George Bush (43) was a better president than Barack Obama
Debate Rounds (3)
the reason that Barack Obama is a better president is simple. it took Bush 8 years just to get a clue of where osama bin laden was. it took Obama 2 years to find and kill him.
1. Obama voted against a law that would protect babies that were born as a result of a botched abortion. Obama feels that they should be able to suffocate to death without any help from the medical expert standing right there.
2. The average unemployment rate under Bush was 5.5% and Under Obama: 7.8%!!! That's a difference of millions of jobs.
3. Obama had no experience going in. All he had to speak of was 1 partial term in the senate. No military, economic, or governing experience.
4. The Bush Administration added $5 trillion to the debt in 8 years. Obama has added $7 trillion in 4.25 years!!!
5. Obama is using the suffering and mourning of the Newtown Connecticut families to exploit a political gain against Republicans. He has introduced 0 laws to stop gun violence.
Being that your argument was quite frankly a joke, I feel that there is no need for me to go on.
it is like you are doing this on purpose. just sit there and think of how many attempts bush made to stop border crossing osama and other things. and you say 5 trillion like its a good thing and its not. obama has created more jobs and has stated less wars than bush. we would not be in debt if bush hadn't started it. and the away bush carried him self as a president was ludicrous. being drunk on national tv and count how many times a shoe has been throw at obama.
teenconservative forfeited this round.
its been nice debating with you but it is now over obama is better than obama no contest
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||5||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Both of you, please use sources! Pro next time do not forfeit any rounds, even if you just say "my argument stands." Con, using an enlarged text size only highlights errors in the text. The debt increase remains in Pros favor, and was only made worse by Cons attempt to dismiss it. Invading non-enemy countries to kill our enemies, nearly negates points of Obama getting us into less wars. Unemployment percentages with a growing population, are a better measure than total jobs created. Plus the fallacy of Bush alone having made this debt mess (think Reaganomics). Basically con failed to make an argument for Obama as even a good president, nor did he make any argument proving Bush as a bad one. Merely tried to lean on "everyone knows it" like how the king wouldn't really walk around naked.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.