpoopoo 3 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
dude dont joke about gay its not even funny.
Posted by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
brian_eggleston
Phew! Posted with 11 minutes remaining!
Posted by ironknight47 3 years ago
ironknight47
I'm pretty sure it's a joke debate.
Posted by ironknight47 3 years ago
ironknight47
I'm pretty sure it's a joke debate.
Posted by Jesenia07 3 years ago
Jesenia07
Wow! That is not only inhuman but sick! Why is it illegal to be yourself? Just because they like the same sex doesnt make them animals. You obviously need help if you think slavery is right, even for crimminals.
Posted by Frostbitte99 3 years ago
Frostbitte99
I am sorry, but that is just really mean. I am not gay, but they are humans too. I really do not like this debate topic and I wish that I had never seen this today. I just wanted to express my opinions here.

I apologize if you do not agree

Thanks
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
brian_egglestonironknight47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting troll debate. I break down BoP for PRO into several parts: 1) homosexuality should be made illegal, 2) slavery should be legalized, 3) criminals should be considered slaves. PRO's opening justified #2 and #3 without a proper rebuttal from CON. CON did however rebut #1, and because of this, PRO does not meet BoP. Difficult resolution to prove.
Vote Placed by mikicat10 3 years ago
mikicat10
brian_egglestonironknight47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I think the topic is completely ridiculles
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
brian_egglestonironknight47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con pointed out that Pro never met his burden of proof: Pro said we could enslave gays, but never gave reason to think that we _should_ enslave gays as opposed to straights, or that we should enslave anyone at all.