bellawins
Samyisrael97

Girls should be allowed to wear leggings to school

Started: 4/17/2016 Category: Fashion

bellawins

Pro

I am representing the Pro, I believe that girls should be allowed to wear leggings in school. My opponent would be saying that girls should not wear leggings to school. There will be five rounds.

First off I would just like to say one thing, leggings make up 90% of my pants/shorts. I wear leggings all the time, there is nothing wrong with leggings. They are super comfortable. I hate pants because they are often stiff and I especially don't like the seam on the crotch, also for comfort reasons. I am a girl and I love leggings and I have nothing to be ashamed of. So why are schools trying to enforce a no leggings dress code?
Samyisrael97

Con

Girls wearing leggings to school is not a good norm, the school is an educational environment were people are being developed in skills and talent. The purpose of the school is not in present time, but for future purposes, so how can you tell a banking student to wear leggings to school, and claim she is being trained. Wearing leggings might not improve or decrease her performance, but what about her ethics, her life style, the community, and as I said, a banker, what will the customers perceive of the bank were she works for. thank you
bellawins

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge.
My opponent says "how can you tell a banking student to wear leggings to school, and claim she is being trained." And then they go on to say that leggings don't affect their performance. Then they claim it affects their ethics, lifestyle, and community. I can see how it affects her lifestyle in a way. Some people prefer to have a life style wear they wear business pants suits, and some prefer to wear leggings and t shirts. But in what way does it affect her community? Why should her neighbor or colleague or fellow student care what she wears? Then my opponent says "what will the customers perceive of the bank she works for" Well, normally people don't pay attention to what kinds of pants the tellers at a bank are wearing, especially because at most banks there are desks, so a customer can't see the tellers pants any way. Why should the way a bank worker dresses affect what people think of the bank. Unless the worker is wearing a bathingsuit, some sort of halloween costume, or nothing at all why should it matter what they're wearing?
Samyisrael97

Con

My opponent just said, they should not mind what she wear, then she can wear a swim suit to work.
my opponent believe that girls can wear leggings to school, so have asked yourself if it is right, being that the original creation of leggings is being diverted. They were originally designed as a comfortable alternative for exercising and this is the only place they should ever be worn! So it means the original reason have been diverted by fashion gurus, not to forget that the person created such for a purpose and if used for another purpose, may cause unpredictable problems for our beautiful ladies.
bellawins

Pro

bellawins forfeited this round.
Samyisrael97

Con

Samyisrael97 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

bellawins forfeited this round.
Samyisrael97

Con

Samyisrael97 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

bellawins forfeited this round.
Samyisrael97

Con

Samyisrael97 forfeited this round.
Posted by randomperson111 10 months ago
randomperson111
I really don't get why we shouldn't be allowed to wear leggings. I wear them all the time.... IT'S UNFAIR
Posted by bellawins 10 months ago
bellawins
So sorry for forfeiting, I was busy!
Posted by JaeMfair 10 months ago
JaeMfair
Girls should be allowed to wear leggings to school because it is their body and instead of teaching girls to shame their bodies we should teach the boys to stop being pervs and to start respecting a girls body. Also by sending a girl home or putting her in, in school suspension(ISS) or even making her change you are interrupting her education and learning just so that a boy isn't distracted, by doing that it is teaching the youth and females that a boys education is more important than a females.
Posted by ChelleYoung15 10 months ago
ChelleYoung15
I think girls should be allowed to wear leggings, because high school is where you are suppose to be allowed to express yourself not be told you cant wear this and you cant wear that. At school you are sitting on your but all of the time so how is it interrupting the male students. We should be allowed to be wear what we want. In college you do not have a dress code as strick as you have in High School. So I think the dress code should be released.
Posted by Holdon 10 months ago
Holdon
The argument usually is, it's distracting for the guys. To that point, I agree. Many guys are distracted by a girl in leggings. The girls will say, he is objectifying her and he should learn to control himself. In truth, guys do control themselves on this matter. But I think guys should wear them too. Then we can see if there is a distraction effect on females, when guys are also wearing leggings. It would be interesting for the other side to see what it's like when they are subjected to the outline of the opposite gender so freely all day. In the guys' case, they could wear long shirts to cover their fronts. But on this argument, what you need is an equal footing scenario to really decide it. You can't really decide anything when one side is the only one benefitting from the clothing.

For myself, I wear sport leggings as pants. And true, it's not as common for guys to do that. But I like being comfortable too, so I often wear them out in public. What I've noticed is, it can be very distracting to some ladies. Some will causally look, but others will look repeatedly and on the rare occasion, they stare. And I do wear a longer shirt to cover my front. I'm not trying to show myself off. But just being able to see the silhouette of my legs is enough to get their attention. I think if more girls in school experienced that, they would appreciate it more when guys say girls in leggings distracts them. Because leggings on guys seems to distract girls too.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But the girls need to understand, they've had the advantage of wearing the garment alone for the last 20 years or so. Guys are starting to wear leggings now too. So that might change the girl's minds about whether or not it's too distracting for the guys, when girls wear leggings in school. My guess is, some girls would have a hard time concentrating just like the guys.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 10 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Well I think it is a simple answer. The School itself is someone else's property. So they call the rules. If they have a dress code, by law we abide by it. Now whether we should have to go to school or not, is a different subject. However we do go to School, and henceforth must follow its rules.
Posted by GoOrDin 10 months ago
GoOrDin
@mongo,
taking a stance in this debate will make me sound like a pervert either way I swing it.
Posted by bellawins 10 months ago
bellawins
I quite agree with @mangolife23. And for those who don't know, leggings are like stretchy pants. Sometimes worn under dresses or skirts. They are super comfortable, and way better than pants.
Posted by rumywonder 10 months ago
rumywonder
What are leggings?
Posted by SkyLeach 10 months ago
SkyLeach
Con: Ferengi. Position: females should not be allowed to wear clothing or participate in earning profit. Argument? It's a perverse hu-man concept destroying Ferengi society.