newstein
Geocentricist

Geocentrism

newstein has forfeited round #3.

newstein

Con

I am taking the position of con for this debate.

Pro will argue geocentrism, or that the earth is the centre of the universe, and must provide logical scientific or mathematical arguments to support this theory.

Con will argue against geocentrism, and must also provide logical scientific or mathematical arguments to support this theory.

Round one is for acceptance only and if my opponent does any more than accept the debate they automatically forfeit the debate.

I wish my opponent luck with their arguments.
Geocentricist

Pro

I accept!
newstein

Con

I have run out of time

count this as a forfeit

Sorry

Post your arguments
Geocentricist

Pro

I believe Earth is spherical and motionless in the center of the universe (not orbiting anything, and not spinning). This is my model, and my main proof for Earth not moving is the 1887 Michelson & Morley experiment.

To describe the experiment in the simplest way possible, they shot two light beams in different directions. One lightbeam was towards the direction they thought Earth was moving. The other lightbeam was perpendicular to this one, but for argument's sake I'll pretend it was directly opposite the first light beam.

If Earth was moving, the first lightbeam wouldn't be measured as fast as the second, because they'd be 'catching up' to that beam as they rode on the moving Earth.

Since the second beam went the other way, and they'd be on Earth zooming away from it, it would seem to travel faster. Specifically, it'd seem to travel at the speed of light plus the speed of Earth.

In reality, they measured practically no difference in the speed of the lightbeams. This proves Earth isn't moving.

Posted by TheOriginalBob 10 months ago
TheOriginalBob
This'll be interesting... XD
Posted by TheOriginalBob 10 months ago
TheOriginalBob
This'll be interesting... XD