VAGNETTO
Skept

Generalist approach > Specialist approach

Skept has forfeited round #2.

VAGNETTO

Pro

Is it better to be a specialist in a particular field, or a generalist, that knows alot of things, but lacks the depth in any field? I assume, that being a specialist means having a very narrow scope of practical and background knowledge, which is of no help in everyday life. Plus it's really tough to start something over, when you've dedicated your whole life doing one particular thing. Generalists, on the contrary, have basic knowledge of almost every important sphere of human activity, but in fact they lack the depth in order to be called professionals or specialists. Generalists have the freedom to choose their future vocation, as they have the foundation for any of them. In the contemporary world there are many specialists as well as generalists. But which of these two categories should be dominant? I'm looking forward to listening to your oppinions.
Skept

Con

What are the 'better' and 'dominant' you are saying? Does it mean the more good job or more happy life?

I want to clarify the meaning. Because In each case, my opinion will be different.
VAGNETTO

Pro

I would like to hear about both, if you wouldn't mind. Both job aspect and life aspect.