Adam2
adrianajones

George Juergens ("Secret Life of an American Teenager") was a douchebag

Adam2

Pro

I will argue the case on top. First is for acceptance.

He has a Klan member's personality.
adrianajones

Con

Adam2

Pro

I will start by saying this...
on the show, he has a very arrogant personality, in the way he treats others, even within his family. He has a very holier-than-thou attitude, which contrasts greatly with the warm-hearted and welcoming other family on the show. He talks very rudely. It's almost as if this guy is the modern-day Jack Cates.
Now according to wikipedia, this guy is a womanizer, who has destroyed other marriages he was in.
http://secretlife.wikia.com...

He is Archie Bunker and Jack Cates combined, tamed down for the sake of family audience.
adrianajones

Con

adrianajones forfeited this round.
Adam2

Pro

As you can see the guy is a douchebag. In my opinion he is worse than Hitler or the Fascists. To simply put in a parable, he's no different from Michael Glazer. This guy is rude, he's arrogant. The opposite family in the show is a much better family for that reason. They're very welcoming. I guarantee you, if you were homeless or on the road, the family of the other character would welcome you before the racist Juergens do.
adrianajones

Con

I had an entire argument planned out, however due to the various groups/people that Pro has compared the fictional character, George Juergens to, I thought I would focus on that.

1. "Klan member"s personality"
To even compare a fictional character to the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is absolutely absurd. The KKK is classified as a hate group who has done unspeakable things in the history of the United States. I find it appalling to even try and compare a character in a show, to having a Klan like personality.

2. Hitler
Adolf Hitler was the leader of the Nazi Part, and played a pivotal part in the Holocaust, when approximately 11 million people were killed. I could go on about the horrible actions that Hitler carried out, but I am sure you are all aware Again; I find it appalling and absurd to compare a fictional character to a person who brought so much terror into the world.

Kathleen Bowman cheated on George in their marriage, which also happened to be George"s first marriage. He was truly in love with Kathleen, so it is understandable that this was a very traumatic experience for him.
His next marriage to Annette Scott, previously Anne Juergens also failed. Why? Because she eventually admits that she is gay.
So to say that George has "destroyed every marriage he was in" is not actually factual.

Though he has a hard time showing it, he truly cares about his family.

I would like to end my argument with a quote from George that truly captures his tolerance for others.

"People want to believe that gays are born gay, but to me that implies there"s a reason people are gay and to me that implies that there needs to be a reason I don't like people blaming being gay on genetics or anything else because no blame needs to be assigned. People are gay or they're not and it doesn't matter where that comes from... No one has found a gay gene and I question why we're even looking for one."

I think that everyone can agree that neither a member of the Klan or Hitler would ever say such a thing.

I would like to add that Pro posted a link to a website, when instead he should have written out his arguments.
Adam2

Pro

1. "Klan member"s personality"
Oh he's the same as the Klan.
2. Hitler

I actually meant that in favor of the Nazis and Fascists. Juergens is WORSE, MUCH WORSE than the Nazis. That's what I meant. This isn't a comparison. I'm saying the Nazis and Fascists were better than him.

Didn't you see what the link I gave you? Yeah, they cheated, but hey, he cheated first. It was like that always. I don't have any sympathy for this Klansman. He acts like an arrogant douche and a bully.

Proof?

I don't think you get it: I was making him equal to the Klan, and WORSE than the Nazis or the Fascists. Last time I checked the latter of the 3 did not go around lychning blacks and steal native's land.

I gave links
adrianajones

Con

1. You claim that "he's the same as the Klan", however you provide no factual proof as to the similarities between them. Nevertheless, I stand by my original claim that comparing a fictional character to a Klan member is absolutely preposterous.

2. The fact that you are claiming that George Juergens, a fictional character in a TV show, is worse than the Nazis and Fascists is disgusting. I am sure that the people on this website, who will be voting, are smart enough to understand that this is insane. Therefore, I am not even going to dignify this with an actual response.

3. Yes, I saw the link that you posted; however you cannot expect me, or anyone else, to click on a link and go investigate. If you have something that you would like to prove, then write it out. However, just for the sake of proving my case, I did check the link and there is nothing there that says George cheated first. It says, "Prior to his marriage to Anne, George was first married to Kathleen Bowman, Grace's mother. This was George and Kathleen's first marriage, but it ended badly when Kathleen cheated on George." [1]

As for the quote I gave, the link to it is posted below. [2]

Again, claiming that a fictional character is "equal to the Klan, and worse than the Nazis or Fascists", is absurd. If the people voting have any common sense, and truly understand history, I should win this debate.

You posted one link, when you should have written out your arguments.

[1] http://secretlife.wikia.com...
[2] http://www.imdb.com...