prerna011
stargate

Girls are raped because of their dressing sense?

stargate

prerna011

Con

I'm a girl. I'm a citizen of India. India is usually seen as a place where there are poor, poverty stricken people. Recently I got to know that India is given a new significance as a place where 'girls are raped'! unfortunately not only India girls are being raped all over the world, most saddening part is most of the cases are ignored or are not being solved.
Girls are being raped for their dressing sense, wow I mean fabulous what an excuse! There are people who say jeans arouse the guys feeling for having sex and eventually lead to forcing a girl and physically exploiting a girl. I would rather say man there isn't any problem in jeans but in your genes! what a shame, a girl who is already going through so much is being accused of her dressing sense. A pathetic excuse, ashamed of being in a society where such people exist!
stargate

Pro

While yes it is some what true about the dressing habits. But that dose not mean it is the main reason. It might play a big part in the hole crime but is not thee main reason, at least I think it isn't. I think that they most likely do that when they see people who well look hot. That or people who disagree with them, so they rape them to humiliate them.
prerna011

Con

is it our fault if we look hot, is it our fault if we look
There are men too who people find sexy, does it in any sense mean we have the right to exploit them?
We are having numerous laws in every country against rapist. In India it is 7 years of jail and some compensation according to the degree of harm. Is it worth it? I mean a women who has been physically and mentally harmed and one who barely has a chance to come up through this all her life? Moreover she has to face the society after all this! All my life i have been thinking if women wewn't strong enough but women are................they are strong, its just our bodies. God has given us the responsibility to give birth to a child somewhere i thing this is the reason. Pathetic!
stargate

Pro

I know that rape is wrong. But dressing sense is just not the main reason. Most of those people who rape are probably just so messed in there head, and that they have almost no idea what they are doing. That or the friends where pressuring them, or they just did it because they could. Rape has happened throughout history sometimes it is the army trying to do a ethic cleaning, sometimes it is a political corruption. Yes people have a right to be fearful about that. But do not let that fear rule your life. What I am trying to say there are many problems surrounding this. now sometimes it is dressing secse I think it is not the main reason.
prerna011

Con

I just read a beautiful line " If you see a rose don't pluck it, instead nurture it. It will provide you fragrance and peace!"
girls are beautiful, God made them with all the delicacy and love. Respect is all the want and need. Dear guys respect women around you as your mother, your sister, your lover, your friend. They are wonderful and life without them will not exist. cheers to women power!!!
stargate

Pro

Men should respect woman, they should know that rape is just wrong. But I do not so rape stopping anytime soon. Rape is a crime and it should and needs to end. The sooner the better, but that will not happen without cracking down on the criminal element.
Posted by prerna011 1 year ago
prerna011
cool (Y)
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Also I know I made misstakes with spelling but, but I will make sure to look over my post more. To ensure that there are less spelling errors.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Also I just saw that i misspelled on the last round. Instead of, But I do not so rape stopping anytime soon. Rape is a crime and it should and needs to end. It should be, But I do not think rape will end anytime soon. Rape is a horribly crime that needs to end. People that rape other people should be given the death penalty. That is what it should say.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
So I wonder if anyone will vote.
Posted by prerna011 1 year ago
prerna011
oh yeah!
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Well I did the same thing so....
Posted by prerna011 1 year ago
prerna011
oh sorry anyways.....continue
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Also you do know con means you are against that. Your whole argument is a pro stance yet you are a con stance.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
People who do that have problems and should be punished.
Posted by Rachana 1 year ago
Rachana
U r right. M in ur favour..its a wrong statement..problem is not in girls dresses..problem in boys..
Vote Placed by patrick967 1 year ago
patrick967
prerna011stargateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not really any counter arguments from either side, but Pro's were more logical. God, I think, isn't a good source for protesting rape because of Deuteronomy 22:28-29 where the victim must marry their attacker.
Vote Placed by Chain 1 year ago
Chain
prerna011stargateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stargate had better grammar with less spelling errors. Prerna011 lost argument points since her points when nowhere and were sometimes irrelivant to the debate. And She seems to miss the most obvious thing she belives that even if you dress in a very VERY revealing outfit in public it's not partially your fault for trying to get hit on instead you get raped sadly my head hurts from the amount of times i hit my head on the desk during this debate
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
prerna011stargateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides raised a lot of impertinent points, and the debate eventually turned into 'rape should be stopped' and similar. The few arguments that pertained to the resolution were bare assertions, such as 'I would rather say man there isn't any problem in jeans but in your genes' and 'It might play a big part in the hole crime but is not thee main reason, at least I think it isn't'. I'm giving arguments to Con because Pro pretty much conceded in R2: 'But dressing sense is just not the main reason.'
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 1 year ago
PatriotPerson
prerna011stargateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro because some of Con's points seemed to be irrelevant to the resolution at hand, as so in Round 3 when she advocated women's power instead of referring to rape as the topic dictates. Spelling and Grammar to Con because though I noticed mistakes in both of their writing, Pro made more. For example, he used "hole" for "whole", "dose" for "does", and "secse" for "sense".