MIMIGIRL1234
MikeyMike

Girls are better than boys.

MikeyMike

MIMIGIRL1234

Pro

Girls are better than boys. Look at it from this perspective. Girls are very neat and tidy, as well as well mannered and respectful. Boys, most are naughty and get in trouble more often than girls do. Girls are the only one who can have kids to grow the population.Also I got in Brisbane High and so did all the other girls did but not one single boy did. Boys are stronger but that doesn't always mean power and the best. Girls come and stand and show what we are!!! Creativity for one is a special talent girls are brought up with. Fluency is perfect. Pretty hair and a much better taste in fashion and cooking, and obviously a better person!! Girls are what we call the first class. There is a saying 'Ladies first' but no 'Men first' in any of our everyday language.Girls make better choices, for the future and cares about others as well as themselves. Girls have a good will to be who they are and have a true spirit. Not many girls steal or do any thing bad unless told. They have a mind which is well used. Girls have a talent of their own. They have a spirit. Come on girls! Show the boys who we are!
MikeyMike

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for presenting the opportunity to debate this topic. I will assume that the first round is for acceptance. My opponent did not put forth a clear definition of the word better so I will take the liberty of doing it myself.

"Better" will be defined as: "Of a more excellent or effective type or quality"

Let's agree to not play any silly games of semantics as I feel like this is a topic that leaves many openings for such.

No new arguments may be presented in the third round.

I urge the viewers from making any comments that can help or hurt either party, and I also urge that you all vote based on who presented the best arguments, not which view you personally agree with.

Kumite
MIMIGIRL1234

Pro

Fair words.
This would definitely be an interesting topic.
To start let me give you my reason of 'better' I believe that the word 'better' means a person who is helpful and is worth more than the other person. So lets look at it from this perspective. Boys are strong, helpful at work, good at lifting heavy things around the house.Girls, on the opposite is creative, have a better taste and is very tidy. Boys use power as girls use their brains. But look at it from this way. If we had no girls there will be no children. Also food is important and girls can cook the best. Normally mums cook instead of dads. So are boys better or girls?Five Reasons Girls Are Better Than Boys 5. Girls perform better at school Girls are more likely to achieve higher grades than boys at GCSE and A-level. Among the suggested explanations for this disparity is the tendency for girls to mature earlier than boys, and therefore to be easier to teach. Adolescence for girls usually begins at age 12, whereas boys start to mature, on average, two years later at age 14. Boys are also more prone to hyperactivity (ADD) and dyslexia, which may affect their performance in school. Are girls better than boys? What's your view? Join the discussion on our message board! 4. Women live longer UK life expectancy figures have increased dramatically over the past century (men and women born in 1901 were only expected to reach the ages of 48 and 51.6 respectively). But the gap separating the sexes still remains prominent. Figures for 2008 show life expectancy for men to be 77.2 years, while the average woman can expect to live until she is 81.5. Men are also much more likely to commit suicide: three-quarters of the suicides in 2007 were committed by men. This has been blamed on social expectations for men not to verbalise their emotions. 3. Women make better citizens In the UK, women make up less than 6 per cent of the total prison population (2005 statistics). It has been argued that the substantial gap between the number of male and female prisoners exists because judges show greater leniency towards female offenders in order to avoid separating mothers from children. Yet the nature of the crimes committed by women"the most common are shop-lifting, fraud and drug offences"differ from those committed by men, and suggest that female offenders pose less threat to public safety. More on Encarta " Top 10 Natural Remedies " 10 Things You Didn't Know About Chocolate " How Does Your Sat Nav Work? 2. Women are safer drivers Contrary to the popular stereotype, women are in fact safer drivers than men. In 2006 an overwhelming majority, 97 per cent, of motorists convicted of dangerous driving were male. While women are more likely to make low-level mistakes, such as stalling at a junction, men are prone to taking greater and more life-threatening risks, such as drink-driving or speeding.
MikeyMike

Con

Thank you for your speedy reply Pro.

I would like to point out that Pro really did not make any arguments of her own. Pro
s own words: "Girls, on the opposite is creative, have a better taste and is very tidy. Boys use power as girls use their brains. But look at it from this way. If we had no girls there will be no children. Also food is important and girls can cook the best. Normally mums cook instead of dads."
She stated that without girls there would be no children, but she seems to forget that a baby sprouts from a diploid cell that is comprised of two haploids, sperm, and egg, each coming from the mother and father respectively. Without males, there would also be no children.

Her points about girls using their brains, cooking better, being tidier, and more creative, are completely objective and she doesn't provide any sources to try and back them up.

Her following statements don't deserve to be recognized because they clearly aren't her words. She appears to have copied and pasted her 5 points on why girls are better than boys from some Internet source, and she didn't even source them.

I hope Pro is aware that the BOP is on her here and she's going to have to come up with some solid proof as to why her claim is right, otherwise she will lose this debate.
MIMIGIRL1234

Pro

Very Perspective...

The points made below may be copied, but are my friends work so do not disrespect them.
I have to prove my points done a survey. It wasn't a very big one, but exceptionally fair. I have asked random people to vote. Of course I have surveyed, 25 girls and 25 boys to make this fair for everyone. Surprisingly 5 boys voted that girls were better for certain reasons. Others voted for their gender. The 5 boys interested me in a very strange way. They did not say anything about talents or being powerful or usefulness.

The five boys said, "As far as I know, over the past years, I've made many mistakes, all fixed by girls, for they knew how to overcome my problems." All the five boys said similar statements.

My point is, now that I see that both girls and boys usefulness, I agree that boys and girls are equal and that without them, we will not exist.
MikeyMike

Con

Thanks to Pro for the quick response.

As you can see, pro has just admitted that she copied her 5 points from her friend. She also claims to have done a survey on the resolution, but she again fails to provide any evidence of such. Surely we are not expected to take her at her word here.

To top it all off, my opponent started off as Pro for the resolution "Girls are better than boys" but then she finishes her last round by saying "My point is, now that I see that both girls and boys usefulness, I agree that boys and girls are equal and that without them, we will not exist." She has negated her own resolution by agreeing that Girls are equal to boys. Who was she agreeing with? I never said anything about both sexes being equal, but nevertheless, Pro has essentially lost this debate with her last few words.
Posted by Mvla 3 years ago
Mvla
Girls have better taste is not true it all depends on your opinion and frankly I find that quite sexist
Posted by CAML 3 years ago
CAML
I was just INFURIATED by PRO's argument,on the part about girls can cook better then boys..Then why you hardly see women chiefs but mostly male chiefs?
Posted by Jegory 4 years ago
Jegory
I was just INFURIATED by PRO's argument, especially the part about girls being more clever than boys. What about Einstein, Darwin, Dawkins, Stephen Hawkins and all the other great scientists? What about CS Lewis, Dickens and Shakespeare; were they not creative?? I found your remarks extremely sexist and generalised to the extreme.
Posted by MikeyMike 4 years ago
MikeyMike
I didn't know plagiarism was a valid way of argument, and I definitely didn't know that plagiarism deserved conduct points. Hmmm, news to me.
Posted by Coinsruledude 4 years ago
Coinsruledude
This proves that sexism goes both ways.
Posted by Legitdebater 4 years ago
Legitdebater
Burden of Proof is on you Pro. One question: Do you have legitimate evidence and sources to affirm your claim? Might want to think about that......
Posted by xXCryptoXx 4 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Lol, that was an entertaining read.
Posted by MisterDeku 4 years ago
MisterDeku
Well this isn't sexist at all.
Vote Placed by Shadowguynick 4 years ago
Shadowguynick
MIMIGIRL1234MikeyMikeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con refuted all of pro's arguments, and pro admitted at the end that she changed her mind. Pro also made some strange grammatical mistakes.
Vote Placed by Jegory 4 years ago
Jegory
MIMIGIRL1234MikeyMikeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: PRO admitted she stole the work from her friends. Arguments: PRO's arguments were entirely one perspective and CON had no trouble ripping them to shreds.
Vote Placed by ModusTollens 4 years ago
ModusTollens
MIMIGIRL1234MikeyMikeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Pro
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
MIMIGIRL1234MikeyMikeTied
Reasons for voting decision: "My point is, now that I see that both girls and boys usefulness, I agree that boys and girls are equal" <- sounds like pro FF towards the end of the debate, although her arguments before then werent that great to begin with
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
MIMIGIRL1234MikeyMikeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Why Pro Why, Did you make the statement at the end, that boys and girls were equal, I had you as the winner until your very last words.....Con Cherry picked an easy argument to rebuttal from Pro, and that was the no women no children argument, obviously it takes two to create a child. other than that, Con refused to address the multitude of other points offered by Pro, making out that because Pro offered no sources he can just outright ignore them , I don't agree, and would have awarded the victory to Pro if not for her final words, that boys and girls are equal...Conduct to Pro, because Pro actually did make arguements, even if plagiarized, there was no rule that disallowed that. and arguments to Con. Simply because Pro slipped up at the end. and on a side note, Girls are much better looking.