Aleksa_Stojkovic
KingJokeAlot

Genesis 10/11 has more explanatory power than any other ancient document

KingJokeAlot has forfeited round #1.

Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

Before I proceed with explaining my position, I have to clear up what would otherwise, inevitably, develop into a misunderstanding between me and a potential opponent: This is not about the historical accuracy of Genesis, or whether the things that are written there really are true, that is not the point of this debate at all - it's only about the explanatory power of whatever is written in Genesis, vs the explanatory power of any other ancient text, whether fiction or not.

Now, to elaborate on my position, I believe that the information you find in Genesis can be used to explain the origin of most of the nations, people groups and such in the Middle East, surrounding regions, and even the world - and I claim, that there is no other ancient document, that can do the same. There is no document that can have the same level of explanatory power. There is no document that when you read it, you can make sense of the world in the same way.

Now, there is a chance that my opponent still has not understood what I meant by "this is not about the historical accuracy of Genesis", and proceed with the objection "but Genesis could have been written after the fact, and therefore have accurate explanations of why things are the way they are today." This of course, completely misses the point. All of the ancient civilizations could have faked documents, according to that logic, and yet, no such documents exist other than Genesis.

I hope I have made myself clear enough, and if I have not, post your concerns in the comment section and I will provide further clarification.
Posted by Aleksa_Stojkovic 5 months ago
Aleksa_Stojkovic
It's fine to be busy in life. I'll send you another one, and you can accept it whenever you feel like it
Posted by KingJokeAlot 5 months ago
KingJokeAlot
I'm really sorry Aleksa, I kept putting this debate off and when I built up the energy to construct a response I had other college work to do.

I'm still very much interested in this topic and if you challenge me on this again I promise I won't waste your time like this again!
Posted by Aleksa_Stojkovic 5 months ago
Aleksa_Stojkovic
Hey King, what happened to our debate?
Posted by KingJokeAlot 5 months ago
KingJokeAlot
Likewise Aleksa_Stojkovic!
Posted by Aleksa_Stojkovic 5 months ago
Aleksa_Stojkovic
Looking forward to an interesting debate, KingJokeAlot!