UltimateSpider-man
PowerPikachu21

Generation 1 of Pokemon is the Best In the Franchise

UltimateSpider-man has forfeited round #2.

UltimateSpider-man

Pro

I am here to argue that the first Generation of Pokemon is the best in the entire franchise. It had the best designs, and the games and shows have all been based on it due to how influential and well put together is was as a generation.
PowerPikachu21

Con

This is interesting. I haven't watched much of the Sun/Moon anime, though the games are great. For the sake of this debate, generation 1 of Pokemon will be Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, in America. I'll argue that the 7th generation, Sun/Moon, is better, in terms of Pokemon, competitive strategies, and a few extras.

I'll go ahead and make a few quick statements, as the debate's only 3 rounds. Pokemon Sun/Moon has types that aren't present in gen 1; Dark, Steel, and Fairy. This adds more to the metagame, and Fairy can counter the immensely powerful Dragon types, which would've been a struggle in the past.

Sun/Moon also has access to online play, which isn't possible in gen 1. With online play, you can trade with other people accross the globe, or battle them. This is much easier than trying to find someone in your area who has a copy of Sun or Moon. Expanding on the online trading, Sun/Moon has the Global Trading Station, where you deposit a pokemon, and enter which pokemon you'd like in return. There's also Wonder Trade; put any (preferably one you don't like) pokemon, and you'll trade with another person's pokemon. You might get low level pokemon in return, but you might get one you like.

Breeding's also a thing in Sun/Moon. Put one male pokemon and one female pokemon in the nursery, and if their egg egg groups match (usually associated with their typing), you get an egg. Hatching these eggs can give you a pokemon, sometimes with moves from its parents! It's a pretty good way to get the perfect team to competitive play.

Last thing for this round, Sun/Moon has shiny Pokemon! Each pokemon you encounter has a slight chance to be shiny; having a different color. If you like collecting, have at shiny hunting!

All of the things I've listed thus far are features in Pokemon Sun/Moon. Next round, I'll probably tell about even more. Let's see what my opponent has to say.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Welp, that's game. I guess I'll just pet my pokemon in Pokemon Refresh. Maybe I can get a few shinies as well. Again, there's loads of things added into Pokemon over the years.

Also, might as well give out this bit of trivia; people who only like Pokemon's 1st generation and dislike the other generations are called "genwunners". They're definitely missing a much grander experience. Sure, classics are closer to the heart, but nothing compared to the latest in the series (most of the time).
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I think he hasn't seen my argument yet. I really think my round 1 will overwhelm him when he gets back. I haven't even listed all the features Pokemon's added over the years, like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Sorry for the huge 1st round. There's just so much I had to say. I'm sure you have good arguments, though.