Gender Fluid is not a thing

This argument is over whether gender fluid is a real thing. I would like to oppose because it is just absurd. Through this debate I will express my beliefs against a friend of mine.

You may think it's absurd, but it's not absurd to other people. Gender identity is a thing that someone must decide for themselves, and sometimes it's not a concrete thing. It's not like it affects you, either, so why do you even care? Just let people live, as long as if they aren't hurting themselves or anyone else then it's fine.

I believe people who identify as being gender fluid use it as an excuse/ a way to get attention. It is very hard to believe that you feel like a boy one day and then a girl the next day. I don't believe your thought on your gender can change daily. I feel like it's an excuse to act differently and get things you want. If I would to say I feel like a girl one day, then I could just walk in the girl's restroom or locker room even though I'm not. People who are gender fluid I feel like are crying out for attention. They change their gender in order to have something to talk about and to be different. You can't wake up one day and be different gender have that repeated through your whole life. I do believe that is one way or other. I believe you could be transgender and want to become a girl/guy, but you can't switch daily.

Thank you the debate!

Let's get something off of the table right now: It is not a way to get attention. These people have actual feelings that are valid and in no way fake and should not be taken so lightly. They change their gender identity because gender identity is not a concrete thing, it can be more fluid(hence the term: gender fluid) and is all up to how the specific person feels. Let us also note that there is a difference between gender identity and gender expression. Although it is hard to switch between feeling like a boy and feeling like a girl, that does not mean that it does not happen. All that it means is that it doesn't happen as often. This also does not mean that they act differently, it just means that they identify as something differently. I will not debate the topic of what bathroom/locker room they should use as not only is that a different subject but it is a very complicated one that I am not prepared for at the moment. You also have the misconception that people who are gender fluid switch genders every day; that is not the case. Although it can happen, most of the time they are one gender for a short while and then another gender for another brief period of time. This can last anywhere from a day to several months. Thank you for the debate.
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
>Reported vote: cgt97// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to reason why gender fluidity while Pro explained that it's a cry for attention. Is that true, I don't know. Con only explained what gender fluid is and that it isn't a cry for attention. This was a hard one to vote for since both parties were the same however, I feel that Pro answered the debate topic a little more than Con did.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter really doesn't explain their decision. They point to the general points made by both sides, but don't compare them, and the explanation for the decision is not clearly couched in anything from the debate itself.
Posted by Killingyousoftly 6 months ago
Let it just be known that Pro's whole argument was based off of personal subjective reasoning and also provided no data or evidence, stop using that as an excuse as to why you personally agree with him, please and thank you.
(Also let it be known I don't mean to be mean just putting that out there)
Posted by outletforideas 6 months ago
Con used personal subjective reasoning, provided no data or evidence to back up the argument that Gender Fluidity is a valid state of being especially given that (in the absence of deformity) genetics and the set of hormones tied to those genetics are set at birth. (I cannot vote yet but would vote for pro)
Posted by adc0204 6 months ago