TripDebates
BIBLETHUMPER

Gay's shouldnt be discriminated against and should have there fundemental rights to marrige

TripDebates

Pro

The world is evolving as our human rights are all being allowed.The next generation will look back at homophobic ideals the same way we look back at the people who thought women didn't deserve the same rights as white men, as they look upon the people who thought non whites should be slaves. The same goes for segregation, it used to be the social norm that blacks should not be in school with whites. Evolution happens and boom. Then "separate but equal" the world is changing, for the better. The domino theory is a part of it. All unequal laws are slowly becoming more equal. The world isn't and will never be perfect, I am stating that we must do what we can to make the world a better place. Additionally it is gays fundamental right as a HUMAN BEING to choice who THEY love in. Many people are changing they minds about this as there is nothing wrong with homosexuality and it can and will only change the world for the better. This is the way the world is becoming. Thank you for your time.
BIBLETHUMPER

Con

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex marriage is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s. This is false.
First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.
Same-sex marriage opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.
Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior.
TripDebates

Pro

I would like to point out that gays have the rights to be married. In the governments eyes marriage is when a spouse and spouse have a marriage certificate. They are received from the county. Clerks are supposed to approve all couples since they are equal and can and do get in trouble for denying them if they are a homophobic. My evidence is from CNN a credible source. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com... United States of America starting from the Articles of Confederation is build off equality and freedom. Homophobic ideals, along with racist, sexist and discriminatory ideas slow the country down and eventually shown as wrong. This has happened throughout the course of history everybody who is in love with another has the right (In the eyes of the federal state and county) to apply for marriage, regardless of there race gender or sexuality without equality there is no democracy and to make the world a better place we must do our best to have equality.
BIBLETHUMPER

Con

BIBLETHUMPER forfeited this round.
TripDebates

Pro

Homophobic ideals are wrong. All are equal. Our motto support this "Out of many One" and again I must point out how far we have come as a country and how over time our views have become closer to equality. First the Black civil rights, then women's rights. We accepted them as they are also human equals. Now there is Gay Rights and we are so close to equality. We must allow homosexuals to be equal as they are. Additionally the bible does not oppose homosexuality it supports it. Here is evidence from a credible source: http://www.religioustolerance.org... My opponent also failed to respond to my arguments. Also what Is his Topicality? Homophobic ideals and laws along with other discriminatory ones are not topical. All of this covered I would like to conclude why you should vote for Pro and Support Gays getting there rights to marry and that homophobics dicriminating against them should not be tolerated. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality and Con has failed to debate me
BIBLETHUMPER

Con

First of all I did not forfit the last round, i was thinking about a respond overnight and I came back and it said I did, but I didnt

In the name of the "family," same-sex "marriage" serves to validate not only such unions but the whole homosexual lifestyle in all its bisexual and transgender variants.

Civil laws are structuring principles of man's life in society. As such, they play a very important and sometimes decisive role in influencing patterns of thought and behavior. They externally shape the life of society, but also profoundly modify everyone"s perception and evaluation of forms of behavior.

Legal recognition of same-sex "marriage" would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality.
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
You are a hate speach!
Posted by TripDebates 1 year ago
TripDebates
I am sure that isn't what you mean. You Just implied that all Christians are homophobic. i know for a fact that Christians are not all homophobic. By that statement you just insulted your religion and God. I hope you realize what you said with that hate speech.
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
I am a christain I will NEVER see how "good" it is
Posted by TripDebates 1 year ago
TripDebates
Traditional Marriage? How can homosexuality be not a part of nature? This picture answered it all why you should for for Pro and not be a homophobe along with more evidence how homophobia is the real unnatural ideal. http://inspiringthealtruisticmoment.com... thanks and I hope you see now that homosexuality is not bad but homophobia is. Have a good Day ~Trip
Posted by TripDebates 1 year ago
TripDebates
I'm like 12, so if it takes Time to respond, that is my bad. My right I mean liberties. Also if you are willing to accept this debate, as it will be my first on the site, u would appreciate it if we did a basic CHSDL (Chicago High School debate league) basic format. Rounds 1 and 2 can be constructive/links and round 3 can be rebuttals. Thanks if you accept it. To respond to to Robkwoods, going to church either way getting married or not there, it is not a legal marrige. You must get a Marrige certificate from your county/state which acts your legal credentials of marrige.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Church marriage is not mandatory. You dont have do marry in church. How do you think atheist get married ? Or Buddhists ? Or Muslims ?
Posted by Robkwoods 1 year ago
Robkwoods
yeah definitely define rights. Because marriage isn't a fundemental right. A church can perform or not perform a marriage to whomever they want. That is their religious right, which is a fundemental right. If Berend doesn't I will accept as con.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
This is like "Earth is not flat" debate....
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
Define 'rights'. Depending on it, I might accept as place of con.