AC
Sydn3y

Girls in abusive relationships are either too scared or too involved to get out

AC

AC

Pro

Resolved: Girls in abusive relationships are too involved, not too scared to get out. I'm not going to be formal with this topic, because I really don't like formal things, and this isn't for school. If you look at the stories, the interviews, the dead bodies etc. you can see the result of girls refusing to get out of a relationship. Even when they know that they can be seriously physically, emotionally, or mentally hurt, they still stay. Usually the girls who do get out just get right back in with some jewelry or sweet words. I know everyone's tired of this example, so am I, but take Rihanna. Her and Chris were together for a while. Another girl texted him, she got mad, through it out the window, and Chris beat her like she was the Devil. We've all seen the pictures. What I don't understand is even though she pressed charges, she still went back to him. For what? Publicity, and an expensive diamond ring. Jewelry doesn't raise the dead! Sweet words and chocolate don't take away the pain. I truly feel sorry for girls in abusive relationships. They know they're in danger and they don't leave. There was a woman in Indiana. She was in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend. He beat her so hard, he rearranged her face. Literally. She had to have her nose taken off. He's in jail, and says he still loves her. She's alive, and she still wants him back! Now you tell me, what kind of love is that? Or if that doesn't suit you, how about this? There was a young woman, a student at Texas A&M. She and her boyfriend lived together. Whenever he got mad, he would hit her. She knew she was in an abusive relationship, and her family did too. When she finally had sense enough to figure out she needed to get out, it was too late. He got mad one night, and killed her. I forgot whether or not he stabbed her, beat her, or shot her, but there was blood everywhere in their bathroom. To get rid of the evidence, he chopped up her body and grilled it! Why can't women see that they need to get out of relationships before it's too late? Shhe thought it was love. One should never get so involved with a relationship that they can't see past the smile and the mirage. I don't mean all girls, just the ones in the vast majority of the ones in the abusive relationships. My debate is, is the reason girls don't get out of abusive relationships because they're too scared or are they too involved? I say that they are too involved.
Sydn3y

Con

Women in abusive relationships don't really many choices. Men are bigger and stronger. Of course the girls are too scared to do anything, or maybe they're just in denial. What are they going to do? Beat the guy up? Shoot him in his sleep and go to jail for life?
Women that put up with this are spineless. Tell someone!
AC

Pro

AC forfeited this round.
Sydn3y

Con

Sydn3y forfeited this round.
AC

Pro

AC forfeited this round.
Sydn3y

Con

Sydn3y forfeited this round.
Posted by b_jay 6 years ago
b_jay
i'm sure in many cases you may be right. however it appears the problem unfortunately lies in the background of the more serious cases. alot of people involved in this type of relationship are attracted to one another because of these characteristics existing. a violent man, a timid woman, both probably don't know much better in how to behave rationally. values come from your environment and what your parents demonstrate in it will have a great influence in how you view the 'norm'. the women may well be too scared or too involved as you put it to get out, either reason you state are typical attributes that arise in dysfunctional relationships which comes from what they believe.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Seriously con?

If anyone hits me I hit them back. And that applies to guys that are much bigger than me and more well trained (foot ball and wrestling) too. (and I've had to fight them a few times because some sexist people keep saying "girls don't have choices their too weak, they can't fight for themselves"
That helps no one. Sometimes a guy needs to get help, sometimes a girl does. Gender has nothing to do with what needs to happen.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
Yea, I agree with alto2osu. There is nothing for the con side to argue against. You are only making a general statement, that is not really debateable.
Posted by alto2osu 7 years ago
alto2osu
While it doesn't need to be overly "formal," this is a bad debate waiting to happen...you need some structure of argument so that your opponent knows where to go. Like, if I wanted to mount an argument about how battered women are responsible for their own destinies, and how they need to have the agency to leave on their own, would that actually be a response? Like, what's your advocacy? What is there to argue against?
Posted by FlashFire 7 years ago
FlashFire
Do you mean all girls? Give some definitions.
Vote Placed by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
ACSydn3yTied