Girls get better grades than boys in school

Chloe4091 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

It seems that girls are smarter than boys. Throughout the years girls have outperformed boys from studying more and spending less time on video games. Girls are always more dedicated to getting work done and are more focused and alert in school. The girls in my class have always done their homework as soon as they get it or is done as soon as possible, whereas the boys are always doing it last minute or on the day are scrambling for answers. Another thing is girls put a lot of effort into their work and have always done their best, but that's not just the case with boys where they look like they are doing the work correctly but actually not a lot of effort is put into the work.

I have to disagree. Smarts are down to the individual regardless of their gender. In my school there are girls who cannot be bothered to complete their homework and are always handing it in late or 'forgetting' to complete it. I myself have been one of those girls on a handful of occasions. And, of course, there are always the boys who take part in all the extra-curricular they can and love learning and soaking up knowledge. There are girls like this and boys like the girls I mentioned earlier. I can name a few boys in my year who always go the extra mile in things such as science projects, building elaborate models and using their knowledge of technology to make fun, original presentations. There are girls and boys who will do the bare minimum. I feel there fore that girls and boys are equally matched and the thing that sets them apart is their attitude to school. This has nothing to do with the genitalia of a student.
Posted by Snazzy 1 month ago
Setting aside the fact that spinster has agreed with Zaephou that she is a hypocrite, let's look at some of her arguments.

"Gender is not a factor in brains"
As I have said before, male brains are connected more WITHIN hemispheres and women's brains are connected more BETWEEN hemispheres, suggesting that male brains may specialize in motor skills, and female brains may specialize in combining analytical and intuitive thinking. (

"Men and women should have equal opportunities"
Equal opportunities does not ensure equal success. In jobs like construction where males make up most of the workers, women in general will simply not work as well. It's in the way our brains are "programmed".

Women do not have the "ability to learn the same things and put that same knowledge to practice" as men.
Once again the issue comes up of you not showing a source. Are you just making up things? If anything, women are getting accepted into college more than men not because of intelligence or accolades, but because they need people to fill their confounded women's studies courses.
Posted by spinster 1 month ago
Exactly @zaephou ! It is down to the individual I completely agree. Gender is not a factor in brains so the fact that there are unequal numbers of men to women is silly as men and women should have equal opportunities, the ability to learn the same things and put that same knowledge to practice. I could not agree more. No work area should be dominated by a single gender as the individual brains are what makes a person successful.
Posted by Zaephou 1 month ago
What's funny is she says that when girls do better than boys in education she says it is down to the individual, but on her most recent debate the fact that there are more men in more successful job fields is somehow a gender issue and women should be give the leg up.

Hypocrisy at it's finest!
Posted by amanjn 1 month ago
According to me,there should not be discrimination on the basis of gender.Actually school is a place which teaches us that we are human beings who has the capability to do things that are not possible why
there is debate on who is better and who is worst..Every girl and every boy has the capability to do better
in their life..I have many examples which can prove that girls and boys are J.k rowling (harry potter series writer),kalpana chawla and many others..but we many countries where girls are not the given the right to have education...
Posted by 21MolonLabe 1 month ago
Me: *is valedictorian*
Also Me: *is male*
Posted by PsychicPhysicist 1 month ago
So... What motion are you proposing?

"Girls are smarter than boys"?
"Girls get better grades than boys"?
"Girls try harder than boys"?