ApatheticVV
Dunavice

Gender Identity (More than 2-3)

ApatheticVV

ApatheticVV

Pro

Gender identity is a widely debated topic that many of us are divided upon. I want to hear the opinions of others and hear the opposite of my opinion. My opinion is that, as basic biology states, there is 2-3 genders (debatable), no more.
Dunavice

Con

Genders are a social construct, they have nothing to do with human biology. However, sex is a biological concept, male or female. I wonder why people can't do their research before proposing a completely unfounded topic to be debated.
ApatheticVV

Pro

The definition of Gender and Sex are one in the same, or close to each other. Here is the exact definition; "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)" as sited from Google. This definition means, that you are either male or female, and male/female are considered a Gender. With that being said, do YOUR research.
Dunavice

Con

My sources tell me that 'gender' is typically used in reference to social and cultural differences ***rather*** than biological. Those sources being Google and Merriam Webster. If you'd like to open up another debate over the definition of 'gender' relative to 'sex' then go right ahead. Just make sure to provide their definitions so $hit a$$es like yourself don't continue the mindless bumbling into another vague and thought provoking thread raising the eternal questions of our existence. I am extremely triggered. Suck it normies. RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ApatheticVV

Pro

Thanks for confirming my argument by acting like a complete idiot. Also, look in the comments to see my reasoning.
Dunavice

Con

"Thanks for confirming my argument by acting like a complete idiot. Also, look in the comments to see my reasoning."

I still can't find the part where you developed an argument. (Or reasoned) :/
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: PowerPikachu21// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: No one actually did anything in this debate. But Pro did admit to "you are either male or female, and male/female are considered a Gender.". He said that there are 2 genders, and didn't present a 3rd option. Thus, arguments to Con. Con was kind of rude in Round 2, so Conduct to Pro. They talked about sources, but none were actually presented. I won't award any S&G points this time.

[*Reason for removal*] Conduct is insufficiently explained. The voter is required to explain how someone acted rudely within the debate, and how that constituted an insult.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: ChaseE// Mod action: Removed<

2 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Con was very condescending (no pun intended) and rather than provide actual arguments, instead decided to refer to ad hominem attacks against Pro.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain S&G. (2) Conduct is insufficiently explained. Condescension is not sufficient reason to award conduct unless it turns to insults.
Posted by PandaTime 9 months ago
PandaTime
The state of having a gender falls into male or female. However, there are more gender identities. Because there are people who fall outside of gender, including all non-binary identities, there are more than two identities.
Posted by ApatheticVV 9 months ago
ApatheticVV
The definition used im the argument was the same throughout, so suggesting otherwise is incorrect. And you have to realize that Gender identity is used as one in the same all the time, so i will use it that way as well. Gender identity sited from google; "a person's perception of having a particular gender, which may or may not correspond with their birth sex". So lets say im gay. I would identify as gay as a GENDER because thats how i want to identify. I disagree with that, however if you want to call yourself pan or even techsexual i dont actually care. However the minute you ask me to call you that ill say no because i am unwilling to modify basic biology to meet your social needs.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
APWoman,
if you choose the definition BEFORE the debate started. then you would get to make your claim. however, you provided the definition after the Debate was initiated, so you don't get to choose.
Starting the discussion, does not mean that the discussion was built on your bigoted remark that a definition circumvents around your understanding.

The debate was about who's understanding was accurate.

To the contrary: Gender is a Document term referencing Anatomy: for criminology reports, travel passports, morgues and doctors. It is NOT a sexuality identity.

The social idea, as clearly only APW is picking up on, is a reference tot he fact that Regardless of being an impudent little prick, who dresses like a woman, That little prick is a MALE. sex = male and female. Not masculine and feminine.

ty APV for being so beautiful. and P
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 9 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
While I admit, con is an idiot. Both sides could have and should have fleshed out a more developed argument.
Posted by sboss18 9 months ago
sboss18
I'd be happy to debate you on this topic if you want to discuss it further.
Posted by ApatheticVV 9 months ago
ApatheticVV
Nice quote from something i never said. Also, if i create an argument, yes, i do get to chose what definitions we go by because i made it. If i were to ask you what social justice is and you said "ice cream" then you did not get my definition for example. And i thought that people like you would be able to comprehend a simple vocabulary word, and that i would not have to explain it in detail, so you're right, my bad.
Posted by sboss18 9 months ago
sboss18
>"I can change definitions and meanings of words on the fly since I started the debate." -ApatheticVV
You did not provide definitions in your Round 1 post, which is usually the proper place to do it when you're instigating a debate with someone (especially on a debate like this where you're basically arguing over the definition of a word). Because you omitted it, you left it to Con to define it for you, which they did. Not only that, the definition, again, states "TYPICALLY used with reference to social and cultural differences," so your claim that it's "not usually used in that context" is blatantly false.
Posted by ApatheticVV 9 months ago
ApatheticVV
The parenthesis are there to suggest that it CAN be used in either context, however it is not usually used in that context because lots of people dont understand the definition. To add, i am the one initiating the argument, so the definitions go by me rather than anyone else, so even if you disagree with what i interpret it as, it does not matter.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
ApatheticVVDunaviceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used vulgar language in round 2 in order to describe his opponent. This is a conduct violation.