FreedomFighter123
littlelacroix

George Bush is the worst President of the last 75 years.

FreedomFighter123

Pro

George Bush has dramaticly damaged this country internally and externally.
The gap between rich and poor has widened, "The top 10 percent, roughly those earning more than $100,000, also reached a level of income share not seen since before the Depression." and "the top 1 percent of Americans - those with incomes that year of more than $348,000 - receiving their largest share of national income since 1928" (International Herald Tribune)He cut taxes while allowing congress to spend at out of control levels, not to mention two wars. The dollar is doing terrible in the world market, now behind the canadian dollar.

This is just the economic side of this argument.
littlelacroix

Con

Your arguments are one-sided and, ultimately, incorrect. When dealing with economic issues, the only body that can be blamed is Congress. The President can only influence Congress. And the economic situation is one of the littlest parts of Bush's administration when looking at what else we've been facing. As far as your argument goes, you're just trying to find the scapegoat, and, since it is during the Bush administration, you find it acceptable to blame it on him.

One fact that analysts all agree on is that Bush doesn't waver on his political stances due to pressure. Some may try to find fault in that, but as far as Bush goes, there is no fault and in time, Bush will be recognized for his outstanding abilities as president. If we would have pulled out of Iraq awhile ago, like the Democrats wanted, all of the hard work and lives that we had put into that place would've been for nothing as the nation would once again fall under a dictatorship. Not to mention the War on Terror. If we just allow terrorist organizations to keep "bullying" us, then they would control our lives. All of the wars that have been waged have been vital for the success of the United States. And the possible wars with Iran and North Korea will be justified as well.

And before I can continue, I want you, since you created this debate and this topic, to compare him with other presidents over the past 75 years to prove your point. Otherwise, you have lost your entire argument and the debate.
FreedomFighter123

Pro

FreedomFighter123 forfeited this round.
littlelacroix

Con

Since my opponent has not posted any arguments he forfeits the round.

Also, since no refutations has been made I want all of the points in my last speech to follow through, but I do want to follow up one of my arguments one more time. Although Bush's ratings are among the lowest ever in presidential history, I do believe that his ability to stand strong, no matter the Democratic influence, in all of his convictions will prove of his strong leadership. This will be seen in time. During the Reagan Administration, President Reagan wasn't considered a great president himself, but now days, he is held as a top ten president next to George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and even Franklin D. Roosevelt, their terms were just in different situations. Even though I doubt that Bush will be held as highly as Reagan, I do believe that he should move halfway up the list of good and bad presidents.

Thank you
FreedomFighter123

Pro

FreedomFighter123 forfeited this round.
littlelacroix

Con

I really have nothing more to say. My opponent has forfeited the past two rounds and everything that I have said hasn't been argued. I hope that anyone to vote in this round sees that I have put more effort into this debate and that they vote upon that and not whether or not they like President Bush. Thank you.
FreedomFighter123

Pro

FreedomFighter123 forfeited this round.
littlelacroix

Con

Um, I'm not sure what to do here if there is no argumentation. Bush is a good man. That's all I have to say. Thank you.
FreedomFighter123

Pro

FreedomFighter123 forfeited this round.
littlelacroix

Con

I just want to once again state that I hope whoever votes on this, votes because they saw that I actually tried to put effort into this debate, unlike my opponent, and vote accordingly. Thank you
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
Nice. Good flip. Careful though, he just might blow a gasket.
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Well, since what solarman considers a "conservative" is actually a liberal, so what he's really saying is "all liberals are smart."
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
now just laugh at how ridiculous you are.

The wanted wealthy people running the show

Schooling in public policy and governmental theory

speaking out your arse

meteorologists everywhere are all wrong because you

throw out meaningless numbers

scientists would laugh at you

You do realize

all conservatives are smart

Coincidence?
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
Haha! I've stopped feeling bad for you and now just laugh at how ridiculous you are.

The founding fathers were all extremely well-versed in political theory going back to ancient Greece. The wanted wealthy people running the show because they most likely has the same kind of classical education that the fathers themselves had. Schooling in public policy and governmental theory was CRUCIAL to being able to run the country.

Without established statesmen, government loses experience and institutional memory. I don't expect you to know anything about how important of those things are, let alone what they are, since you're much more accustomed to speaking out your arse.

My GPA is actually 3.55, not 2.0. You can't even get two C's in grad school without getting kicked out. It's sad how much of your arguing style relies on baseless assuming.

Riiiiiight. NOAA, scientists at the National Weather Service, the National Academy of Sciences, as well as climatologists and meteorologists everywhere are all wrong because you, who have no background in weather sciences, throw out meaningless numbers. Those REAL scientists would laugh at you like I'm doing now.

You do realize that only three of the scientists that are listed on that wikipedia link would actually agree with you? All the rest of the long list still say global warming is happening. They just debate whether we're doing it or that it is a good thing for us. Next time, choose a source that doesn't do your argument more harm than good.

What do you base your "all conservatives are smart" claim? I base mine on the fact that over 70% of academia is donating to Democrats in this election. Universities have the highest proportion of Ph.d's, and guess what, they're going 70%-30% Democrat. Coincidence? You wish.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
imagine if people with no training in the political process or any understanding of the complexity of issues were actually running the country. Now thats scary

I totally disagree

the founding fathers CLEARLY envisioned professionals from business coming into political life for a few years, and then returning to the private sector

the political class and 30-40 year long politicans (and SC members ) is to me the CRUX of the problem

We need more points of view in congress other than C- poly sci students and second rate hack lawyers

"I don't know why you speak so highly of actual scientists when they all agree that global warming is real and we are causing it. Don't disparage academics just because they are smarter than you and have dedicated their lives to understanding the world around them."

FAR MORE REAL scientists who are NOT on the take DISAGREE with the nonsense that CO@ is causing runaway Global warming and it is the end of us all.

It is PREPOSTEROUS to say that CO2 at 350 ppm, which we all breathe out, and plants use as their primary food, is a pollutant, or that it , at a concertration of 1/1000 H20 is a factor AT ALL in global climate, - COMPLETE NONSENSE

proof : http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.deanesmay.com...

It is a NONSENSE theory, and it only a scheme to scare, control and tax us- just watch what the players and what they propose

do they propose nucelar energy ? no

do they propose hydrogen energy? no

do they propose TAXING the USA ? yes

It's no coincidence that the more educated you are, the more liberal you are.

this is NONSENSE

liberals are in general , dumd as rocks and able to be easily fooled by democrat propaganda

ALL SMART PEOPLE are conservatives

Name ONE prominent liberal who is smart- the CONSERVATIVES completely own the day

You prove liberal gullibility
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
Then why don't you spend your time here instead of hard science sites? After all of your failed debates, haven't you figured out yet that the vast majority of debates on this site deal with public policy issues? If you actually believe that public policy is inferior to those hard sciences, then you're wasting your time on here.

Education and wisdom usually go with age, but you have proven time and time again that it isn't a hard and fast rule. One might expect that someone of your age would have adopted a logical argument style based on evidence and reason. Instead, you argue positions based on nothing more than your own opinion and artificially-inflated ego.

If you think we screw up the country, imagine if people with no training in the political process or any understanding of the complexity of issues were actually running the country. Now thats scary.

I don't know why you speak so highly of actual scientists when they all agree that global warming is real and we are causing it. Don't disparage academics just because they are smarter than you and have dedicated their lives to understanding the world around them.

It's no coincidence that the more educated you are, the more liberal you are. No wonder why you're so conservative. :)
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
you say

"Years have nothing to do with wisdom or intelligence. Education is about quality, not quantity."

I say POPPYCOCK

Age has ALOT to do with wisdom - it has EVERYTHING to do with EXPERIENCE

and as far as education goes, Im sorry but public policy learning to suck on the teat of government is PATHETIC compared to

Chemical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Physics
Chemistry
BioChemistry

and other such WEIGHTY TRULY intellectual subjects that end up BENEFITTING society

leftist social studies fools at Universities end up getting into government and causing ALL the problems that we have.

We need WAY MORE scientists and engineers and REAL people with a REAL education in government, instead of all these overgrown poly sci morons who are WAY over their head

Instead of these MORONS pushing 'global warming"
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
And as I already pointed out to you, years have nothing to do with wisdom or intelligence. Education is about quality, not quantity. Besides, you've already admitted that I have more formal education than you when you first wondered what degrees I had when you were complaining about wanted to debate someone with at least a BS in your CS debate. Sigh. Here I am disappointed in you again for thinking you'd be consistent in your logic. Your short term memory must really be suffering. Conservative was the dominant paradigm since Reagan, but that's quickly changing after Bush's and the republicans' total bungling of the last 8 years. If you had any ability for objective reasoning, you'd realize how good it is to be a liberal Democrat right now. I'm excited! :) Here's to your side being totally incompetent. Cheers!
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Excuse me brillant socialist policy wonk , but I have many many more years of experience and education that you

by far

so who is inflating themself?

UHMMMMMMM

that would be YOU

CONSERVATIVE public policy in the DOMINANT paradigm

and will be for the LONG TERM

someday maybe you will get a clue

SOLARMAN
Posted by mindjob 9 years ago
mindjob
"Extending the sphere" means nothing to solarman, even though he probably benefits from it more than anyone else on this site. People enamored with themselves tend to inflate their position's popularity. Keep that in mind when you or anyone reads solarman's comments.

Solarman, I don't attack out of insecurity. I call you out because "people who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do". I am a public policy wonk. I study it, historically and presently, and know a thing or two because of it. You would do well by listening to people who dedicate their lives to understanding the intricacies of issues and proscribe workable solutions to them. Get over yourself and clear the purple haze surrounding your brain before claiming any authority on an issue.
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 7 years ago
Pyromaniac
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by Excessum 8 years ago
Excessum
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by littlelacroix 9 years ago
littlelacroix
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by cooljpk 9 years ago
cooljpk
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by huntertracker6 9 years ago
huntertracker6
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by dfhahadfh 9 years ago
dfhahadfh
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by Insene 9 years ago
Insene
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by ahole 9 years ago
ahole
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by kykrebs 9 years ago
kykrebs
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by simplyme 9 years ago
simplyme
FreedomFighter123littlelacroixTied