griffinisright
bigbass3000

"George Bush is stupid!"

Con Tied Pro

griffinisright

Con

We've all heard the shameful America-bashing from the, Enlightened Ones-the Actors and actresses, reporters and other Bush-bashers who think they walk on water. Id want to know why the media elite gives these tiny minds a pass when they blast the president and his cabinet with adjectives such as "ignorant," "Moronic," and "Stupid." Just because you do not agree with the President does not make him stupid. If you did not vote for him it certainly does not mean that you can just disrespect him. He is still your president weather you like it or not. I cant stand Bill Clinton! I believe he has made many bad decisions in his life and did little for this country but that doesn't mean he is stupid! I also did not vote for him but it doesn't mean he wasn't my president. I respect him because he was my president, and that's about all. But never the less I still do respect him.

It adjectives me to see people making ridiculous claims such as Bush is dumb. It would be one thing if these people had some sort of factual information to back their two cents but they never do. In fact just the other day I was on Facebook and saw an old friend of mine had made some remark that, "I used to think George Bush was stupid, but after listening to his State of the Union Address last night now I KNOW he is stupid."

I don't even get what that is supposed to mean. I mean how can you say someone is stupid after they just addressed the United States of America and even earned standing o.'s from democrats such as Barack Obama?

Just for the record I do not support everything our president has done. In fact some issues I couldn't disagree with him more on such as "the no Child Left Behind act" and his lack of border patrol. I cant stand the fact that President Bush chooses not to pardon people who have put their life on the line protecting our borders, or that he does little to nothing for our troops returning from Iraq. But that does not mean he is stupid.

In this debate I would like to face-off with a liberal, democrat or Ron Paul junkie who believes with all of their heart that George Bush is stupid! That way I can set the record straight when I put them in their place and win this debate.

Good luck to my opponent!
bigbass3000

Pro

My first arguement is simple, that is you should vote for the Pro simply, because the neg has a very bias topic. I cannot prove someone is stupid, so I can simply prove to you that the neg has set a very high burden on me the affirmitive. I define stupid-simply to all you people out there as misguided. We all can agree that Bush is a little misguided sometimes and thus this makes him stupid. First reason, why the war in Iraq, now before I begin I fully support the war on terror, but the war in Iraq was misguided. One reason why, we got into a war witout a clear exit strategy, according to Bill Henrickson, professor of Military strategy at Alabama University write, "A war must have three things to be successful, one it must be based on highly credible intelligence, two it must be a done, taking all the aspects or consequences for the actions and have a high possibility of success, and finaly it must have a exit strategy." First off Bush was misguided and did not have credible evidence, two there was never a high probability of success, and finally, there was no exit strategy. Please vote for the neg, simply because the Aff did not define stupid, and thus cannot deny that Bush was not misguided in the war in Iraq which has cost us billions and soon may last for a long time.
griffinisright

Con

don't mean to make this debate personal because I am not supposed to However you define stupidity as being misguided. That is fine if that is your opinion. But wouldn't that logic make you stupid then seems You said and I quote, "I fully support the war on terror, but the war in Iraq was misguided. " Yet with the same token when I clicked on your profile It CLEARLY states that you are:
United states......................In Favor
Vegetarianism / PETA...............Against
War in Afghanistan.................In Favor
War in Iran........................In Favor
War in Iraq........................In Favor
War on Terrorism...................Against

Now either you just did a hard-core flip-flop or you were "misguided" as to what you were answering to these serious issues. Please enlighten me as to which one is the case for you?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stupid is either an adjective meaning "lacking in intelligence", or a noun meaning "someone (or something) exhibiting stupidity".,

Stupid may also refer to:
Stupid (band), a punk rock band from Brooklyn
Stupid (art movement), a group of artists in Cologne in the 1920s
Stupid.com, a web site
Stupid!, a UK children's television show on CBBC

No ware in this definition or explanation is the word misguided even used let alone mentioned. Go to dictionary.com if you want a second opinion. I was already there not to mention, I looked up stupid in several dictionary's and never with the word misguided mentioned or referenced. If you find on that does I would like to site it myself so please sight it for me.

Not to mention if you look at the definition of misguided never is the word stupid used! Yes at times Bush may be led a stray or he may make the occasional wrong judgement or at times he may have poorly conceived or thought out something but that does not prove him to be stupid. It proves he is HUMAN after all and he CAN be misguided. If it does project that he is stupid as you suggest that same logic would imply that you are stupid for making poor judgements or poorly conceiving or strategising how the president of the United States is stupid!
How do you like me now?

"you should vote for the Pro simply, because the neg has a very bias topic."
Ok look you accepted the challenge to this debate, so don't wine about how you think this is unfair. YOU accepted the challenge.

"I cannot prove someone is stupid"
Ok Debating 101 never get into a debate with someone if you can't prove your point! That is the main purpose of a debate so you can share your insight in a convincing was so you can persuade your opponent and or your audience.

"so I can simply prove to you that the neg has set a very high burden on me"
Again don't cry about how heavy your burden is or how difficult your task is. I set no such burden on you, when YOU accepted the challenge YOU placed the entire "burden" as you call it, upon yourself.

"I define stupid-simply to all you people out there as misguided."
Look jr, if you want to debate me then I suggest you start disputing my accusations, if you want to spout out useless opinions with no factual information to back it then go start a blog! www.townhall.com is a good starting place for you. Don't waist my time!

Man with all the flip-flopping and crying you did I am shocked that you are not supporting Hillary Clinton!

In reference to the war in Iraq you said, "two there was never a high probability of success, and finally, there was no exit strategy."
Ok this is a difficult topic to address with out getting off topic to much seems this is a debate about Bush not the war however, It is an indisputable fact that the war has been more successful as of late than it was when we first went in. How do I know this... 1. U.S. soldiers deaths are down 2. The people of Iraq confess they feel safer and better off sense we have come over there and removed Sodom from power and are policing terrorists. 3. I have MANY friends in the military and MANY who are in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran fighting the war on Terror and every single one of them won't to be there because they say the people love them and appreciate what they are doing to help them even when some people in their own country, the U.S. our country, would fight against them.

Also I don't think any rational president would just sit on their hands after 9/11 and do nothing until they had an exit strategy. We didn't do that when Japs attacked us at Pearl Harbor. We went right over there and fought back. Because we didn't and don't have time to sit around and pontificate and analyze every aspect of what we are doing up to when we finish the war. If we did there is a good chance there would have been another 9/11.

And finally now that I have disputed every argument you have made allow me to make my own. First of all President Bush's formal education included graduating from Yale and then completing a master's of business administration from Harvard's business school ware he received a 3.6 GPA. That's right Harvard and Yale, two of the hardest schools to get accepted into. My guess is Bush was accepted into these schools partly because he scored a 1206 on his SAT's. President Bush also served as managing general partner for five years for the Texas rangers ball club. Not to mention he's been certified as a F-102 pilot and has flown with the Texas Air National Guard during Vietnam. Bush also became Governor of Texas not once but twice in a landslide. He also became the President of the United States of America twice and led the was against Islamo-faschism successfully. Bush also holds the record for the highest approval ratings of any president even among women and minorities. Not to mention Bush received more votes than any other Presidential candidate in history when he won the 2004 election when he beat Senator Kerry by almost 4 million votes!

Some dummy.
bigbass3000

Pro

First off about Iraq, maybe we should of known the disadvantage of being there. When you enter a war you have to have a exit strategy before entering. Bush was misguided and did not have one. We took out a dictator at the expense of Iraq. The reason, why, we took out a sunni leader in a shiite majority country. The shiite stook their revenge on the citizens, once they took back control. Secret prison, extortion and death have been the cause. I believe that the surge is working to protect everyone mostly, but I said we should of had enough troops before so, yes He is misguided. Lastly you got that definition from Wikipedia, which by the way I could write.
Posted by Hypnodoc 9 years ago
Hypnodoc
I think that this debate was less about Bush and more about discrediting those debating.

I think Bush is insane, If anyone in this country said openly "God told me to do it" They would be evaluated by mental health professionals.
Posted by Anonymous 9 years ago
Anonymous
1. How can you formulate an exit strategy for a war you have not yet come close to winning, let alone for one you haven't fought yet?

2. So because the people who were already suicidal terrorists committed more terror in response to Bush trying to end their terror, it makes it his fault for being the one who had the guts to say "let's go finish what you guys should have let my dad finish 10 years ago" ???

What about the Iraq peoples newfound rights? There are just as many of them who love us for helping them as their are those who hate us because they are taught to do so.

We should have had more troops, and Bush wanted them from the start, but congress shot him down. IT is quite possible that we COULD have been out of Iraq by now.
Posted by Anonymous 9 years ago
Anonymous
Bush made the decision he thought was right, even though many people disagreed with him. This is one characteristic of a GOOD leader. The war on terror will never stop, it is true, but who says that it should. More people should be fighting along with us to help ensure that others are not oppressed.

By the way, if he made a little money along the way, more power to him. If you don't like it, go become buy a few oil companies, or even become president since obviously a stupid person can do it.
Posted by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
Oh and just a not to AntiPatriot A 2004 edition of the New yorker reports that, "Bush scored a 1206 on his SAT, 566 of 800 on verbal and 640 of 800 on math. [Since the SAT's scale has since been "reformatted," Bush's score is more like a 1300 today.]" And you said and I quote "I do think that Pres. Bush is stupid, but the Pro did a very poor job of debating. I'm sorry griffinisright you couldn't have a good debate. However, you said:..." I sure hope you did not vote for pro, because you disagree with a comment I made about how Bush got into Harvard and Yale.
Posted by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
First off I would like to address, MarxistKid. My quote in regards to 14, has nothing to do with the person I am debating. Way to go assuming! Now that you have taken a feeble attempt to make an AS$ out of me I will turn this around and make an AS$ out of you. If you would have taken One minuet to go to bigbass3000's profile you would have realised he is in fact 17 years old. And the comment made before my comment was made by a 14 year-old who's mouth and ego is bigger than his 14 year old britches.
I shouldn't be surprised that Big bass has 4 votes because of all of you bush-bashers. However he did fail to debate any of my claims. His last argument was very week, all he did was talk about the war. Until debate.org changes to a vote for your opinion on the topic and who won the debate format, my opponent can not win the argument.
Posted by benames75 9 years ago
benames75
And you are an idiot Chuck Norris is a republican you fagooottt
Posted by benames75 9 years ago
benames75
Ok pro has a lack of information and he continues to try to win voters in the comment section. Pathetic! Con wins.
Posted by bigbass3000 9 years ago
bigbass3000
where did you get the bush intelligence arguement, wikipedia, He got a bachelor's degree in history from Yale University. Not Harvard liar.
Posted by bigbass3000 9 years ago
bigbass3000
a vote for the neg is a vote for Chuck Norris
Posted by bigbass3000 9 years ago
bigbass3000
First off, As I said before, just because I believe in one side doesn't mean, I can't debate both sides. That is what debate really is about. I did not say stupid, I defined it as misguided, as we all are stupid sometimes.
Vote Placed by Julius_Caesar 8 years ago
Julius_Caesar
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by indianajones644 8 years ago
indianajones644
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by Creator 8 years ago
Creator
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 9 years ago
bexy_kelly
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by aodanu16 9 years ago
aodanu16
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by twinkiesunite 9 years ago
twinkiesunite
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by rnsweetswimn1 9 years ago
rnsweetswimn1
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by Garibovic7 9 years ago
Garibovic7
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by RoyTempleton 9 years ago
RoyTempleton
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied
Vote Placed by jlholtzapple 9 years ago
jlholtzapple
griffinisrightbigbass3000Tied